Humans are beings of light.

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Humans are beings of light.

Post by flip »

http://mondovista.com/dnax.html

This discovery is going to lead to great breakthroughs in medicine. Whoda thunk it? ;)

http://www.good.is/posts/forget-wifi-it ... ightbulbs/

Here's another side of the coin.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Humans are beings of light.

Post by Foil »

I just don't see that one taking off, simply because visible-light "lightbulb" communication is subject to so many simple obstacles:

"Jimmy! Quit standing in front of the router while I'm working!"

"Dad! Joey keeps waving his hands over my led modem!"

:P
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

flip wrote:http://mondovista.com/dnax.html

This discovery is going to lead to great breakthroughs in medicine. Whoda thunk it? ;)
Yeah, sorry to say that that's all pretty much nonsense. Makes for a fun read though.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Yes, a very very small amount that's linked to fluorescent components of the skin pigment melanin. This has absolutely nothing to do with DNA, and the concept of it "communicating" via light is just laughable.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Dude, we release photons.
the pigment behind skin color, melanin, has fluorescent components that could enhance the body's miniscule light production.
"Could" "enhance" the body's "light production"

Your off a little even by your own source.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

You know, it would be so much better around here if we could just reach a consensus "humans emit light" and then move on to possibilities. Not get all friggin weirded out and going "nay,nay,nay."

EDIT: Or maybe these photons just fall to the ground after being released :roll:
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

Humans emit light as a side effect of the chemistry of life, as do other organisms.

Now, specifically in the link that top-gun uses, they never explored if photon emission is always occurring, or due to previous exposure to light - are we light bulbs or glow-in-the-dark stickers?
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

That's true and interesting. I'll check that out.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

flip wrote:Dude, we release photons.

"Could" "enhance" the body's "light production"

Your off a little even by your own source.
Yes, I didn't mention that the main cause of the effect is apparently reactions involving free radicals, but the end result is the same. It's a small effect that manifests as a barely-detectible glow. But that article you linked is spouting some nonsense about photon emissions "controlling" cell activity, which is just flat-out wrong. The rest of that website smacks pretty highly of quackery as well.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Eh, that website is spouting stuff that remains to be seen. It is very possible that animals coordinate and communicate through photon emission/reception. It could also explain intuition. As far as seeing if there is sickness in the body by weak or abnormal emission is a great path too. FlipTW still makes a good point, are we just being reflective or actually producing light, because IF man actually produces a single photon and sends it into the atmosphere is very significant. Very.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

There's nothing that remains to be seen about it, flip. The entire gist of that page is one long string of pseudo-scientific babble. The articles cited in it certainly aren't legitimate scientific journals, and I can guarantee that none of these supposed experiments has been subjected to peer review. And oh wow...now that I actually read through the whole thing, it's even pushing homeopathy. :lol:

Look...we've been looking at cells and how they work for a long time now. We know how DNA encodes genetic information, how that genetic code is transcribed into RNA, how that RNA is used by ribosomes to construct proteins, and how those proteins carry out cellular processes. These are heavily-studied mechanisms, to the point that we can even artificially reproduce the individual steps ourselves. There's absolutely no room for some "magic photons" in there, not even if the concept made any sort of physical sense.

And no, humans emitting light isn't really significant. Interesting, perhaps, but a mere curiosity.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

There are many living things that have bioluminescence, so there does exist bioluminescent plasmid DNA that that will allow an organism to give off light. But maybe we're going too far with gene splicing. For example, producing genetically modified trees that glow at night, a la Avatar? Maybe even us? Cool!

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg2 ... reets.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Hehe, ok. Read all the others too. I think it will be a significant route in the near future. I guess you don't beleive in the "voice of god" weapon either? Not that it has anything to do with this thread but imagination is what produces these things, not adherents ;)
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

flip wrote:Hehe, ok. Read all the others too. I think it will be a significant route in the near future. I guess you don't beleive in the "voice of god" weapon either? Not that it has anything to do with this thread but imagination is what produces these things, not adherents ;)
Imagining is one thing, but basing those musings on sources that are flat-out factually wrong is quite another. You seem to conflate the two pretty regularly...this is hardly the first time that you've grabbed a link to the sort of crackpot site that the Internet is chock-full of, and then treated what it said like it's the equivalent of the most widely-accepted basic scientific principles. One of the most important aspects of learning anything at all is figuring out if the source you're learning from is a valid one or not.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

flip wrote:Hehe, ok. Read all the others too. I think it will be a significant route in the near future. I guess you don't beleive in the "voice of god" weapon either? Not that it has anything to do with this thread but imagination is what produces these things, not adherents ;)

Always a favorite weapon of mine... :lol:
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I did no such thing TG. I said "Humans are beings of light." That's true. Everything else is possibilities and I said that.
I'm gonna ask you to qualify that statement too. I can't remember anything you had an answer for that silenced me either. Show me.

@Slick It would only work on those who don't know of it's existence or if they were unstable ;)
4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.”
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

(Flip, I think you ment to post that Lee Family link in this thread.)

AFAIK everything produces photons: Most absorbed photonic radiation (ie: visible light, Xrays, etc) just gets retransmitted as IR frequency photons, doesn't it? When something is heated up enough it can produce higher frequency/energy photons like visible light. Things start to glow IR, red, white, blue, UV, then Xray (etc) as they get increasingly hotter.

the light emitting in the walls of cells you guys are talking about* is kinda cool, coz it means it's at least plausible for a biological mechanism to exist which already takes advantage of this. AFAIK there's no evidence that anything does take advantage of it, but hey this is a new discovery right? Who knows what subsequent discoveries may show up in the years to come now that we know what to look for.
(My guess is we'll sadly discover nothing, as the biological mechanism would have may parts that likely have no other apparent function - it would have inevitably lead researchers to the discovery of the light source, merely in their search for "what the hell is this cell receptor here built to listen to?!". ie: There's probably no receptors. ie: there's probably no biological mechanism that exploits the phenomenon)

(*I havn't read any of the articles yet, but i'm familiar with the light-communications concept from the 2nd link)

There is talk of engineering cells to be able to communicate very complex messages to eachother via phages. Using viruses as intercellular message couriers. http://nextbigfuture.com/2012/10/synthe ... gical.html
No light involved though :(.
However, there is some progress in light-based wireless neural interfaces. They attach a light sensitive and/or light emitting component to a neuron (afaik the component can itself be living), and the neuron is then activated by light. It's great coz light emissions can travel some distance through the body's tissues, thus no wires are needed. By tuning the wavelengths each receptor is receptive to, you can gain complex fine control over large swaths of neurons, it could enable mind control (helpful or nefarious) among other impressive things. A mind-reading aspect of it can come into play when you add in light emitting components too, an individual cell can light up everytime it activates, compared to FMRIs the resolution could be unparalled. You could map entire connectomes.

re: Voice of God weapon. Are you talking about Transcranial magnetic stimulation of the temporal lobes? EG: the God Helmet? Just want to make sure you understand it's a device that physically manipulates the brain, and is thus used to illustrate the point that spirituality is a purely psychological phenomenon and in no way real in the physical world. It's not something i'd have expected you to bring up :-/.

I might come back and post again after i've read some of your posted articles.

The intercellular photonic communication notion reminds me of this idea:
http://tigr3ss.deviantart.com/art/lazer-elf-328641324
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

AFAIK there's no evidence that anything does take advantage of it, but hey this is a new discovery right? Who knows what subsequent discoveries may show up in the years to come now that we know what to look for.
That's all I'm saying, although it fits into my belief system a little differently than yours too.

The "Voice of God" weapon is a reality. They are using it now. They can use it to project a voice into someone's head, with the person standing right next to them hearing nothing. Now, that means nothing to me or you now, we have knowledge, but I imagine you get the "son of sam" or some like individual to do exactly what you tell him, after all God told him to do it. It has awesome potential for good too. Imagine your hostage and someone can give you directions of what to do, without alerting your captives at all. Still, alot of potential for misuse against the superstitious and unstable.

About Lee, na, I was just messing with Slick's head :mrgreen:
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Uh oh. The Russians are ahead of you in thinking flip. They can now see a human soul leave the body upon death. :P

http://rt.com/news/soul-aura-kirlian-device/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Yes, this is a significant discovery that will lead in new directions and things never imagined. We are goin wireless :P

EDIT: I bet you can tell alot about somebody by their aura too.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

A photon is an elementary particle, the quantum of light and all other forms of electromagnetic radiation, and the force carrier for the electromagnetic force, even when static via virtual photons. The effects of this force are easily observable at both the microscopic and macroscopic level, because the photon has no rest mass; this allows for interactions at long distances.
I'm gonna ponder on this for awhile.

EDIT:http://www.google.com/search?q=light+wi ... tartPage=1
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

flip wrote:Yes, this is a significant discovery that will lead in new directions and things never imagined. We are goin wireless :P

EDIT: I bet you can tell alot about somebody by their aura too.
It's a significant amount of horseshit, that's for sure. :D
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Dude, go sit down, do what your told, and let the big boys play. You have a very shallow and weak mind. It was not my intention to argue with you over this. If you can't participate and see beyond your shallow education. Stay out of my thread. Everyone else here has been a contributor :).

EDIT: There aint no bras on my head ;). I just have an open mind.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

...considering how idiotic your comments in these sorts of threads have become, I think I will stay out of them, for sanity's sake. The fact that you can sit there and have the idea that actually learning about how the world functions makes someone "shallow" confirms that you're pretty much beyond hope.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

You need to if critical thinking gets your panties all in a wad. Again, what exactly have you EVER given except, "nay,nay,nay." Even in this whole thread it consists of nothing except "that's bull★■◆●." No counter, EVER, just "that's bull★■◆●." Dude, your a flat-earther and don't even know it. You gonna kill me too? LOL. Yes, you are a force to stifle free thought. Definitely stay out of them.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Top Gun's world is flat, because its grounded in: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science

flip's world is indescribable because its grounded in: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinol

:P
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I only have one thing to say. "Pavlov". Again, from all nothing but insults and yanking each other off. Go wash your hands boy :)

EDIT: Lol, i'm still not even sure what you are contesting.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

In my opinion, in a proper “science” environment, any hypothesis should be tested, no matter how far out there, not simply dismissed.

It’s amazing how humans can learn, and build on knowledge from the past, but never seem to learn from actions.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

http://mondovista.com/dnax.html wrote:What Popp discovered was that benzo[a]pyrene (the cancer producing molecule) absorbed the UV light, then re-emitted it at a completely different frequency -- it was a light "scrambler". The benzo[e]pyrene (harmless to humans), allowed the UV light to pass through it unaltered.

Popp was puzzled by this difference, and continued to experiment with UV light and other compounds. He performed his test on 37 different chemicals, some cancer-causing, some not. After a while, he was able to predict which substances could cause cancer. In every instance, the compounds that were carcinogenic took the UV light, absorbed it and changed or scrambled the frequency.
This is a very bold claim. So what was the name of the study, where can i read it to verify these amazing results? This study needs to be cited, or as far as any rational reader should be concerned it didn't happen and the writer is playing hard and lose with the facts. The fact that the writer of this article can actually expect rational people to believe these bold claims WITHOUT citing the actual studies for verification, speaks volumes of both the low standards of the writer and the gullibility of his intended audience.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

You know the phrase: Pics or it never happened?
You should learn this one in relation to anyone making scientific claims: Published citation or it never happened.
Coz here's something i read about: Popp can fly through the air and has done studies proving it! Gotta believe me. Oh show you the studies? Nah just trust me. Here's a fake Popp quote backing it up: "omfg i can fly are you seeing this?", that's good enough.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Did a quick search on EBSCO...
"Benzopyrene exposure disrupts DNA methylation and growth dynamics in breast cancer cells." Department of Biochemistry, University of Western Ontario, Canada.
Exposures to environmental carcinogens and unhealthy lifestyle choices increase the incidence of breast cancer. One such compound, benzo(a)pyrene (BaP), leads to covalent DNA modifications and the deregulation of gene expression...

Sadikovic, B., & Rodenhiser, D. (2006). Benzopyrene exposure disrupts DNA methylation and growth dynamics in breast cancer cells. Toxicology And Applied Pharmacology, 216(3), 458-468.
Disrupts...? eh?

"Olive oil protects rat liver microsomes against benzo(a)pyrene-induced oxidative damages: an in vitro study." from Department of Biotechnology, Alagappa University, Tamil Nadu, India...
Benzo(a)pyrene (B(a)P), a member of the polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon family is present ubiquitously in the environment. One of its toxic effects is induction of oxidative stress (mediated by the enzyme B(a)P hydroxylase) which leads to various diseases like cancer. Olive oil (OO) that consists of many antioxidant compounds is reported to have many beneficial properties including protection against cancer....

Devi, K., Kiruthiga, P., Pandian, S., Archunan, G., & Arun, S. (2008). Olive oil protects rat liver microsomes against benzo(a)pyrene-induced oxidative damages: an in vitro study. Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, 52 Suppl 1S95-S102.
Couldn't get anything on UV Light absorption..
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

Nice, thx. But that can't be the one, Popp isn't mentioned.
Spidey wrote:In my opinion, in a proper “science” environment, any hypothesis should be tested, no matter how far out there, not simply dismissed.

It’s amazing how humans can learn, and build on knowledge from the past, but never seem to learn from actions.
It's the duty of the person making the claim to show the evidence that the claim is correct. It's no-one else's duty to waste their time trying to prove other people's crazy hypothesies right - you gotta do that yourself.

example: did you know i can fly?
Now you gotta waste your time to come over here and test it. Coz i mean - what if i can fly? That'd be pretty important to science if it were true.
No-one's ever tested me before.

Another stupid claim: my nextdoor neighbour can fly.
See - it can go on and on and on. Just because something could be true doesn't mean it's worth me wasting my time testing the idiotic theories of trolls.
Indeed, anything could be true, but so what.

In your proposed "proper science environment" the scientists don't have time to do any useful research and inquiry because they spend all their day testing a never ending supply of bull★■◆● nonsense hypothesies from every idiot under the sun. Basically every idiot who was herself too stupid to be able to learn howto test her own hypothesies, and thus lives her life by some arbitrary list of assumptions she has about the world. It's a wonder she doesn't fall off a building, coz red bull literally gives you wings prove me wrong scientists.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

Here we go:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term ... D%20cancer

this one was funny:

"Biophotonics in the infrared spectral range reveal acupuncture meridian structure of the body"
Schlebusch K; Maric-Oehler W; Popp F; Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine, 2005 Feb; 11 (1): 171-3
ISSN: 1075-5535 PMID: 15750378
Subjects: Meridians; Thermography

- Here's a publicly accessible abstract, i can verify it's the same 3 page abstract that EBSCO offers.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

And to add to that, the more out-there your claim is, the more data you're expected to provide backing it up, and the more details about exactly how you achieved your result. A well-published recent example was the experiment in which CERN scientists apparently observed neutrinos breaking the speed of light. Being good scientists, they broke down all the parameters of the experiment as thoroughly as they could, and asked other groups around the world to attempt to re-create their results. In the end, they figured out that a small timing error in the instrumentation was generating the anomalous readings. This is a great example of the scientific research method in action: if your experimental results aren't testable, repeatable, and falsifiable, they don't really mean anything.

And man, that paper is pretty fun. :D
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz-Albert_Popp (edit wars, so check the history for more to read)
This is the site for Popp's organisation the "International Institute of Biophysics" http://www.lifescientists.de

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biophoton# ... munication
ps: this other one is apparently a different topic and unrelated --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biophotonics

This physicsforums thread from 2005 seems interesting
http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=10421
Interesting to hear this Cosmic Serpent / DNA link again, the first time it was presented to me it came from some guys who were a bit crazy IMO, i saw a mushroom and they saw the Holy Chalice of Jesus :huh: .
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Heh, I just found it interesting. Is it true or not? Do humans produce photons or not? I found at least 10 links suggesting it. If so, pretty cool and "enlightening." ;P. I actually didn't notice the DNA claims. I was more interested in the communication side of things.Technical and biological.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Oh, and I'm fixing to be a grandpapa in a few hours. :) so I probably won't post anymore today.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

No roid, it’s not up to “you” to test the hypothesis…it’s up to the actual scientific community to test any hypothesis’ that have been proposed. (test…not prove…boy, you really don’t keep up)

All that is said about the person proposing the hypothesis is true, providing evidence and such, it was always my understanding that someone must write an actual paper and submit it to the proper authorities.

If this has not been done, then it’s just more internet BS.