MSN Users!!!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

MSN Users!!!

Post by AceCombat »

Do Not add the name tae@hotmail.com

it is a system running on a bot and contains a virus, that is un-protected by any scanner and firewall, as it already has a open un-secure connection
Battlebot
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Battlebot »

why would we want to add it anyway
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

MSN Sucks ass anyway.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

*whew!* Man that was close. Thanks for the tip .. I was JUST going to do that !!!

;)

(couldn't resist)
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

I just added him. He's offline. No virus. :P
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

yeah, damned if you just didnt save my life. i was 3 seconds from adding him to my msn. way to go ace, you're a hero.
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

this thread has a whole lotta LOL
Nexus_One
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Nexus_One »

i think i beat that guy up back in high school
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: MSN Users!!!

Post by Jeff250 »

AceCombat wrote:Do Not add the name tae@hotmail.com

it is a system running on a bot and contains a virus, that is un-protected by any scanner and firewall, as it already has a open un-secure connection
Maybe you should email him about it.
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

thats y i run an antivirus.

aney ways the onley way u could get a virus is if u share files with him
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re: MSN Users!!!

Post by Topher »

AceCombat wrote:...that is un-protected by any scanner and firewall...
That sounds like those virus hoax mails. "DO THIS NOW!!!" "NO ANTIVIRUS WILL STOP THIS!!!" "License and registration...CHICKEN F*CK*R!!!"

Antivirus is a lot better than you think it is. Most viruses are copies of an original and will be detected as a generic variant. And even if it is an original, good antivirus can detect virus like activity.
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

Why the hell do you post this here, ace? The fact that you believe this kind of crap is bad enough, but then you embarass yourself by posting it in a forum...

Oh btw Ace, don't forget to delete "jdbgmgr.exe" in your windows system directory. It's the infamous teddybear virus, it's infected virtually every PC on the internet, very dangerous OMG!!1
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

Tricord wrote:Oh btw Ace, don't forget to delete "jdbgmgr.exe" in your windows system directory. It's the infamous teddybear virus, it's infected virtually every PC on the internet, very dangerous OMG!!1
yes it is
i had gotten it befor and OMG it killed my computer and my server, had to low level all my drives to kill it :o
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

Warlock wrote:
Tricord wrote:Oh btw Ace, don't forget to delete "jdbgmgr.exe" in your windows system directory. It's the infamous teddybear virus, it's infected virtually every PC on the internet, very dangerous OMG!!1
yes it is
i had gotten it befor and OMG it killed my computer and my server, had to low level all my drives to kill it :o

oh lets see, the JavaDataBaseManager.exe uhhh DUH!! i know what that hoax is. you delete it, you lose all scripting support and windows cant boot.

so what if i posted this, here. sometimes new threats are not hoax's. but since you guys want to be a**wipes about it. instead of telling me, "thanx for the tip, but we dont care about that stuff here"

now i already know you guys love being a**holes and smartasses with me, but comon now, im just trying to be helpful. just tell me as you would tell anyone else, that you guys are aware of these things and dont really care about reading it. and ill stop.
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

AceCombat wrote:now i already know you guys love being a**holes and smartasses with me, but comon now, im just trying to be helpful. just tell me as you would tell anyone else, that you guys are aware of these things and dont really care about reading it. and ill stop.
The little boy that cried wolf wasn't being helpful at all.

But at least he knew what a wolf looked like.

Failure to use common sense only hurts you.

Im guessing you posted here just after you got that message, and you never did any checking for its voracity.
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

Ace, this isn't a forum of technically unliterated people. We know this chiz even better than you do, it seems. Also, sometimes, the fact that it's a hoax can be seen on sight. Warlock points out that you can't get infected just because you add someone to your messenger list.

Furthermore, deleting jdbgmgr.exe will not make your machine lose "scripting" or fail to boot. jdbgmgr.exe is part of the MS Java VM implementation, and it's crap. It actually diserves to be deleted. You should get the JVM from Sun if you haven't already.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Trichord, you forget that Ace has his Master's degree in IT! We should listen to his advice.

Shame on all of you.
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

Oops.. Well I guess I'm wrong then :roll: I'll come back in three years when I have my PhD to overrule him ;)
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

Tricord wrote:
Furthermore, deleting jdbgmgr.exe will not make your machine lose "scripting" or fail to boot. jdbgmgr.exe is part of the MS Java VM implementation, and it's crap. It actually diserves to be deleted. You should get the JVM from Sun if you haven't already.

then tell me why everyone who did delete jdgbmgr.exe could not boot their machines after they did delete it?
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Hey guys, at what point does it become so easy that it isn't worth the energy any more? I mean where is the challenge?
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

AceCombat wrote:
Tricord wrote:

then tell me why everyone who did delete jdgbmgr.exe could not boot their machines after they did delete it?
Because they probably nuked other files at the same time?

I just nuked that file. oh look, im still here.
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

Dedman wrote:Hey guys, at what point does it become so easy that it isn't worth the energy any more? I mean where is the challenge?
got nothing els better to do ^^
PantyRaider
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by PantyRaider »

Why the hell would i want to delete it that file anyway?
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

panties i miss your touch, your gentle way of talking to me. be my friday frozen turkey you hairy man.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

TheCops wrote:panties i miss your touch, your gentle way of talking to me. be my friday frozen turkey you hairy man.
whoa dude.. looks like you need to delete more than an e-mail .. or is that shemail? ;)
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

AceCombat wrote:
Tricord wrote:

Read and learn, o witless one:
The Microsoft Debugger Registrar for Java (Jdbgmgr.exe) is only used by Microsoft Visual J++ 1.1 developers.

If you follow the e-mail message instructions and delete this file, you do not have to recover it unless you use Microsoft Visual J++ 1.1 to develop Java programs on Windows XP, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows 98, or Windows 95.
Taken from http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... us;Q322993
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Warlock wrote:
Dedman wrote:Hey guys, at what point does it become so easy that it isn't worth the energy any more? I mean where is the challenge?
Yeah, there is that. Good point.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Warlock wrote:
To quote Spaced Invaders (a late 80's cult sci-Fi comedy)

"Because we Win!"

:wink:
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

This does get old after a couple months, but then you just take a break for a week, come back and its all fun again! :D
Arbitar
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Arbitar »

Warlock wrote:
yes it is
Acctually my dad fell for that. He's a computer idiot. He almost got a heart attack when he heard he had the "teddybear" virus, and he deleted it right away. I had to replace the stupid thing by getting it off my comptuer. :x

I told him to let me handle it next time :roll:
Wolf on Air
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Wolf on Air »

Not that you need the Java DeBuG ManaGeR for anything unless you use MS J++ for Java developement, and the people on this planet who do can be counted on two fingers.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Ace and who else?
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

heh, ACE i bet you are one of those lucky ppl who has the cool browser function: ALT-F4.

we mock you because we love you.

get better soon

-roid