My new sales rep...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

My new sales rep...

Post by Canuck »

Carries high end goodies for my trade and I started reading their news letters.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

i don't know what to do with this information!
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Your sales rep or the rep from your supplier?

Very informative little newsletter BTW. Thanks =)
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Rep from my supplier. They have a whole bunch of back issues which I'll be getting over the next little while. I love the \"Failed Ad\" at the bottom of the Newsletter. And these guys are the Pros, always great information. Cool cars and a sense of humor too.
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Well since we're on the subject of Home Theatre... I'm having a problem.

I have 3 HDMI output devices, but my receiver has only ONE HDMI input and one HDMI output...so I bought an HDMI switching box to route the HDMI sources to my receiver and thence to my TV. My cable box works for about 10 seconds then goes green screen. I recycle the inputs, power cycle, blah blah blah blah and it always goes green after a little bit. My cable box is a newer Moto PVR type from Comcast, my TV is a 60\" Sony SXRD TV (KDS-R60XBR1)... I did some research, and it seems that the Comcast boxes don't play nice - and that this green screen issue happens to a lot of people with a lot of components.

Basically, I can't run my cable box through the switcher or I get the green screen. Too many middlemen? Rumor (on the internet) has it that this may be a Comcast issue awaiting a firmware upgrade...or not.

The XBox 360 and PS3 work fine... usually anyhow. I had some minor problems with the PS3 on HDMI (both on and off the switcher), which were fixed by doing a video output reset and power cycle on the TV...but I'm getting the impression that HDMI is a gigantic turd - probably due to the retarded HDCP implementations...

Any suggestions? The work-around is to output video direct to my TV's second HDMI and output audio via optical - but I'd rather be all HDMI so that I don't have to give one-hour lessons on \"how to watch TV\" to anyone who visits me.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Hm, I wonder if it's a copy-protection mechanism, similar to the way some DVD players mess with video output so that it can't run through an intermediary (like a VCR or DVR) for more than a few seconds.
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

But it plays nice with my Home Theatre Receiver - somewhat nixing that theory.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Welcome to the world of DVI/HDMI. Is your TV on before the switcher switches over to the cable box source? Are the other components off? Have you tried turning on the system using only the switcher, TV, and the cable box?

If it is the HDCP activating, (which I think it is) its interacting with other components or the switcher is at fault. Use the other HDMI straight to the TV and if you have the RCA digital out use that over optical, unless you want optical... shrug.

Get yourself a Logitech Harmony remote and spend less hours teaching and more hours enjoying your setup.

Gotta go have some of my own Gremlins to beat with a stick.