My extremely large playlist(only 100.0 kb of text)

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Nergen-Ak1-Defender
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

My extremely large playlist(only 100.0 kb of text)

Post by Nergen-Ak1-Defender »

This is my ipod playlist. I figure i would share it with all of you. All of the songs together would equal up to an estimated time of 1 week and 4 days. Enjoy.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =316403488
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

And your point is?

According to winamp my audio media weighs in at 20,591 items (41 days, 3 hours, 50 minutes, 46 seconds). And I don't think that even this much is all that big of a deal, probably tens of thousands of people out there with way more than me.
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

this thread bores.
Firewheel
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Firewheel »

I've never understood how people have enough time to listen to dozens of gigs of music. Even worse, it's always shuffled! I almost always listen to whole albums - the way the artist intended for their music to be heard. Of course, some bands just don't craft very good albums, but I don't listen to them.

What's much better than a playlist is Last.fm, a plugin that keeps track of your music listens and shows statistics such as most listened tracks, bands, etc.

My Music
Wheeze87
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Wheeze87 »

Firewheel wrote:I've never understood how people have enough time to listen to dozens of gigs of music. Even worse, it's always shuffled! I almost always listen to whole albums - the way the artist intended for their music to be heard. Of course, some bands just don't craft very good albums, but I don't listen to them.

What's much better than a playlist is Last.fm, a plugin that keeps track of your music listens and shows statistics such as most listened tracks, bands, etc.

My Music
True, i thik a lot of people, just have music for the sake of having it.... But i suppose it takes time to build a library of music, and i find my tastes wonders to and fro between genres every now and then, so i am always updating, always growing... And like you, i could never listen to suffled music.... An album contains a body of work created by the artists which represents a time in their lives....
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by TheCope »

Wheeze87 wrote:An album contains a body of work created by the artists which represents a time in their lives....
That's not true at all. Don't believe bios nshit from entertainers. There are multiple examples from many 'artists' that have songs 10 years old when they record them.

It's not a moment in time. It is what it is.
WillyP
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by WillyP »

Unless your living in the seventies and have a collection of 'theme' albums... (ex: Thick as a Brick)Image
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

People with huge playlists almost invariably either have huge amounts of money, or didn't buy much of their music. The latter is, of course, far more common.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

I got sirius now, so my playlist is.. well infinite.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

I'm actually pretty picky about what I keep on my playlist. I usually don't keep it at a constant size, and at the moment I only have just over 48 hours worth of music. If I added every single song I have I'd probably have double that if not more.
Firewheel
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Firewheel »

I guess you pretty much have to use a playlist with Winamp. I always hated having to add and delete stuff into the player when I wanted to listen to something. I much prefer the library on iTunes.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Since many of us have many hours worth of music.....yeah I'd say so. ;) Hell, years ago I used to leave my radio on all night long so I could sleep soundly. Now I just leave winamp running. (The last rock & roll station got bought out, and now all they play is the RIAA approved teanie-bop crap. Makes me want to puke just thinking about it! Closest station worth listening to is out of Jackson, TN...and keep in mind that I live just north of Memphis! Its a sad day when the BIRTHPLACE of rock and roll doesn't have a station that plays it anymore!)
Firewheel
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Firewheel »

Yuck. I swore off Atlanta's mediocre radio stations once I got a car stereo that lets me use my iPod in the car. :D
Sedwick
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sedwick »

Another option for those looking for variety in radio...