The ""debate""

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

The ""debate""

Post by Ferno »

eugh.

y'all are gonna talk about it, anyways.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: The ""debate""

Post by Tunnelcat »

Harris baited Trump and quickly got him spitting mad, literally. Poor baby Trumpkins. :lol:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

So...as some of you might know, I can't and won't vote for Trump.

So, I figured I would watch the debate hoping Harris would give me a reason to vote for her.

Well....nope!

She spent way too much time explaining what Trump is/does.
Trump is a liar...no ★■◆●.
Trump is a felon...no ★■◆●.
Trump killed the immigration bill...no ★■◆●.
Trump has small hands...etc...etc.

We don't need a world leader that seems to think they have to explain everything to us.

Then she spends most of the rest of her time not answering the questions like a typical politician, the last thing we need leading the free world.

Honest to god, this woman sounds like she just won the Miss America crown...

"And what are your aspirations"
"World peace and everyone has a home and can afford food and stuff"

After the debate I don't know a damn thing about Harris that I didn't learn during the convention.

So, I figured I would give her one more chance...just say something clever...come on...

But no, the same old dreg.

I know it's enough for some people to vote for someone because they are not someone else, but I need more than that.

So, Sailor Moon is still getting my vote...at least she is cute.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Spidey wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:03 am
So, Sailor Moon is still getting my vote...at least she is cute.
I get where you're coming from, but it's not like it was eight years ago where you could just go independent, third-party or a write-in.

Because now, any vote that isn't Harris is equivalent to a vote for trump. The fucker needs to be buried.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Problem is...I'm finding difficult to even care who gets elected.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Spidey wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:02 am Problem is...I'm finding difficult to even care who gets elected.
Do it anyways.

That way, you can still keep your social security and whatever meds you need.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Sure, Harris gave us no policies or other important things she'd do as president. But I don't think that's way why she debated Trump. She went there to poke his buttons and she nailed every one of them, especially the crowd size one. That one stuck in his craw like a sour grape. It showed us what an unstable, self-centered, egotistical, lying prick that man is. She kept her cool and looked in control. I'm not enamored with Harris or her policies either, but I like her self-control and professional presentation. Right now, I don't want a dictator wannabe, unstable, arrogant jackass for a president who lies that he knows nothing about Project 2025. He knows full well what that is and THAT'S the reason I'd vote for Harris.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Sure, Harris showed the world what kind of person Trump is...and I guess there was at least one person that was in a coma that didn't know.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

If you don't understand what Harris's policies or goals are, then those goals almost certainly translate to "don't rock the boat". I expect a Harris presidency to be a good steward of the system and not much else, if you want a president that gets things done and makes real progress in a good way, well that was Biden but he is too old now. Based on the reaction to the debate it seems Harris's entire approach to it was just to bait Trump into self destructing in front of the largest audience possible and she was largely successful. So at least one thing you can say about Harris is she has the ability to craft and execute a plan even against someone as random and unhinged as Trump. Perhaps the real after debate is if the audience even cares though.

So you are saying that if Harris was a cute magical girl then you could vote for her? Can't make a choice between "boring politician" or "horrible tyrant", and instead demand "literal magic". Maybe set your standards a bit more realistically?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Your comment was making sense until you got to the silly parts at the end.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:26 pm Sure, Harris showed the world what kind of person Trump is...and I guess there was at least one person that was in a coma that didn't know.
No, I'm hoping that Independents and maybe a few Republicans who were still unsure of who to vote for, will now see the choice we have in stark reality. Harris is stable, smart and cagey. Most Americans know that her policies will probably be a continuation or variation of Biden's, although I'm sure she wants to make her own marks and own choices. You may not like them, but at least we know where we're headed, the Dem boring usual.

Trump, on the other hand is outright nuts and dangerous, which was on full display last night. He's delusional enough to believe and implement what he says he will, plus the plotting he's hiding. You can vote for whomever you choose, it's a free country. But I seriously doubt it will be Trump, because I know you aren't stupid. I voted 3rd party in 2016, because I hated both Trump and Hillary and couldn't stomach either. Sure, I threw my vote away, but that's democracy and I didn't have to sell my soul performing my civic duty.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

I got some bigass rallies. So what?! Why do they keep bringing this up? Who fuckin cares?
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Spidey wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 4:21 pm Your comment was making sense until you got to the silly parts at the end.
The silly parts do make sense. You did imply that you were undecided between "person who will be wallpaper if elected" versus "monster that will literally eat me alive".

So um.. you're better off voting for the wallpaper. Because if you don't like the wallpaper, you can always remove it. But you can't remove the monster unless you literally kill it.

And maybe, just maybe, the wallpaper will end up giving you a bigger social security check and more money for meds if you need them. I'm sure you'd like that.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

TheWhat wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 6:21 pm I got some bigass rallies. So what?! Why do they keep bringing this up? Who fuckin cares?
Trump cares a lot, and that was the whole point.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I know...the audacity of people actually exercising their right to vote for someone instead of against someone.

What nerve!
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

It's that whole a "crowd = correct" thing that un-nerves me. I think most people can bring up multiple examples of a giant crowd of humans chanting together and bonding over a "leader" that is not necessarily a good thing AT ALL. I don't know why it keeps getting brought up.

The only exception I can really think of (and I wasn't alive yet) where the crowd was correct was maybe The Beatles and even John Lennon was like "it's just a band" when they broke up. Other than that large groups of people chanting kinda scares me if anything.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

A veritable smorgasbord of greens:

Notable Quotes

Hobama Harris on geography:
So, Ukraine is a country in Europe. It exists next to another country called Russia. Russia is a bigger country. Russia is a powerful country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So, basically, that’s wrong, and it goes against everything that we stand for...

Hobama Harris on community banks:
We invested an additional $12 billion into community banks, because we know community banks are in the community, and understand the needs and desires of that community as well as the talent and capacity of community...

Hobama Harris on the pandemic:
We also recognize just as it has been in the United States, for Jamaica, one of the issues that has been presented as an issue that is economic in the way of its impact has been the pandemic...

Hobama Harris on Roe v. Wade:
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled. Certain issues are just settled...

Hobama Harris on the 50th anniversary of Roe v. Wade:
I think of this moment as a moment that is about great momentum...

Hobama Harris on a mass shooting in Highland Park, Illinois:
We’ve got to take this stuff seriously, as seriously as you are because you have been forced to take this seriously...

Hobama Harris on space exploration:
It is critical that we… partner to ensure that we are speaking the same language with the same motivation, inspired by the opportunity of it all, but then doing the work of updating how we have been talking and thinking about our exploration in space...

Hobama Harris on transportation:
Together, we are expanding access to transportation. It seems like maybe it’s a small issue; it’s a big issue. You need to get to go and need to be able to get where you need to go to do the work and get home...

Hobama Harris on the record flow of illegal immigrants crossing the border:
We have a secure border in that that is a priority for any nation including ours in our administration...

Hobama Harris on water policy:
We have long — and Wade and I worked together for years back in San Francisco — talked about the importance of taking seriously the urgency of this moment and, in particular, in dealing with the various issues that are present when we look at the climate crisis, thinking about water policy, diversifying water policy, understanding that we must have the ability to diversify our approach and our — and the resources to everything from what we do in terms of conservation to recycling, desalination, and storage of water...
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager

A mouse might be in a cookie jar.... but he is not a cookie" ... Casper Ten Boom

If your life revolves around the ability to have an abortion, what does that say about your life? Anonymous
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Ok woodchip is now literally reposting huge swaths of text from right-wing propaganda sites. He can't even use his own words anymore. Why it this spamming allowed? We wouldn't tolerate it from a bot, why tolerate it from someone no different from a bot?
:?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Those are her quotes. They've just been snipped and taken out of context from larger quotes. Plus, she's not the best public speaker either. I'll take a lousy speaker over a deranged old bitter man with a dick size complex any day. For example:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/harri ... get-to-go/
Harris wrote:Together, we are investing in training programs and apprenticeships that give workers the skills they need to take on the jobs with better wages and better benefits — in particular, workers from underrepresented backgrounds.Together, we are expanding access to transportation. It seems like maybe it’s a small issue; it’s a big issue. You need to get to go and need to be able to get where you need to go to do the work and get home.

So we have expanded access to transportation, including what we need to invest in public transit, understanding that the infrastructure in our country around public transit is and has been in disrepair in many areas of our country. And so that is the investment that we have put in there.
Fortunately for her, any of her "snipped quotes" still sound a whole hell of a lot more sane than what Trump spews constantly. Woody's just pissed off his guy got all his YUGE ego buttons pushed and was made to look like an angry idiot. I'd say Harris played the game very well.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

vision wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:15 am Ok woodchip is now literally reposting huge swaths of text from right-wing propaganda sites. He can't even use his own words anymore. Why it this spamming allowed? We wouldn't tolerate it from a bot, why tolerate it from someone no different from a bot?
:?
Or how about the blatant disgusting misogyny with "Hobama"? Can this be the last ★■◆●ing straw already?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

How does the inference that Harris and Obama are the same person constitute misogyny?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

They never even served together. What a stretch. :roll:

But I believe it's racism, not misogyny. New slur woody? I guess you can't separate the MAGAites from racists anymore.

The sad truth is, Harris is closer to Trump on immigration policy.

https://theconversation.com/beyond-the- ... res-238851
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Spidey wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:27 am How does the inference that Harris and Obama are the same person constitute misogyny?
I'd say it's an inference that she, like Obama, is black. The misogyny is calling her a Ho.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

All the things Woody has been accused of he must have horns, hooves and a tail.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

And fangs, you have to include the fangs.
Tunnelcat wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:52 pm They never even served together. What a stretch. :roll:

But I believe it's racism, not misogyny. New slur woody? I guess you can't separate the MAGAites from racists anymore.
Lets be realistic; if the MAGA people have the opportunity to bundle racism and misogyny, they will absolutely take it.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 2:39 pm All the things Woody has been accused of he must have horns, hooves and a tail.
Judging from most of his posts and his sigs, yes. I wonder how he finds any joy in life when he and those he follows are full of loathing for well over half this country's populace. So much so that they're willing to sell their souls to a monster just to feed that loathing and perhaps, murder or deport them all and purge them from our soil. If you disagree, you haven't been listening.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Oh, I agree completely.

The loathing of half of the country's population has been going on for a very long time.

Fly over country...
Buck toof inbred rednecks...
Privileged whiners...
Undereducated...
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I know everyone is tribal. It's being human. But when one tribe is outright calling for killing, eliminating or getting rid of the "other" just to create their version of Make America Great Again, they no longer want discourse or discussion. They want death, expulsion or forced compliance to some set standards of their own creation. In other words, they want to homogenize the country to their ideals. That's not a "free country made up of immigrants and other people who want to live their lives in peace and find ways to get along". That's Fascism. I no more want that than you, just as neither you nor I want a Communist government either.
FASCISM:

A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, a capitalist economy subject to stringent governmental controls, violent suppression of the opposition, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Sound like familiar tactics?

https://time.com/6971088/adolf-hitler-t ... democracy/
Hitler exercised his constitutional right to free speech and freedom of assembly to hold rallies across the country and spew invective in all directions—against Bolsheviks, social democrats, immigrants, Jews, even fellow rightwing nationalists. He chided the ruling elites. If God had intended aristocrats to run the country, Hitler said at one rally in fall 1932, “we’d all have been born with monocles.” He vowed to make Germany great again. He promised a Third Reich bigger and better than the previous two.

Hitler fomented outrage and discontent. He endorsed a public referendum backing the “Liberty Law,” proposed legislation that called for the abrogation of the Treaty of Versailles. The German signatories to the treaty were to be executed for treason, along with any government official who implemented the treaty’s provisions that included onerous reparation payments. It was reported, falsely, that the German government was drafting German teenagers and selling them into slavery abroad to service reparation debts. Hitler sowed lies and hatred, and harvested votes.
And now we have Trump and the real possibility of losing our several centuries old democratic republic. Trump, chiding the "elites", even though he's one himself. Trump schmoozing with far, FAR right nutcase and 9/11 conspiracy theorist, Laura Loomer, who even Marjorie Taylor Greene thinks is nutty. That's saying something. Trump calls her a "Free Spirit" too. Uh huh. The constant pushing of "immigrants eating pets", which started with one lone X unsubstantiated post, which has spread to the point that Trump is wielding it as a torch to stoke MAGA's worst fears. Of course, his supporters are responding by calling in bomb and death threats against the city of Springfield. The city had to close down the schools in response.

Trump is out there unabashedly feeding "Otherism" with lies and hate, just like Hitler. I can tell just by the tone and words of any political commercial on TV right now who's party paid for it without looking. Republican, gloom, doom and fearmongering with the words "crime, illegal immigrants, border crisis, Fentanyl and it's all the Left's fault" pretty much being shouted out constantly with the appropriate doom music to go along with it. These fascists are sick.

https://forward.com/opinion/425683/take ... -a-lot-in/
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

I'm really curious to know why woodchip is being treated with kid gloves here.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

With how increasingly angry and hate filled the right wing sphere is, it makes me seriously wonder if they could boil over if Harris does win the general. Will there be (more) riots and shootings and stuff like January 6th 2021? Will they show the world just how much more unhinged and psychotic they really are?

Like, Dick and Liz Cheney said they are endorsing and voting for Harris. So I wish someone in the mainstream press would ask them if they are happy now that the fascist monster of the right wing media silo they gleefully fed whenever it benefited them has broken free of its cage and is now devouring their own leg. Like all these old school republicans that are coming out against Trump, I bet you none of them have even the slightest remorse of all the times they got on Faux News and spewed outright lies and racist dog whistles to an adoring audience.

Lets be real, the Cheney's and all the other "old school republicans" aren't angry that Trump is turning America into a third world fascist dictatorship, they are only angry that they aren't the chosen dictator. These people never loved America, they only love power.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

vision wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:57 am I'm really curious to know why woodchip is being treated with kid gloves here.
Because Krom finds him funny.

Bit of a shame, really. You guys know I'd deal with him the way he needs to be dealt with.

I respect you fully, Krom, but people have spoken up. They want him gone and they want me to do it.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Ferno wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:09 pm They want him gone and they want me to do it.
Better yet. Lock him in the same room with SONGOKU. :wink:

(He's another wack-a-doo still lurking around in other parts of the descent community.)
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Terms wrote:You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “DescentBB” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “DescentBB” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Well, that eliminates more of us than Woody.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

I put the plicid in explicid
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ferno wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:09 pm
vision wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:57 am I'm really curious to know why woodchip is being treated with kid gloves here.

Bit of a shame, really. You guys know I'd deal with him the way he needs to be dealt with.

I respect you fully, Krom, but people have spoken up. They want him gone and they want me to do it.
And how is that tough guy...by "hitting" me. If anyone needs to be banned is you Ferno. In all my year posting here, I can't recall one member threating to hurt another member, much less other members not saying boo about it. But like Ferno, vision, Top Gun and Tiger raptor, they can only be tough guys while hiding in mums basement and using her internet account.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager

A mouse might be in a cookie jar.... but he is not a cookie" ... Casper Ten Boom

If your life revolves around the ability to have an abortion, what does that say about your life? Anonymous
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Oh poor Woody. 😢 

Tell you what. For $150 an hour, I'll listen to all your problems. We'll start from your childhood and work our way up. I can't guarantee that anything will be solved, but at least you should feel a little better about yourself.

Also, if I dress Neo as a little monkey and have him perform the Berries and Cream dance. Will that make you feeling a little better too?

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Woody breaking out the timely 1998 Internet insults.