Someone keeps sending me wireless NICs!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

What would you do with the NIC?

Send it back, after getting my shipping money
21%
Keep it, he's smokin crack
21%
Sell it for a quick buck
21%
Insult AceCombat
38%

Total votes: 29
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Someone keeps sending me wireless NICs!

Post by Vindicator »

In May I bought a wireless-B NIC off a guy on eBay. I get it, it works great, everyones happy.

A few weeks later, I received another wireless NIC (this one a G version) from the same guy. I think wtf, email him, turns out it was a mistake in shipping and says if i ship it back he'll reimburse me for the shipping. No problem, I do it.

Havent gotten the money for the return shipping though, and it happened in May. So I was gonna email the guy and lo and behold, another wireless-B card appears at my door. No note or anything, just the NIC in a USPS box. o_0

Mistakes happen and I can understand that, but two in the course of two months?! It's almost as if he wants me to have two cards. I emailed him and asked wtf he's smoking (in so many words, of course), but just for fun let's have a poll! Given the circumstances, what would you do?
Wang_Lo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Wang_Lo »

or sell it to Lo_Wang_Lo, the sexy asian, for 10 dollahs, being that great friend that vindi is......
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

It depends a lot on what the value of the card is, in comparison to the cost of shipping.

If it's, say, a $20 card, and it'd cost you $10 to ship it back and he already owes you $10 plus a couple months worth of interest, you may as well just sell it and call it even.

If it's a $100 card, and it'd cost $10 to ship it back and he already owes you $10, then ask him to send you the $20 to pay for 2 sets of shipping, then send the card back to him.

If you just can't decide, e-mail the guy and ask him what he thinks is fair. It's not fair to you to expect you to send it back and pay for shipping if he hasn't paid you off, and it's not fair to him to take a card that would cost him a lot of money to replace that was sent to you on accident. So, try to come to consensus with him.

If he doesn't respond to your e-mail fairly soon, then just sell and/or keep the card and be done with it.
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

if he didn't pay last time keep it.

Or, you mail him again and say, hey, this is the deal, send me a money order/paypal for shipping last time and this time, after I get it, I'll ship this one back to you. If he doesn't like that, keep it.
Cuda68-2
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Cuda68-2 »

Fate has a way of biting ya in the a$$, so do the right thing to start with.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Unsolicitated items that appear on your doorstep only require you notify the shipper and that the shipper has 60 days to send you a return pre-paid shipping label. You Vinnie are not obligated to pay for return shipment. If after 60 days of you notifying the sender, you may dispose of it as you see fit. The variant of this scenario is company A sends you some item unsolicitated and then sends you a bill for said goods. Many people will pay. It is nothing more than a scam.
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

Word to the chipper. The guy can go f himself. I've sent the wrong item to someone before, but never twice. Notify him, but don't bother hounding. Get prepaid shipping, like his USPS, UPS, or Fedex account number. That's what I do for returns.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

STRESSTEST wrote:Or, you mail him again and say, hey, this is the deal, send me a money order/paypal for shipping last time and this time, after I get it, I'll ship this one back to you. If he doesn't like that, keep it.
Word ...
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

I emailed him and yes, it was another shipping mistake. He Paypal'd me the money to ship both of em, so I guess I cant keep it. :(

(well i COULD, but i'm not mean like that)