Posting D3 as warez...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Posting D3 as warez...

Post by Nightshade »

I was made aware of plans to post a pirate version of D3 "stripped of single player" and distributed freely. I don't know if anyone from Interplay cares that much at this point...but that doesn't make it right.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Leave Single Player In

Post by Canuck »

Obviously crap has been done with Descent in ages and it's up to the community now it promote and support it.

Remember in D1 seeing an energy center for the first time?

Fighting those Bosses?

Remember losing Hostages and how dearly the game made you pay for that on some levels?

D2 was improved graphics, AI, and shakers... whew.

D3 lost multiplayer to graphics, but boy was that thing advanced.

It rocked.

Offer it as an option then.

Nuck out.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

I think I'm going to side with the liberals on this one. There's no way you have the right to legislate morality, so if you don't want to help pirate Descent, then you can STFU. :wink:
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

Jeff250 wrote:so if you don't want to help pirate Descent, then you can STFU. :wink:
Actually that's the best thing he can do. He's not participating in it, nor making people aware that doesn't already know who might be interested.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I'm normally against piracy of games, but in this case I'm more than willing to make an exception. Let's face it, D3 is not exactly easy to get anymore, as it was when Interplay's own online store was up and running. Sure it's sold on a few obscure sites that no one's ever heard of, but there's your problem. Sure, there's EBay, but many parents probably wouldn't allow their kids to use it (I have never used it and would feel hesitant about using it myself). We also have to face that the Descent series has no real future outside of what this community can hold together. After adding up all of the above, I come to the conclusion that a multiplayer-only warez version of D3 is all right, as long as it allows more people to play that could not have bought the game in the first place.
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: Posting D3 as warez...

Post by kurupt »

ThunderBunny wrote:I was made aware of plans to post a pirate version of D3 "stripped of single player" and distributed freely.
made aware of plans? where have you been? its been freely available for awhile now.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

I can hardly care what happens to Descent 3. I question if the people at Outrage even derive any sort of monetary benefit from Interplay for it anymore...
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Interestingly, no one currently at Outrage, worked on the D3 project.

Hmmmm .. :wink:
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Interestingly, no one currently works at Outrage... ;)
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

What's wrong is wrong. It's a game, and eventually people are going to stop playing. I don't think having an illegal version released is going to help the community very much, if at all. Face it: people gotta jump hoops to play d3 online, so some random lazy bum isn't gonna care enough to figure it out. If they do, they will get whooped and never come back. The only way the descent community will get a revival is if a new game is released. Thats where I stand.
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

there were 4 brand new players in varicose veins tonight. not bad.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Leave Single Player In

Post by Top Wop »

Canuck wrote: Remember losing Hostages and how dearly the game made you pay for that on some levels?
Whoa, how was that possible? Never noticed that. :o
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

DCrazy wrote:Interestingly, no one currently works at Outrage... ;)
THQ disbanned Outrage? Bummer :\
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Leave Single Player In

Post by Jeff250 »

Top Wop wrote:
Canuck wrote: Remember losing Hostages and how dearly the game made you pay for that on some levels?
Whoa, how was that possible? Never noticed that. :o
You lost point bonuses at the end of the level.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

MODERATOR NOTE:

As a matter of board policy, you may talk in generalities about warez, the ethics of warez, etc. However, you may not post links to warez, or links to links to warez (even if they're just to another forum where the mods aren't doing their job), or otherwise describe in detail where to get warez, regardless of your opinion of Interplay.

What you do in private messages or e-mail is your business... but keep the "how do I download an illegal copy of ________" discussion out of my forum.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Duper wrote:
Yeah, half of Outrage was assimilated into Volition, and the other half was given pink slips. :(
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

DCrazy wrote:
Duper wrote:
Yeah, half of Outrage was assimilated into Volition, and the other half was given pink slips. :(
Ouch! *warez* That sucks.*warez* I hope that *warez* Volition does *warez* well, eventhough things are *warez* tough right now. They do *warez* pretty good work. *warez* Lets hope THQ doesn't *warez* stick them in a *warez* console nitch alone. :

(p.s. *warez* just thought *warez* that I'd *warez* keep *warez* on topic *warez*.) ;)
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

Is warez still that much of a buzzword anyway?