Last Post

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re: Last Post

Post by Gooberman »

I understand that I'm not the most popular or well liked member of this forum. Hell I'm a conservative republican, who's not afraid to stand up for his faith or his God. and that makes me controversial.
No way, I think your a good choice, I just felt like you needed some unfair bs thrown your way before you start to achieve balance.

Just stickin up for my libs.

<3 Cuda
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I should also point out, that suggestion is just how I would have handled it hypothetically with the information I have today, hindsight is 20/20, and this isn't a forum like Tech where I am used to so my advice is only as good as that.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

CUDA wrote:I understand that I'm not the most popular or well liked member of this forum.
I wasn't sure at first, but I decided yesterday that you'd be a good mod. Just don't make me look bad by proving me wrong. ;)
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Krom wrote:In your shoes, operating under the current policies I would still have edited the post, just I would have left a polite and neutral note pointing out that the filter wasn't working and that you have notified the admins to correct it.
Thank you for the advice Krom and the elegant way you presented it. I will definately remember it when the time comes for me to use it during my career.

You are awesome.

Bettina
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

I found this yin yang in an old Chinese museum but it doesn't look quite right. :wink:

Bee
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Bet51987 wrote:
Ferno wrote:hey bett:

just the profanity was deleted, the post was left intact.

And following your example, I did exactly what you did but the roof didn't cave in on you. Why? I just want to understand the difference between the two examples. I would like to hear it from you, not Koolbear.

Bee

I simply told people that whining about it would be met with a nice "STFU" :)

I can be nice and reasonable a lot of the time, but when a user thinks it's funny or a good idea to test me (hurr hurr i'm gonna mess with the mod because I can or because I don't like him ruining my fun) I become raw and get right in their face about it.

*note: poking a mod into taking action isn't cool, funny or 'the in thing to do'. it makes you look like a jackass, a jerk and ruins the thread for everyone else.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Bet51987 wrote:I found this yin yang in an old Chinese museum but it doesn't look quite right. :wink:

Bee
ROFL now that's some funny ★■◆●
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Where aaaaaaaaare you woodchip? Gonna let Bee scare you off because she's nice and sticks to her principles?
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Oh, is woodchip scared, TC? Is he's just a big bag of Lay's Lemon Woodchips, scared of getting eaten alive? :P :P :P
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

Ok we've had some fun, hurt some feelings, made friends and yes enemies too, this is good time to move on to the next hopefully positive issue. :-)