Family Guy

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Family Guy

Post by JMEaT »

I watch the show from time to time, I think it's hilarious.

But this kind of pisses me of. Screw you Fox!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071114/tv_nm/family_dc
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

How the hell do they plan on voicing the characters?
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

In the back of my mind I saw Peter babbling in rapid Spanish.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

No one's gonna watch that...

aside: I just started watching Family Guy this month. I added all the seasons on Netflix. Funny stuff!
Wheeze87
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Wheeze87 »

WHAT!!! That is outrageous! Sorry.. I;ve been a Famliy Guy fan for years... have all the DVD boxsets... :) And i can't beleive there are thinking of carrying on WITHOUT Seth Macfarlane. The show is NOTHING without him... I mean he does the voices of peter, brian, quagmire, and most importantly stewie. No one else can take over from him.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Would be very interesting to see how this turns out...
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

Oh no. Some voices have changed a bit. Now the show is ruined. What ever shall we do. Watching it wil be a sin against Earth.

Really though, quit yammering! Just because some of the character's voices have changed won't make the show any less enjoyable, unless you're a cranky old man.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

I think it's a matter of a wait-and-see thing. We're used to those voice characters and cannot imagine how they will be the same with different voices. This guy that voiced them is what gave these characters part of their personality.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Re:

Post by JMEaT »

TIGERassault wrote:Oh no. Some voices have changed a bit. Now the show is ruined. What ever shall we do. Watching it wil be a sin against Earth.

Really though, quit yammering! Just because some of the character's voices have changed won't make the show any less enjoyable, unless you're a cranky old man.
You're missing the point. Seth in large part conceived the show. The network is basically slapping him in the face (When it was him that brought them the ratings to begin with.)

The writer's guild strike is temporary. Making a quick buck this way will no doubt also piss off most of the production staff. What if they decide to quit, spiting Fox? It could lead to the show's cancelation (Or heck maybe they will just replace all the voice actors/writers and go with a whole new approach?)
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Not to mention that Seth's voice MAKES those characters funny. Changing them up just ruins the moment and the joke.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

ya he's striking as part of the writers' guild not the voice actors' guild. Being without such a central writer (being the major voice actor makes it even more central) would gouge that show's entrails out.

...what's with guilds anyway, they belong in RPGs. Now we have unions, lobby companys, and soccermum mobs