GeForce availability

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

GeForce availability

Post by Burlyman »

Just out of curiosity, is there some kind of shortage of nVidia GeForce video cards? I went to a few online stores, and I don't see many available.
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

I refer to it as the power of procrastination.
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Floyd »

x-mess present panic buyings
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

It is possible Nvidia has been scaling back production of current cards while scaling up production of the much delayed next generation DX11 parts they have been working on. I can't remember any launch date on their DX11 parts other than reading a vague \"Q1 2010\" estimate.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Let's hope nVidia gets it right this time. We want much more performance, and energy efficiency. :P

I wasn't doing any \"Christ-miss\" shopping. 9_9 I was reading stuff about computer hardware and I decided to check the pricing. :P
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I know that the new 200 series has bee repackaged for 300's o_0 no one seems to know why. But yeah Burly, I noticed that too.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I was fairly sure the 300 series used a heavily revamped architecture... I don't expect many of them would be repackage jobs.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Clik

Atomic PC noticed it.

Google nvidia rebranding. You will need to wade through a bunch of junk, but there is some real info there.

I'll do a cross section of the Nvida's posted specs later. I'll post results when I'm done. That is, after all, the right way to do this. ;)
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Noted. For the low-end cards, it doesn't surprise me, but they should stop a moment to ask themselves whether maybe entry-level consumers might want a bit more eventually.

From about the 360 upwards I'd expect a new core though. But that's the only part of the spectrum that is worth buying the new cards for anyway - otherwise you might as well go with ATI, since they do the cheaper cards better (and sometimes the more expensive ones as well...).