Simpsons HD!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Simpsons HD!

Post by Tunnelcat »

Finally! It took long enough to happen. I watched the Simpsons last Sunday on my HDTV and it was gorgeous in Hi-Def! The other FOX show King of the Hill was already broadcast in Hi-Def a couple of weeks ago. Here's what the new Simpsons opening sequence looked like.

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Yea, HD is great…too bad Toon Network has to broadcast in Stretch-o-Vision.

(I know you were referring to FOX)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

lol .. a cartoon in HD. :lol:

..so we can see the squigglyness of the lines in Homers gut.

lol ... oh wait.. those are stretch marks.
Sedwick
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sedwick »

The comments are pretty split. Many like it, but many decry the loss of the last bit of \"classic Simpsons\", especially after this long. Some acknowledge how the new works in the old structure with updates to the characters and tech. I tend to agree with that group; Homer going through the inner garage door was pretty funny!
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Thought the new intro was kinda neat, could see why some dont like it since the old sequence was the show's charm.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

nice new entry
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

What's really nice are the colors, even if you don't like the newer drawing styles. In digital TV, the color range is MUCH broader and richer, way better eye candy. Just watch an old analog Simpsons broadcast and all the colors look kind of washed out.

Spidey, I agree with you 100%. I'm getting sick of seeing either the stretch-o-vision or squish-o-vision that these idiots are broadcasting when the aspect ratio doesn't match your TV set (that's right, sometimes they'll squish a 16X9 picture to fit in 3X4 space). This is all to cater to either stupid people that don't like the 'black bars' on the sides or tops of their TV picture when viewing programs on a 16X9 set or clueless TV station engineers that aren't paying attention to what their final output looks like on both 3X4 and 16X9 TV sets.

What's a riot is that all but one of our local TV stations wimped out and delayed their digital switchover until June. One local Eugene ABC affiliate went ahead and turned off their analog this week, but didn't even say squat on air about it. To make matters worse, they kept broadcasting on the original digital UHF 44 for a day, then finally switched to VHF 9, requiring a rescan of your tuner to find it. Again, not one word on air about what they were doing, not even on their website! People are going to be PISSED OFF when digital is the ONLY TV signal in June since these broadcasters seem reluctant to explain succinct instructions to the average person on what they have to do to receive their signal.