Psychopath attacks congresswoman

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Burlyman »

ThunderBunny wrote:Oh, you mean ghost written like "Dreams From My Father" or "Audacity of Hope?"

Back to the topic: it seems the shooter was into the 9/11 truth conspiracies and a Bush hater.
Welcome to a week ago. ^_~

but seriously folks, what a great way to make truth look bad (again) to certain people.

Confucius say: Eagle has left wing and right wing... or something like that. o_o
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Here's something scary that hasn't really hit the mainstream press. Probably because it didn't happen in New York or Washington DC.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_mlk_parade_explosive

This was no fake wussy bomb. This thing was the real deal, well built, loaded with explosives and made to kill and maim with metal shrapnel and by it's placement location next to a brick wall to direct the full explosion towards MLK parade members. It's fortunate that some workers found it BEFORE the parade. Since this happened in northeastern Washington, right next to White Supremacist Headquarters Central in northern Idaho, I can bet who's on the FBI's radar and it ain't Al Qaeda.
VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by VonVulcan »

Ferno wrote:I wonder if this Mike Quigley guy will tell you all you need to defend your home is a .22 rimfire.
I know, I'm late to the party and haven't read the whole thread yet but Got to disagree Fern. With what the bad guys are packin these days.
(20:12) STRESSTEST: Im actually innocent this time
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

VonVulcan wrote:
Ferno wrote:I wonder if this Mike Quigley guy will tell you all you need to defend your home is a .22 rimfire.
I know, I'm late to the party and haven't read the whole thread yet but Got to disagree Fern. With what the bad guys are packin these days.
Any firearm instructer teaching you a class for your CCW license will tell you the smallest caliber handgun to carry is a .38. While you can kill someone with a well placed .22, more than likely you will wind up like the woman who shot a guy 9 times with a .22 and the the guy still wound up beating the crap out of her before leaving.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

tunnelcat wrote:Here's something scary that hasn't really hit the mainstream press. Probably because it didn't happen in New York or Washington DC.

This was no fake wussy bomb. This thing was the real deal, well built, loaded with explosives and made to kill and maim with metal shrapnel and by it's placement location next to a brick wall to direct the full explosion towards MLK parade members. It's fortunate that some workers found it BEFORE the parade. Since this happened in northeastern Washington, right next to White Supremacist Headquarters Central in northern Idaho, I can bet who's on the FBI's radar and it ain't Al Qaeda.
Jumping to conclusions just like after the Az incident? I could say the backpack was planted by another wacked out liberal with the intent to make it look like someone else is to blame. Perhaps we should let the FBI to it's job before making any inferences.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

woodchip wrote:
tunnelcat wrote:Here's something scary that hasn't really hit the mainstream press. Probably because it didn't happen in New York or Washington DC.

Jumping to conclusions just like after the Az incident? I could say the backpack was planted by another wacked out liberal with the intent to make it look like someone else is to blame. Perhaps we should let the FBI to it's job before making any inferences.
why when it's so much easier to accuse without evidence. and facts would interfere with ideology.

and on a side note did anyone see the video of the Democratic Congressman on the house floor comparing the Republican's to the Nazi's

NO HATE SPEECH THERE
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

CUDA wrote:
woodchip wrote:

why when it's so much easier to accuse without evidence. and facts would interfere with ideology.

and on a side note did anyone see the video of the Democratic Congressman on the house floor comparing the Republican's to the Nazi's

NO HATE SPEECH THERE
Yeah, I did. So much for the Dems cry for a new tone of civility. Maybe he didn't get the talking point memo yet.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re:

Post by Ferno »

VonVulcan wrote:I know, I'm late to the party and haven't read the whole thread yet but Got to disagree Fern. With what the bad guys are packin these days.
that's my point.
VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by VonVulcan »

Ferno wrote:
VonVulcan wrote:I know, I'm late to the party and haven't read the whole thread yet but Got to disagree Fern. With what the bad guys are packin these days.
that's my point.
Well please explain, I'm missing it. Unless your gonna talk about how all those bad guys are getting their guns from home defense peeps. Then don't waste the electrons. :)
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

\"Unless your gonna talk about how all those bad guys are getting their guns from home defense peeps\"

haha no. I'm not naïve enough to think that vulc. you know me better than that. :)

Most of the anti-gun advocates tell you that you only need a .22 for defense, which is about as effective as using a newspaper to swat a fly.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Tunnelcat »

CUDA wrote:Jumping to conclusions just like after the Az incident? I could say the backpack was planted by another wacked out liberal with the intent to make it look like someone else is to blame. Perhaps we should let the FBI to it's job before making any inferences.

NO HATE SPEECH THERE
Yea, I saw it, winced and thought it was very tasteless on his part. As for MY "jumping to conclusions", maybe so. I'll wait to pass judgment whenever the FBI finds the real culprit(s), unless you think that the FBI has it out for White Supremacists and they're just trying to frame them with a phony bomb plot. However, they've been violently active in that area before in the past and the bomb WAS targeting an MLK Parade. Why wouldn't they want to show their dislike for our first Black President by sowing a little home-grown terror on his watch?

Ferno, do you NEED a 30 bullet magazine in your Glock, or whatever handgun you own, to defend your home? If I can't hit an intruder with any one of the measly 15 bullets my handgun's magazine normally carries, either I'm a lousy shot or there's something seriously wrong with our police force and country. That crazy that shot all those people in Tuscon may not have killed quite as many if he'd had to reload more often than he did, but that 30 round magazine and good aim gave him all the bullets he needed for a massacre. That's where the discussion should be, the huge size of magazines for semi-automatic weapons and how do we keep guns out of the hands of mentally ill people.

AS for little Sarah Palin's victim-hood stance, here's Jon Stewart's take on an unapologetic and unrepentant Sarah Palin.
Jon Stewart wrote:Credit for Sarah Palin's recovery from being unfairly linked to the Tucson shootings has to go to her nurse, Sean Hannity.
Petty Woman
Ferno

Re:

Post by Ferno »

tunnelcat wrote:Ferno, do you NEED a 30 bullet magazine in your Glock, or whatever handgun you own, to defend your home? If I can't hit an intruder with any one of the measly 15 bullets my handgun's magazine normally carries, either I'm a lousy shot or there's something seriously wrong with our police force and country. That crazy that shot all those people in Tuscon may not have killed quite as many if he'd had to reload more often than he did, but that 30 round magazine and good aim gave him all the bullets he needed for a massacre. That's where the discussion should be, the huge size of magazines for semi-automatic weapons and how do we keep guns out of the hands of mentally ill people.
I've seen this argument before and it's as stupid now as it was then. It always revolves around blaming the gun.

If your response is going to be something relating to 5 round magazines then just don't bother posting it.

just remember: bullets are cheap, hospital visits aren't.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ummm TC? Just why should Palin BE apologetic and repentant?
VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by VonVulcan »

woodchip wrote:Ummm TC? Just why should Palin BE apologetic and repentant?
I was wondering that myself...
VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by VonVulcan »

Ferno wrote:"Unless your gonna talk about how all those bad guys are getting their guns from home defense peeps"

haha no. I'm not naïve enough to think that vulc. you know me better than that. :)

Most of the anti-gun advocates tell you that you only need a .22 for defense, which is about as effective as using a newspaper to swat a fly.
Ahhhh, I see, sarcasm. Sorry I missed it. :oops:
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Tunnelcat »

No, you're right. The automaton shouldn't have to apologize for posting a nice web page displaying cross hairs over just the districts of Democratic Congressmen and women, all the while spouting "Don't retreat, RELOAD!" over and over and over and over............ in every little stump speech she coughed up, because as she said, they were just "surveyors marks" and smart people with guns would NEVER get it in their minds to actually shoot an elected official. Drip, drip.............
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

tunnelcat wrote:
No, you're right. The automaton shouldn't have to apologize for posting a nice web page displaying cross hairs over just the districts of Democratic Congressmen and women, all the while spouting "Don't retreat, RELOAD!" over and over and over and over............ in every little stump speech she coughed up, because as she said, they were just "surveyors marks" and smart people with guns would NEVER get it in their minds to actually shoot an elected official. Drip, drip.............
Yet there was no connection between why the moron shot the people and Palins website or statements.
Blaze
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blaze »

I'm with Bruce Wayne on this one.