So..... (Iraq's oil industry)

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

index_html
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

So..... (Iraq's oil industry)

Post by index_html »

The U.N. Security Council has unanimously endorsed the US-British resolution on transferring sovereignty to the interim Iraqi government today. Link

And coalition authorities have handed over complete control of Iraq's oil industry to the interim government. Link

Our imperialistic war for oil is not going too well it would seem.
Genghis
DBB Newbie
DBB Newbie

Post by Genghis »

There's no way you're that naive, so please don't assume the rest of us are, either.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

it seems someone forgot the rule about "descriptive thread titles"... I'll edit it this once, but in the future it just gets closed.
index_html
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by index_html »

There's no way you're that naive, so please don't assume the rest of us are, either.
Feelin' smarmy today? You go girl.

Never knew there was a rule about thread titles. My bad.
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

The rule is a new one, having to do with moderators flexing their penii.
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

Genghis: please explain.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Maybe the only reason we didn't get the oil is because France, Germany and Russia beat us to it.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Its all France! They did it! :x
Genghis
DBB Newbie
DBB Newbie

Post by Genghis »

Sorry I've been away for a few days and unresponsive. Graduation and preparing for an Iceland trip have been dominating my time.

Index: Yes, I was feeling smarmy and it was a mistake to respond to your troll. If it makes you feel any better, I'll admit that I suck, and I'm a little girl, and I like ribbons in my hair, and I want to kiss all the boys.

Bash: Even the most rabid supporters of the war-for-oil hypothesis never believed we'd be a permanent presence in Iraq. Of course we're handing control over, nobody (rational) ever thought otherwise. What we will have now is a friendlier government in power whereas previously we had a downright hostile one, that's all.

I just meant to point out that returning soverignty to Iraq was inevitable and doesn't support the case for either side of the hot button issues that surround the war. Believing otherwise would be naive.
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hostile »

Genghis wrote:What we will have now is a friendlier government in power whereas previously we had a downright hostile one, that's all.
It wasn't my government!!!! :P

Besides. Even I know (I'm in the Navy) that oil has a great deal to do with anything this country does in the middle east (or in other parts of the world for that matter). I really hope we get this hydrogen fuel thing going so we can drop the middle east like a hot potato......I've spent a lot of time there. Not a fan.