I'm a pig!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

I'm a pig!

Post by Testiculese »

Should I feel bad being such a trough hog in the cafeteria when everyone around me is on a diet? I easily have double the amount on my plate than anyone else there! Today is Roast beef (8 slices) with mushroom gravy & red skin mashed potatoes (skins left in), 2 bananas, cup chicken noodle soup, and a milk. Oh man, being a pig is so good!!
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

You will die alone.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Hehe. But I'll fit in my coffin! :oops:
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

It's not your fault they are on a diet. So don't feel bad. I'm the same way, I can eat like an oinker and not gain any weight. Iv'e actually lost 6 lbs since I've started to roller blade home from work.
Scratch
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Scratch »

I wouldn't feel the least built guilty. Eat what you can. The other night, out to dinner with the family, I ate 2 appetizers: red beans and rice and some type of gumbo, 14 oz filet with a 8 oz sweet potato and then I some type of blueberry dessert. Not too bad ;)
D3_FaTaLiTY
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by D3_FaTaLiTY »

holy cow scratch :P
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

You only live once. Why starve yourself to get a little bit thinner when you can sample the wide array of good-tasting foods available to you? :D
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I've put away 1,800 calorie meals in less then 20 minutes before. I think the most I ever had was around 2500-3000 in 30 minutes, still super thin.
D3_FaTaLiTY
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by D3_FaTaLiTY »

well im 14 years old and only weigh 80 lbs, so I think u can get the pic :roll:
Scratch
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Scratch »

Krom wrote:I've put away 1,800 calorie meals in less then 20 minutes before. I think the most I ever had was around 2500-3000 in 30 minutes, still super thin.
Chili-cheese fries do not count as a meal! :P
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

D3_FaTaLiTY wrote:well im 14 years old and only weigh 80 lbs, so I think u can get the pic :roll:
i was like that at those ages, i was 13 and 61 lbs...friggin toothpick
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I was evil-Testi the other day and asked the cashier (somewhat loudly) if I could get a glutton's discount. I think she and I were the only two that thought it funny :twisted: We weigh our food on a scale that proudly displays the weight of the lunch plate (just the main course, not the side stuff), everyone in front of me registers .29, .47, and then here I show up with 1.98, 2.12...hehe :)

I have no idea what my caloric intake is..I've never looked.
Scratch
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Scratch »

Testiculese wrote:I was evil-Testi the other day and asked the cashier (somewhat loudly) if I could get a glutton's discount. I think she and I were the only two that thought it funny :twisted: We weigh our food on a scale that proudly displays the weight of the lunch plate (just the main course, not the side stuff), everyone in front of me registers .29, .47, and then here I show up with 1.98, 2.12...hehe :)

I have no idea what my caloric intake is..I've never looked.
Awh, screw it. Sounds like a good meal to me! Well a cheat-meal anyway ;) WTG Dave! You da man! Hey, just a bit of fun here...next time the Cashier asks you "To go or for here?" Your reply should be "To go here."

Ya know, you may actually get someone who looks for the button ;) 8) :lol:
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Testi: Hey, you paid for it so why care? ★■◆● man, I eat like a pig and I still top out at around 155, and I'm 6' 2". Damn my high metabolism....
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

*shakes fist* curse you zero-day skinny bastards! :-P

I at least earned it (though I'm not "skinny" just much leaner than I was).
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

<-- 6'5" 176lbs

I need 3000 calories/day to sustain my weight. I have never been above 180 in my 34 yrs.

Women would die to have my metabolism.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

CDN_Merlin wrote:<-- 6'5" 176lbs

I need 3000 calories/day to sustain my weight. I have never been above 180 in my 34 yrs.

Women would die to have my metabolism.
hahah

I nearly got chewed out (all in fun) when I went to Subway one time. I ordered a huge sandwich and poked fun at my weight (or lack there-of) and one of the girls behind the counter said I could have some of hers. :D (She'd be lucky to weigh as much as I do, and she's not much shorter than me.)
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

eat what you need to eat. If it's 3x as much as everyone else, or 1/3 as much as everyone else, who cares?

I used to go to the dining hall on campus in Golden, where it was all-you-can-eat, and when I got done I'd have 4 big plates, 2 bowls, and 4 glasses on my tray. I'd go through 3 entrees (a big sandwich, a few slices of roast beef, big pieces of chicken, etc.), 3 big side dishes (a baked potato, steamed veggies, etc.), a large salad, 2 bowls of soup, and 2 glasses each of orange juice, lemonade, chocolate milk, and a random other drink.

I don't eat nearly that much any more, but I never felt bad eating that near a friend who was on a diet. If anyone ever complained that it's not fair I could eat that much, I'd respond that it's not fair they could get by on so little -- there was just no way I could eat like a normal person and not be hungry, and it was expensive for me to eat as much as I did anywhere but there.

So yeah... eat as much as you feel is appropriate. Don't worry about the people next to you trying to cut their weight.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

The U.S. of A. are the country with the worst health problems due to people being to fat in the world ... oink! :P
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

...but me and Testi and the others here who've talked about pigging out are clearly not among them, so why bring it up? Oh, that's right, because Germany rulez and the USA drools :roll:

By the way, you need to make sure your verb agrees in number with your noun: "the US of A are the states with..." or "the US of A is the country with..."
*JBOMB*
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *JBOMB* »

Brush your teeth...
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

I couldn't live in a world without food. :)
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

I'm 15 years old, 5'9", 155 pounds, and I am NOT fat. Pinch me anywhere, you'll never get much fat. I eat whatever I want, whenever I want, so long as it's in the kitchen and I'm home. By clinical standards I'm probably obese, and I would consider myself so if I actually had fat. I don't work out, and I spend most of the day at the computer. Strange...
Robo
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Robo »

Stryker wrote:I'm 15 years old, 5'9", 155 pounds, and I am NOT fat. Pinch me anywhere, you'll never get much fat. I eat whatever I want, whenever I want, so long as it's in the kitchen and I'm home. By clinical standards I'm probably obese, and I would consider myself so if I actually had fat. I don't work out, and I spend most of the day at the computer. Strange...
I'm like you, though I probably weight less. I'm on the boundaries of underweight... about 125lbs and 5'10". And I wouldn't call myself clinically obese either - skinny as a twig. But I sit here and eat.
suicide eddie
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by suicide eddie »

/me too stuffed with curry to type decent reply
BAAL
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by BAAL »

I should prob eat a bit less, 6' and about 208lbs. but ya know this holiday weekend i just had to eat a nice fat juicy 28oz steak done right on the bbq. Along with the other stuff such as potatoes salad, pasta...and topped that all off in about 20 min...

2 hours later i fired up the bbq again and ate two burgers hehe...man, ain't life good :D

(note: steak covered half the BBQ grille :D )
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

This thread reminds me of a joke I once heard...

There was this elderly couple who had practiced healthy eating and frequent exercise for the rest of their lives. One day, both the husband and wife suddenly died. They came to the pearly gates and met up with St. Peter, who gave them a tour of heaven. They came to huge buffet tables laden with all sorts of delectable foods. The couple asked St. Peter, "Doesn't all of this food make you fat?" He responded, "No. Here, you can eat as much as you want all day, and you'll never gain an ounce. We don't need treadmills or fancy diets here." The husband turned to the wife and said, "You see? If you had let me eat what I wanted, I could have been here years sooner!" :P
Liquid Fire
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Liquid Fire »

I've got a strange situation, because I'm 16, 6'10" and about 120 lb. I can't eat that much because all the food where I live is geared up towards long cooked meals. Plus I don't get very big servings with 3 other siblings to feed. Also I am almost constantly working. At my mom's house, it's 10 miles to school and back every day on a bike. Half is uphill. At my dad's, it's work on the horses, work on moving heavy boxes, etc... I suppose it's good because I do gain weight very VERY slowly but it's in the form of muscle, never fat :)
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

L Fire, how can you survive? 6'10"? WTF @ 120lbs? You must be just bones with a few threads.
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

Actually, Diedel, both Austria and Denmark have far higher obesity death rates than the USA. Even those porkers in New Zealand :oops: record more deaths due to obesity than the USA. Germany (@8 per million) ranks slightly below the USA (@10 per million). Ask not for whom the dinner bell tolls... ;)

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/mor_obe_cap
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

haha owned
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

Scratch wrote:I wouldn't feel the least built guilty. Eat what you can. The other night, out to dinner with the family, I ate 2 appetizers: red beans and rice and some type of gumbo, 14 oz filet with a 8 oz sweet potato and then I some type of blueberry dessert. Not too bad ;)
red beans and rice and gumbo? sounds like youre from new orleans
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

6'1", 220lbs. I need a get-skinny-quick scheme.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

it ain't your fault you can outeat the fat porkers Testi. They're the ones that made themselves fat. ;)
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

americans are used to being fatasses, the culture revolves around it ;). other countries are freaking out and dying when they get fat.

:D
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

I often wonder how Eric the Red, Leif Ericcson (my family comes from his bloodline), Hannibal, and every other badass in this world ever got by in life without knowing their caloric intake. Haven't we lost sight of it all? You can eat whatever you want if you stay in shape. All these people on diets want to do is to eat something and then go home and watch TV. If they did any physical activity at all, they could lose weight and still eat that steak they might be craving. It's all about proper physical conditioning. That doesn't mean you have to pound weights at the gym, but go for a walk after work. Take a 2 mile jog around town or down a bike path. Hell, mow your own lawn wiht a push mower instead of drinking a beer while you ride a mower.

I absolutely love the fact that I walk into any steakhouse and I look for the biggest, baddest piece of strip in the house. I don't look for low carb anything. If I want to finish it off with oysters (raw of course) then I do it. Then if I want to have some beer afterwards at a bar, I will do it. Maybe throw in some Guinness.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

bash wrote:Actually, Diedel, both Austria and Denmark have far higher obesity death rates than the USA. Even those porkers in New Zealand :oops: record more deaths due to obesity than the USA. Germany (@8 per million) ranks slightly below the USA (@10 per million). Ask not for whom the dinner bell tolls... ;)

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/mor_obe_cap
And as for diseases Diedel, I'll have you know that ya'll brought that ★■◆● over here when the settlers set foot on American soil for the first time so its all your fault you snobby european bastard. ;) (The common cold, chicken pox, and the measles killed ALOT of native americans because they had no natural "immunity" to them.)
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

We are all responsible for those things MD, digging up things that were buried eons ago and releasing microb's into the air.

Also, we all come from the same place not matter if you believe in God or not so in the end, it's God's fault or it's natures fault.
Arbitar
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Arbitar »

AceCombat wrote:
D3_FaTaLiTY wrote:well im 14 years old and only weigh 80 lbs, so I think u can get the pic :roll:
i was like that at those ages, i was 13 and 61 lbs...friggin toothpick
Well now look at you! What happened? :o
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

CDN_Merlin wrote:We are all responsible for those things MD, digging up things that were buried eons ago and releasing microb's into the air.

Also, we all come from the same place not matter if you believe in God or not so in the end, it's God's fault or it's natures fault.
Yeah, I know. I couldn't help but make a jab at his erroneous statement. :)