Gospel of Paul

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Gospel of Paul

Post by flip »

The only thing that dispels hate is love. The only thing that dispels darkness is light. We are commanded to walk in the Law of God, which is simply to love God and others. The very nature of God in us. Not by power or might, but by His Spirit and this gospel here will go through the whole Earth:

Always, every single time, 2 seeds are allowed. Get off the rock of Peter, and get under the ROCK of Paul.

Whatever is on the rock is gonna shake and crumble, whatever is pinned under is not going anywhere.

See, the Christ thought it not robbery to be equal with God, but He humbled Himself even to death on a cross, and is now exalted to the right hand of God with the Father's full authority. God re-married Himself to man through the Christ. Now, just as the Father, the spirit of the Son is everywhere. The Father calls out to all to accept the Son, when they do, both come in married as one within us. Marriage is 2 becoming 1 and the Holy Spirit is the spirit of His Son, that is everywhere now.

After everything is finished, and all enemies of God are defeated, He is again subjected. SEE! WHAT GREAT LOVE! He is stepping down for us.

The Gospel of Paul, as given to him by the glorified Lord as He sat next to the Father with all glory and power. Everything must have at least 2 witnesses to be accepted, and everything else must be kept in the context of Paul's Gospel in 1 Corinthians 15.

The perfect man runs from top to bottom and has headship running all the way through it.

If they had not have done that, we would still believe He is God, but we would also have a correct picture of the Body. It runs from top to bottom with headship all the way through it. The woman has her feet firmly planted and authority because of the angels.

My guy went and stood before the Risen Lord, and never denied the Lord, and never withdrew from the gentiles. It's finished.

The Trinity doctrine is finished.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Gospel of Paul

Post by Top Gun »

le wut
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

This is only for the those who would care TG.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

flip wrote: See, the Christ thought it not robbery to be equal with God, but He humbled Himself even to death on a cross, and is now exalted to the right hand of God with the Father's full authority. God re-married Himself to man through the Christ. Now, just as the Father, the spirit of the Son is everywhere. The Father calls out to all to accept the Son, when they do, both come in married as one within us. Marriage is 2 becoming 1 and the Holy Spirit is the spirit of His Son, that is everywhere now.
uh,, yeah? Gen 2:24 and Gen 3:16 (later half) and thus Jesus prophesied to Mary in the garden in Jn 20:17. That's all through the scriptures.
flip wrote: If they had not have done that, we would still believe He is God, but we would also have a correct picture of the Body.
Not yet. Will be. After the marrage feast and creation has been judged. Don't get ahead of yourself.
flip wrote: The woman has her feet firmly planted and authority because of the angels.
Angels have not authority to give. Period. They are no different than us in that regard.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I can tell by your responses you have completely misunderstood.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Let's back track, the Body is clearly pictured:
3 But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man,[a] and the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. 6 For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

7 A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. 8 For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; 9 neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. 10 It is for this reason that a woman ought to have authority over her own[c] head, because of the angels.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I want to go home Duper :)
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

Flip,

I'm having a hard time understanding exactly what your conclusions are....

It sounds like you're trying to make a statement about the doctrine of the trinity?
Arch Linux x86-64, Openbox
"We'll just set a new course for that empty region over there, near that blackish, holeish thing. " Zapp Brannigan
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Yes, it is false. It skews perception of the Body.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

snoopy wrote:Flip,

I'm having a hard time understanding exactly what your conclusions are....

It sounds like you're trying to make a statement about the doctrine of the trinity?
That's because he is Jehovah's Witnesse (iirc) and they don't believe in the Trinity.

And I don't agree flip. It matches the body fine. Both the "Body" and the body.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Ya I've already been down this road. His opinion of the trinity is contradicted by scripture.

John is CRYSTAL clear that there will be another sent as his advocate.

and anywhere you read about the Holy Spirit in scripture it is ALWAYS talked about in the first person
NLT wrote:23 Jesus replied, “All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them. 24 Anyone who doesn’t love me will not obey me. And remember, my words are not my own. What I am telling you is from the Father who sent me. 25 I am telling you these things now while I am still with you. 26 But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you
NIV wrote:23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

25 “All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
NKJ wrote:23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.

25 “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
then there is
Matthew 28:19-20 wrote:
19 Go therefore[a] and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
Romans 8:26 wrote:
26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us[a] with groanings which cannot be uttered.
spirit in the first person in all of those verses. and I can post dozens more
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

No, I am nowhere near Jehovah's Witness. I started reading when I was 6 and I am the epitome of circular reasoning when it comes to the Bible. By age 8 I was having huge disagreements at the dinner table. God is the head of Christ who is the head of man who is the head of woman. Paul plainly says that He will again be subjected.
Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father."
You must have 2 witnesses to accept it ;)
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

9 While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through the interior and arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples 2 and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when[a] you believed?”

They answered, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”

3 So Paul asked, “Then what baptism did you receive?”

“John’s baptism,” they replied.

4 Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” 5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied. 7 There were about twelve men in all.

Jesus said no one comes to the Son except the Father draw them (The Spirit of God on all flesh)
No one comes to the Father except by the Son (the spirit of adoption)

If you will notice here, They had already repented (Father) but did not receive the Holy Spirit until they accepted the Son. The Spirit that cries out Abba Father. 2 becoming 1 is marriage.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Vain repetition :P
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

this is a fun read. I believe very little being said, viewing it all largely as a man-made creation myself. But, it is fascinating to see the exchanges around the concept of Trinity.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

What people must realize is that Jesus spoke figuratively. If He had said it literally, He wouldn't have made it 2 steps. He spoke in parables and mysteries and only explained things in secret to His disciples. The true Gospel is in 1 Corinthians 15. That is the one that needs to go around the world because that one has the true revelation of the SON.
The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”

11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:

“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.

For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’[a]

16 But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. 17 For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.
16 Jesus went on to say, “In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me.”

17 At this, some of his disciples said to one another, “What does he mean by saying, ‘In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me,’ and ‘Because I am going to the Father’?” 18 They kept asking, “What does he mean by ‘a little while’? We don’t understand what he is saying.”

19 Jesus saw that they wanted to ask him about this, so he said to them, “Are you asking one another what I meant when I said, ‘In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me’? 20 Very truly I tell you, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. 21 A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. 22 So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. 23 In that day you will no longer ask me anything. Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 24 Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

25 “Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father. 26 In that day you will ask in my name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf. 27 No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God. 28 I came from the Father and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father.”

29 Then Jesus’ disciples said, “Now you are speaking clearly and without figures of speech. 30 Now we can see that you know all things and that you do not even need to have anyone ask you questions. This makes us believe that you came from God.”
The Holy Spirit is the spirit of the SON.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Now, take the figurative speech and align it with the plain speech. You will see there is only 2. Just as Eve was pulled from the side of Adam, so the Christ was pulled from the very side of God. Same, but the Father is greater.

Just as the woman was made for the man, the Son was begotten for the Father. Headship from top to bottom.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Your interpretation is incorrect

please explain to me why Christ would say " in the name of the father, the son, and the son" ????

Explain to me why Christ would say he was leaving but the father would send "another" advocate and call him by name "the Holy Spirit" he was CLEARLY not talking about himself.

Explain to me why everytime the Holy Spirit is talked about in scripture it is in the first person not the third person.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Matthew 3:16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son,whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

if the spirit as you describe it is Christ then who is the spirit described in this verse?

― Theodore Roosevelt
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

2 Corinthians 13:14 
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 

explain who Paul was talking about in these 3

― Theodore Roosevelt
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Acts 2:32-33 
God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact. Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.

so in this verse God raised Christ from the dead and gave him the Holy spirit. "If" as you say Christ IS the spirit how could God give him what he already is?

― Theodore Roosevelt
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Because the marriage of the Father and the Son= The 'promised' Holy Spirit that we see 'now'

See Cuda, before the Son was slain, the whole world was without God. The spirit of God would only come on the prophet, priest and king of Israel, and then only for a time. When Jesus died, the Temple curtain of the Holy of Holies rent from top to bottom. The spirit of God was then poured out all flesh. Everyone has the voice of God in their heads now. Wasn't always like that ;). Now, God calls out to all to accept His Son, when they do, the spirit of the Son comes in too and hence we receive the Holy Spirit of Sonship by adoption.
Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father."
This requires no interpretation. It is very plain speech. Not figurative.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

The Christ had to be re-married to God as a man so that man could again have 'everything under his feet'. Even the woman has authority over her head because of the angels, meaning she is also an heir and has dominion over them.

Jesus Made Fully Human

5 It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking. 6 But there is a place where someone has testified:

“What is mankind that you are mindful of them,
a son of man that you care for him?

You made them a little[a] lower than the angels;
you crowned them with glory and honor

and put everything under their feet.”[c]

In putting everything under them,[d] God left nothing that is not subject to them.[e] Yet at present we do not see everything subject to them.[f] 9 But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

10 In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered. 11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.[g] 12 He says,

“I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters;
in the assembly I will sing your praises.”[h]

13 And again,

“I will put my trust in him.”

And again he says,

“Here am I, and the children God has given me.”[j]

14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. 16 For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants. 17 For this reason he had to be made like them,[k] fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. 18 Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

You haven't adressed my questions

― Theodore Roosevelt
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Yes I have ;)

EDIT: C'mon man of truth, I know your listening :)
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

I am and you have not answered my question so try again I made specific examples and you intentionally ignored them. The only reason could be because you cant answer them and back it up scripturally

― Theodore Roosevelt
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

You aint gotta believe it Cuda, but you do have to hear it and hear it everyone will ;)
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

There is not one respected thelogian that agrees with your interpretation. One would have to ask then.who is right? You or thousands of years of theological studies?

― Theodore Roosevelt
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

flip wrote:You aint gotta believe it Cuda, but you do have to hear it and hear it everyone will ;)
thats a cop out answer

― Theodore Roosevelt
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

No Cuda, it wasn't. Everything I said above is scripture, it just doesn't coincide with your doctrine.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

And why wont you address my questions?

― Theodore Roosevelt
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

There is no "my doctrine" its what the bible says

― Theodore Roosevelt
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

A little leaven leaveneth the whole batch. I never went outside of it, but I did find additions to it ;)
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

So you are writing your own scriptures, dangerous game your playing

― Theodore Roosevelt
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

No, I'm putting it all together for the God and Father of My High Priest and King.
We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you.
Every other writer describes him like this but one. Everything has to have 2 witnesses to be accepted.
A little creative editing was done a long time ago to put that argument to end and bring peace to a kingdom ;)

EDIT: At least they kept it confined to 1 :)
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Please address my examples

― Theodore Roosevelt
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

See, Cuda, that's the problem. I never went outside of it. I confirmed every single thing for myself. I have addressed you, your just too indoctrinated to know it. Being a pure, unadulterated truth seeker, I got the Gospel of Paul in the process. He says that Christ will reign with the Father's full authority until all enemies of God are defeated. The He is subjected again so that God is above all. God is the head of Christ who is the head of man who is the head of woman. Your just following a family tradition.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

CUDA wrote:
Your interpretation is incorrect

please explain to me why Christ would say " in the name of the father, the son, and the son" ????

Explain to me why Christ would say he was leaving but the father would send "another" advocate and call him by name "the Holy Spirit" he was CLEARLY not talking about himself.

Explain to me why everytime the Holy Spirit is talked about in scripture it is in the first person not the third person.
answer the questions. Quit dancing

― Theodore Roosevelt
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I'm not the one dancing, I'm hammering. I've done told you over and over.

EDIT: Because the Holy Spirit is Jesus here in spirit everywhere now.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

And when this goes out into the whole world, The Catholic Papacy goes with it. If the trinity doctrine is wrong, and it most certainly is, then divine providence goes with it, right along with the fatherhoods. Just go ask the Bishop of Rome. He refuses the papacy too. Won't stay in the papal housing, won't wear papal vestments, won't wear the ring and announced he intends radical reform of the Vatican. He calls himself the Bishop of Rome ;)