Headphone reccomendations?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Headphone reccomendations?

Post by d3jake »

Well... It has come to my attention that taking my headset to school and back again may be putting it under considerable wear. Also that it would look rather stupid (and possibly unsanitary) to workout with a headset whose cushions are squishy and could possibly trap bodily junk. So here I ask: What headphones have you people found are good for more 'casual' wearing, but deliver good audio quality, are durable, and are cheap?
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Im a big fan of Sennheiser.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

For something portable, durable, and cheap... I recommend a decent pair of earbuds. Sony has some good but affordable ones out there.
QuestionableChaos
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by QuestionableChaos »

Foil wrote:For something portable, durable, and cheap... I recommend a decent pair of earbuds. Sony has some good but affordable ones out there.
X2

Im currently using a pair of Sony MDR-EX32s which i picked up for 20 bucks (im sure you could find them for cheaper online, but my other headphones broke and i didnt feel like waiting for a shipment)

They needed a few days break in period, but after that i found the sound quality excellent. bass is intense and crisp, and the highs are very clear but not shrill

imo the sound quality on these $20 sonys matches, if not exceeds that from many $50 & up earbuds
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Turtle Beach HPA2 .. a bit pricey, but one of the best I've bought WITH a mic.

woops! for just casual wear? Phillips ear buds. about $25, awesome sound and you can get them at Walgreens.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

I forgot to add, teh reason why I'm opposed to earbuds is that my ears have a tendency to make mroe wax than a crayon factory... even after I've cleaned 'em out...
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Sennheiser

Quality cans for every budget.

Open type for better sound.

Closed type for noise reduction.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

I like mine! No one wants to steal 'em.