Nvidia 3d Vision glasses...

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Indica
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Nvidia 3d Vision glasses...

Post by Indica »

The other day i was playing with my 3d glasses and i noticed that D3 is a supported game for 3d vision!! So i fired it up as fast as possible and must say it was a bit disappointing. the game was supposed to have excellent 3d support (according to Nvidia control panel)- but all i can notice is that the reticule looks different and the visual color quality is slightly better-no 3d effect at all really. Nothing at all like the other games i have where its popping off the screen. Interestingly i found that adjusting the depth and convergence did nothing to the game. Anyone have any experience with D3 and 3d vision? Perhaps i missed something obvious in the set up?
SirSamII
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by SirSamII »

Have you tried it in both OPENGL & DIRECT3D? The best I would say is make sure you have the latest supported version of the drivers for 3D Vision off Nvidias website. I noticed in the list it doesn't have WIN XP supported drivers, even in the archives section. I wonder if the Vista or WIN 7 drivers would actually work with XP? Because there are no driver listings for XP, I would assume they have not done any testing on D3 & possibly assumed because it does OpenGL/Direct3D it would have no problems. I use to have an earlier version of 3D glasses only that only showed any good results in one game. I will have to try out new 3D Vision technology maybe in the future.
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by S13driftAZ »

How much do those go for anyways?
Indica
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Indica »

they defiantly dont work in opengl only supported in d3d. Thanks for the ideas! the drivers are up to date. im going to start a thread on nvidias forum- maybe someone has some info. the glasses are170-200$ IIRC. when they work they are amazing! i really wish D3 worked! games are a whole new experience in 3d- color depth is improved and the 3d effect is great. The glasses are supposed to support 3d blue ray whenever that comes out- and google earth will be 3d soon. The biggest downside is the cost of the hardware- you have to have a 120hrz monitor or tv plus the glasses and a high end computer to render the 3d.