Man, can't find any 8800gt's. Anybody? How about you?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Nergen-Ak1-Defender
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Man, can't find any 8800gt's. Anybody? How about you?

Post by Nergen-Ak1-Defender »

I cannot find them anywhere. These suckers must be popular! How is anyone with finding them?
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Immortal Lobster »

Im using evga step-up to go from my 8800GTS 320MB to an 8800GT, Im at this point #419 in the queue, and I was 434, a week ago, very slow moving line. the cards are just....gone
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I've already had mine for weeks now... =)
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

I've ordered the EVGA nVidia Geforce 8800GTX ULTRA 768mb PCI Express, and it's on back order here in Australia.
Though I was told I should receive it sometime this week. ;)
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

I went for a 8800 GTS SSC. Better performance w/ the resolutions I use :)
ImageImage
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Fyi, PCIE2.0 is not \"fully\" backwards compatable, check and follow the thread here if you have concers, mostly just affects PCIe1.0a boards, PCIe1.1 boards are free and clear.

http://evga.com/forums/m.asp?m=158518
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Heh, entertaining read. I bet it's a problem w/ the card design tho.
ImageImage
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Dunno, its been a tangled web of what works and what doesnt, Im still waiting for epox to reply to me, thy seem to have been getting pretty selective on what they want to answer these days. =(
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re:

Post by Krom »

Grendel wrote:I went for a 8800 GTS SSC. Better performance w/ the resolutions I use :)
Too bad the 8800 GT in overclocked flavors will likely best the performance of that GTS SSC in virtually every resolution and setting. ;) Actually, the 8800 GT in that benchmark is stock clocked, and rumor has it these cards have in general a lot of overclocking headroom thanks to the new process they are on. The SSC flavor I saw on newegg was clocked at 700 MHz core, 2000 MHz RAM, tempting but I grew tired of parts burning out after two or three years of overclocking (though it was probably the overvolting to reach said overclocks that did most of the dirty work).
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

The 8800GT SSC edition from eVGA bests the GTX in almst every bench, and comes close to the Ultra, rather a cool spectacle. as soon as I get my card, Im testing how much I can OC it, then flashing it with the SSC bios, and overclock from there (SSC bios has a few better fan-speed settings, I just got to make sure my freaking motherboard is going to be able to see it, otherwise Im hosed.

outside of htat,t there's also a hige price difference between that 8800GTS and the 8800GT, not usre its worth what a little overclocking could have done, especially since thats fully covered by evga. $270 s $400
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Re:

Post by MD-2389 »

Aus-RED-5 wrote:I've ordered the EVGA nVidia Geforce 8800GTX ULTRA 768mb PCI Express, and it's on back order here in Australia.
Though I was told I should receive it sometime this week. ;)
Good luck with the card. I hope you won't ever have to get support for it though, because eVGA will not help you. If there is a way they can screw you, they will do what they can.

A couple years ago I bought a 6800GS from newegg, which had an additional $15 mail-in rebate. I filled it out exactly, and attached everything it specified. Mailed it out, and waited....and waited, and just for a change of pace, I waited some more. I check their rebate site to see if I'm in the database. Nothing. Finally after nine weeks I got fed up and called them. Nobody answered the phone! (keep in mind that this was in the middle of the week, around 9 or so in the morning so there should be no excuse!) I e-mailed support asking what's going on, and I get a rude reply stating that they (as a company) don't deal with rebates. I'm like "ok, wtf?!", so I post a thread on their forum inquring wtf is going on. I explained my situation, what I did, etc. I was very calm, didn't rant about how poor customer support is, or any of that. I go to check the next day and the thread is GONE. Deleted. I login and find that I'm BANNED from the board. No reason specified.

Needless to say after that I swore off eVGA as a company, and refuse to buy anything from them ever again.
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Ive done 4 rebates through them, never had an issue. usually get my check the following week even, Ive been incredibly impressed by that alone.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Count yourself lucky then.
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

no intent to insult or whatever, but honestly, I count you more so to be...unlucky, heck, my experience seems to be quite the norm with them.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

x2 - This isn't the only eVGA product I've got.

Motherboard, plus another video card from last year.
Never had any probs sofar, but hey, thats not to say it isn't possible. ;)
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Re:

Post by Grendel »

Krom wrote:Too bad the 8800 GT in overclocked flavors will likely best the performance of that GTS SSC in virtually every resolution and setting. ;)
Hehe, I doubt that. Memory size helps a lot with higher resolutions. (I'm running 1920x1200 if the game supports 16:10, else 1600x1200)
Krom wrote:Actually, the 8800 GT in that benchmark is stock clocked, and rumor has it these cards have in general a lot of overclocking headroom thanks to the new process they are on.
Have to wait that one out. The rumor I heard was that they are already clocked close to their limit. ;)

If I ever need the performance I can probably clock the card to GTX or even Ultra values w/ the waterblock I'm slapping on it. That block is another reason I stayed w/ a GTS, I can reuse it (fits only GTS cards).
ImageImage
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

the cards are already clocked close to the ram limit, theres still a lot of headroom on the GPU and shader clocks.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Heh, good luck finding an 8800 gt for the next couple of months, for nearly the performance of the GTX with a 200-250 dollar price tag, they are going to go FAST.

Im hoping this will be my next card by X-mas, going from a 6800 GS. Well, hoping I can aquire one at or near the 200 dollar price tag, in stock. :P
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDe ... e=10007181

Go, Go now! free shipping! I would If I wernt already invoved in a step-up!

In stock as of 10:50 CDT

edit: 12:06am
Gone
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Yup, like I said, good luck you gonna need it.
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

hehe, it almost lasted 1.5 hours, lmao
Nergen-Ak1-Defender
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Nergen-Ak1-Defender »

Top Wop wrote:Heh, good luck finding an 8800 gt for the next couple of months, for nearly the performance of the GTX with a 200-250 dollar price tag, they are going to go FAST.
Yes, that is pretty good for the price. Look here http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.h ... VzaWFzdA== . Performance wise, wow.

Also, its been a week period since i haven't seen any in stock.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... gt&x=0&y=0
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

8800GT SSC edition, in stock: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814130302

Posted 6:43pm CST

...lmao, gone, 7:02pm

Im getting a kick as to how fast these things are getting sucked up.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Wow. They should just axe production of all the other Nvidia cards and retool those machines to make the 8800gt!

Looks like I wont be able to get one this year, inflated prices and no stock...
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Amazon's in stock:

http://www.nextag.com/PNY-XLR8-GeForce- ... rices-html

Get em while they're hot!
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Just got an e-mail from a computer store outlet I buy stuff from.
itsdirect wrote:EVGA 8800GT KO 512mb Factory Overclocked Video Cards
29 MORE AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER, EXPECTED NEXT FRI 30/11

BREAKING NEWS to REGISTERED MEMBERS - PREORDER NOW...

Dear All,
Just a quick announcement to let you know that we've secured 29 more EVGA 8800GT KO 512mb PCI Express Video Cards expected next Friday. These cards are factory overclocked and basically equal an 8800GTX in speed - at the current rate of orders (due to global shortage expected to continue until January) these won't last 24 hours so we're letting our current registered members know that if you order asap, you'll get one sent to you upon arrival - ETA is next Friday.

Kind Regards,
The ITSdirect.com.au Team
Since the 8800GTX Ultra card I ordered is still on back order. :evil:
I canceled that order and secured 2 8800GT KO 512mb cards - plus got $38 bucks credited back! :mrgreen:

Now thats 27 video cards left because of me! :P