20 ways to become a conservative

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

20 ways to become a conservative

Post by Dakatsu »

:P Once again a joke, just changed them to the conservative versions.

1. You have to be against killing something that is debatable of wether it is considered human life, but okay sending 20 year olds to war.
2. You have to believe that businesses are more important than the government is.
4. You have to believe that the government is allowed to fund christian programs even though this breaks the first amendment.
5. You have to believe high temperatures are caused by god and that sending gases that keep in heat have nothing to do with it at all.
6. You believe that homosexuals shouldn't allowed to be married, and yet think women should cook and clean.
8. You believe just telling kids not to have sex and then take away any way to get rid of a pregnancy after sex (morning after pills) if they 'forget'.
9. You have to believe that animals should be slaughtered for fun.
11. You have to believe that the purpose of \"The Passion of the Christ\" was made to expose the filthiness of the common Jew.
12. You believe that people should be able to carry guns more than people should be allowed to express themselves without being yelled at by rednecks.
13. You have to believe that the poor and middle class are doing fine, but we need to help Britany Spears get her new personal jet.
16. You believe that the only way to run America is to follow the bible and listen to people who know the bible. These people can be found in Texas and Nebraska.
17. You believe that although it is wrong to show pride after being oppressed for decades, but to show a religious figure that isn't present in 25% and shows a sponsorship of religion is.
19. You have to believe that people who don't support a war based on false information is treason, but having 20 year old kids die in a pointless conflict is the greatest thing a man can do.
20. You have to believe that this message is a part of the \"God damned liberal jew media, which was assisted by the gay fags, the godless atheist bastards, and the unamerican islams!\"

The ones I skipped were something that I either had a supporting view on, or a neutral view, and therefore wouldn't be good for me to come up with one.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

*yawns at both topics*
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

Seems like you lumped the republicans and the bible thumpers together

I have nothing against Republicans, I am one, but bible thumpers are just plain annoying

Your whole sending 20 year olds off to war thing is funny, we still have a volunteer military (unless I'm unaware of a recent change) and they are subordinate to the commander in chief, when they accepted their job offer, they knew this, they knew they might have to go overseas to fight in a long battle and get killed. The same can't be said for an unborn child.
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on disk somewhere.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Your post lacks intelligence and tact.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

While the Dem. thread lacks tact, most of this thread is simply false.
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

lmao @ Krom's pic. :lol:
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Dakatsu, \"funny\" usually requires some elements of truth. The other thread was funnier. Someone could make an equally funny one for this side, but I don't think it'll be you; you don't understand the opposing positions well enough to properly mock them.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

snoopy wrote:While the Dem. thread lacks tact, most of this thread is simply false.
x2
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Lothar wrote:"funny" usually requires some elements of truth. The other thread was funnier
It was funnier because you are a conservative.
Yeah, I think most of this thread is grossly exaggerated, but so is the other thread. it's just easier to laugh at the guys you disagree with.

And I don't think astute political commentary was the point. The only intent was to exaggerate and make fun of both sides.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Kilarin wrote:
Lothar wrote:"funny" usually requires some elements of truth. The other thread was funnier
It was funnier because you are a conservative.
I'm a capitalist-libertarian hybrid, actually. I think there's a lot to laugh at in the conservative camp, especially the big-government crew currently in office. Palzon, Birdseye, or Vander could write up a hilarious list like this, because they understand conservatism well enough to mock it effectively. Dakatsu doesn't, so his effort comes off looking like a really weak imitation of the other thread (which, itself, was worthy of only about 2 heh's.)
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Isaac wrote:Image
Hahahaha! I <3 Futurama
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

\"To put conservatism in a bottle with a label is like trying to liquefy the atmosphere … The difficulty arises from the nature of the thing. For conservatism is less a political doctrine than a habit of mind, a mode of feeling, a way of living.\"
-R.J. White
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Yeah, if he wanted to demonstrate that he understood the opposing side, he should have just copied and pasted something from an e-mail forward. :P
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Jeff250 wrote:Yeah, if he wanted to demonstrate that he understood the opposing side, he should have just copied and pasted something from an e-mail forward. :P
Hey, I'm not saying (whoever posted the other thread) understands the other side in the slightest... only that whoever originally wrote it did enough to make a few funnies. Dakatsu... not so much.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

Lothar wrote:
Jeff250 wrote:Yeah, if he wanted to demonstrate that he understood the opposing side, he should have just copied and pasted something from an e-mail forward. :P
Hey, I'm not saying (whoever posted the other thread) understands the other side in the slightest... only that whoever originally wrote it did enough to make a few funnies. Dakatsu... not so much.
Oh... I didn't know the other one was supposed to be funny...
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Dakatsu wrote:
Lothar wrote:

not a prob dakatsu this thread is a lot funnier, now! Everyone fixed it! you win! :P

edit:
im a liberal so i'll add a line:
You include all the potheads in your party so half your votes never make it to the f#$king polls.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

Isaac wrote:
Dakatsu wrote:
Lothar wrote:

not a prob dakatsu this thread is a lot funnier, now! Everyone fixed it! you win! :P

edit:
im a liberal so i'll add a line:
You include all the potheads in your party so half your votes never make it to the f#$king polls.
LOL
Repo Man
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Repo Man »

*Snore*