Compaq Evo network adapter issue

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

szam
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Compaq Evo network adapter issue

Post by szam »

I have a Compaq Evo N800c laptop that hates Descent 3 multiplayer.
The network adapter is Intel Pro/100 VE date of driver is 10/31/06. I think the driver does not like the D3 tcp/ip. Any changes I can make? Anything in the command line?
Everything else works fine, it just cannot see network games and the network does not see it either.
I know the network sees the Compaq, it surfs the Internet and plays FreeSpace 2. It just cannot network D3. No windows firewall.
I have D3 on 4 computers and have only had this problem on this computer and a Dell Inspiron 5150, whose history is terrible for overheating.
Thanks, Sam
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Are you talking about an inability to connect to PXO? PXO has been dead for years; your best bet is to use Vortex.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

If you have multiple network adapters with IP addresses in the computer (like even the microsoft TV connection) make sure D3 isn't using the wrong one by putting -useip <insert correct IP here> into the command line.
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

szam thought this thread wasn't here. I see it is. He's also having login issues so please keep an eye open for him.

KB