RWBY Season 2 Starts this July!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

RWBY Season 2 Starts this July!

Post by Duper »

New Opening Animation

If you haven't seen this series and you like anime, you need to see this. Some of THE best combat squences anywhere. Plus all the tropes and silliness you'd expect from a show about a bunch of monster hunting, cliquey high school kids with transforming Gun-hammers, scythes or whatever. :mrgreen:
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: RWBY Season 2 Starts this July!

Post by vision »

Whelp, that's some of the most amazing animation I've ever seen. Thanks in advance for ruining hours of my life as I watch more of this crap. :/

EDIT: Is there a non-dubbed version anywhere?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Actually Vision, this is American made. RoosterTeeth sponsor it and they are in Texas. I don't know if it's been translated into other languages yet. :?
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Duper wrote:Actually Vision, this is American made.
That's crazy. The voice acting is so bad I thought it was a dub... :/

It may actually prevent me from enjoying the series.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Aww Vision. Don't be a hater! :lol:

I don't watch a lot of anime, some but the number of series I've seen I can count on 1 hand I think. ...wait.. how many hands do i have? Oh yeah. 2. Good.
That being said, I hadn't noticed anything wrong with the voice acting. It's RoosterTeeth too so, eh. I don't look for theater quality. But I tend to differ from a lot of folks these day in this area. I watch to enjoy. I make allowances in plot and content if I'm enjoying the story. One of the reasons I didn't take issue with the Mass Effect 3 ending. ...after I got over the initial shock.

:)
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Anime produced by Americans…and I would wager penned by Koreans….snicker snicker (ok so it’s not actually penned)

JFTR…that kind of stuff is not actually considered anime….but anime-style.

Don’t mind me, I’m just hard core.

“Don’t call it a cartoon, call it anime or Japanimation…but don’t call it a cartoon” :mrgreen:
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Alright, I watched the 1st season and I give it a reluctant thumbs up. There are a lot of things I don't like about it, but the show definitely has its moments. Part of the problem for me is that, being an old man, it is a little hard to get into something aimed at younger viewers, but also because of some pretty bad writing/acting/characters. However, the action is great (when it actually happens) and the soundtrack is spectacular. So, I guess I'll keep an eye on this show. There does seem to be a lot of potential.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

There ya go Vison! It'll keep you young! and.. grown hair BACK on your chest! ..or something like that. ;D

Hey Spidey. if you go to their site, there's a couple "diary" vids RWBY studio posted expounding on their process. Pretty cool stuff. They're using motion capture in some instances.

(i'm not exactly "young" either these days. :mrgreen: )
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Spidey wrote: “Don’t call it a cartoon, call it anime or Japanimation…but don’t call it a cartoon” :mrgreen:
This.

I may check this out, it sounds at the very least amusing.
OT, sometimes I like to watch horrendously bad shows or play horrible games just to laugh at the creators and try to figure out what they thought they were doing.
Not sure why I'm saying this here. Probably cuz I'm half-asleep.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Alter-Fox wrote:...sometimes I like to watch horrendously bad shows or play horrible games just to laugh at the creators and try to figure out what they thought they were doing.
Of, there is plenty to laugh about. The show is pretty bad. But, it has lots of potential and I think that is what makes it interesting -- you keep watching for the payoff. Also, the soundtrack is great. I bought it and listen to it, like, constantly.