My Saitek X52 Flight Control System

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

My Saitek X52 Flight Control System

Post by Glowhyena »

I use that Saitek X52 joystick for a year. When I moving any axises, the twist axis mess in right directional. I can't fix it 'cuz I've turned deadzone to bit wide. Still not work...

What do with my great joystick? :cry:
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Tried recalibrating it? Unplugging it, rebooting, and plugging it back in?
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

Yes, I did it. But not fixed then I reinstalled it. It's bit better. Why? I don't know why that joystick is really prefect for any games. And it got some awards.

Grrr. I'm really jealous of X52 Pro, $199.99!!! :x Mine's $105.00.

I wish I play any games with X52 until broken or snapped in half. Then buy a X52 Pro. :P :(
MD1985
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Sounds like your X52 went the way most joysticks go when heavily used. Even though the X52 uses hall-effect sensors for the X & Y axis, the RZ rotation is still measured by a potentiometer. Looks like it wore out. If you don't have any warranty anymore you could try to disassemble the stick and replace the pot (if you can find a replacement.)
ImageImage
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

Aww. It not work. I have X52 User Manual, it said Warranty period is 2 years.
MD1985
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Then you have two choices. Apply for an RMA from Saitek and end up paying to ship the stick to them for a replacement, OR buy a second one from a store and after waiting a week or so, take the OLD one back in the same box the NEW one came in and get a refund. (Techically this is frowned upon for moral reasons).
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Not working if they scan the serial no. on the box (same one is attached to the stick.)
ImageImage
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Re:

Post by MD-2389 »

Grendel wrote:Not working if they scan the serial no. on the box (same one is attached to the stick.)
That would require effort on their part. Depending on where he bought it from, most likely they'd scan the receipt and give him his money. Hell, if they were that anal, he could just swap the stickers.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

I remember picking up the X36 Flight system, the original ......you get what you pay for!

It broke it in less than 2 hours and promptly returned it and to this date the quality has not changed

Since then I use only CH Products for HOTAS

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

That or ThrustMaster. ..er if you're going to spend that kinda money.

30 bucks is my limit. ;) I still have the same stick nearly 4 years later.
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

BUBBALOU,
Thank for about IL-2 Sturmovik games! It look good than CFS series.

Hey, guys. I like Saitek's joystick & Throttle only. Other controls look boring but great for Flight Simulator series and other. Those controls are TOO EXPENSIVE!!! 0_o But those controls are good for learn how fly a real plane...

I didn't know recalibrating it, I asked Saitek's website about that. It gives me Saitek Recalibration file. I unplugged, zipped the file and run it. Then I Move all the axis in the full range 4 times to recalibrate. I played some games with joystick for test. I think it better. *Whew* oh my baby controls! :)

Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback 2 was my first joystick when I got Combat Flight Simulator 2. But that joystick not work with Win XP... That why I brought Saitek's controls.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Eh? The Sidewinder FF2 should work just fine in windows. Assuming you are plugging it in through the USB ports. Unless the stick itself is broken?
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

When I got SideWinder FF2 for Window ME it's work to setting controls and Control Panel was fine. But I have new Win XP and that Control Panel crashed when setting with SideWinder FF2. The stick is not broken. And I have six USB ports, front: two and back: four.
MD1985
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

it wouldn't surprise me if MS never published a driver update. XP is \"end of life\" now.
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

Yeah, I knew... But SideWinder Precision Racing Wheel is ok. But not Control Panel... Maybe I get Saitek's wheel and pedals Force.
MD1985
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

With Windows XP using the M$ Profiler software is NOT recommended

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Latest incarnation of the profiler for the FF2 (red trigger) works fine in XP.
ImageImage
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

M$ SideWinder is dead... X_X
I found one best wheel and pedals named Logitech WingMan Formula Force EX. But they're very rare, hard to find. I wish wheel has many buttons and two triggers from behind.
MD1985
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

:?

I have a Sidewinder FF2 and it works fine for me in XP.
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

When I play any game with joystick it mess. I run Saitek Recalibration file again. If mess again then run it again... I'm tried of it.
MD1985
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

If you contact Saitek and tell them that you are experienced in repairing sticks of that type ( x 45's, x-52's or even thrustmaster products) you can easily talk them into sending you the parts you need to fix your sticks.

I have 3 sets of X-52's and all 3 sets had hat switch problems. After 2 or 3 emails with saitek reps and a pic sent of what part exactly I needed they sent me 2 complete switches and a baggie full of the inividual units ( the little square things in the switch pots).

Now I just gotta stop procrastinating and get em repaired. ;)]

EDIT*

back in the X-45 days I returned a few of the sticks by buying a new set and putting the old set in the new box. They scanned the box in and handed me my money. This was at circuit city. They don't do anymore than they are required to. as long as the box is there and the sticks look like new sticks they don't care.