Batman Begins

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Batman Begins

Post by Lobber »

Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Re: Batman Begins

Post by Richard Cranium »

Lobber wrote:Movie Trailer and pics

leet
Who did they get to play Batman?
Nexus_One
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Nexus_One »

Christian Bales
[AuDiO]
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [AuDiO] »

i grew up on batman. he was always my favorite super hero - but this new guy who's playing looks like a poon.
Unix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Unix »

At least the bat-costume isn't all "gayed" up like in the George Clooney movie. You know with like 6 inch ears... Maybe good, we'll see. I still think Keaton will probably always be the best batman. Maybe if they go the Tim Burton route as far as story line etc. the movie might turn out okay.
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

im glad they went back to the dark style
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

i dunno.. they really screwed up the batmobile. now it looks like it belongs in Alien.
Asrale
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Asrale »

It's "Christian Bale" mmkay? And what you talking about, not only is he a great actor (see American Psycho or Equilibrium!) he's great for the role! If you think Keaton was the definitive Batman you obviously aren't familiar with the comic book origin, the best Batman adaptation on "film" has been Mask of the Phantasm, if you haven't seen it go rent it! The only thing Tim Burton got right about Batman was a gothic and dark Gotham. Apart from that he was all wrong for the material.

The director Chris Nolan is perfect for BB, it's gonna be an intelligent crime thriller that the source material deserves. And look at the cast too, Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox, Liam Neeson as a mentor, Ken Watanabe as Ra's Al Ghul, Gary Oldman as Lt. Gordon, Cillian Murphy as the Scarecrow, and well...Katie Holmes as a love interest.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Burton's interpretation of Gotham City was, imho, the only thing the previous Batman movies really had going for them. Otherwise, they were mediocre at best. The first season of the cartoon series did the name far more justice.
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Christopher Nolan is directing it?? Awesome! He's one of my favorite directors!
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

The only good batman is the WB Animated Batman from his own series and Justice League. Hes the only super hero that other super heros fear.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Different director/actors? I will consider watching this if it's not as incredibly retarded as the last three movies. None of them lasted 15 minutes before I shut them off.
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

Ferno wrote:i dunno.. they really screwed up the batmobile. now it looks like it belongs in Alien.
Haha, it does look a bit like the APC in Aliens, but that's a plus for me. ;)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Ferno wrote:i dunno.. they really screwed up the batmobile. now it looks like it belongs in Alien.
I have to concure Ferno. :
wtf?? a BAT TANK??? LOL Or a formual 1 car designed for heavy combat. 0_o

Man .. I can NOT believe the cast!

Michael Cane
Gary Oldman
Morgan Freeman
Liam Neeson

I was a little surprised to see all these guys in one film .. cool!
Matrix
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Matrix »

ya that thing is a tank

and i hope the movie is going to be better then that site, suckage
Asrale
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Asrale »

The new Batmobile kicks the crap out of the previous ones, I don't know what you guys are smoking. Dude that thing is MEAN-looking. What criminal wouldn't be scared seeing that thing in his rearview mirror?

And besides it's not really supposed to be the "Batmobile" anyway, but the Tumbler, a prototype of what eventually becomes the Batmobile. The story is like a Year One idea of showing the origins of Batman, how he comes to be, his early years.

Chris Nolan will save the Batman franchise in 2005! :D :D I wouldn't worry Testi, if you've seen any of Nolan's other films (Following, Memento, or Insomnia) that'll give you a good idea of what BB will be like.

And if there's anyone here who lives in Chicago or thereabouts, that's where the crew is currently filming scenes for BB! Some awesome set reports have come out, see superherohype.com for the info.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

cmon asrale.. it looks like it would be better suited as a lunar explorer.

the older batmobiles looked slick. like something you'd actually want to DRIVE.

now I don't know wether they should mount a turret on top or take it to a monster truck rally.
Sage
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sage »

i liked the first batmobile, but this one is kick ass too.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

I have hope for this one, all the other batman movies sucked ass...the last was the worst

If you have ever seen BATMAN "The Animated Series" the only show that attempted to capture him based on the comics. You might rememember the one where it depicts him in the past with a 45cal on his side.. going after the mobster when it involved the gordon's and telling boy wonder to sit this one out. That is the first flashback that poped into my head after seeing the BB trailer.

If you guys want to know what Batman should be like, even in the slightest sense.
Also what as the turning point that brought us here today ..comics as movies, this book was the IT! which began the entire adult comic revolution for the industry... go pick up

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

The very best batmobile ever designed and used on film was the one from the very first two movies with Keaton. The two different batmobiles used in the last two movies were just...stupid.

This movie seems to show some promise. The casting job commands some seriously talented character acters who, no matter the movie, never seem to disappoint. So, we will see...
Verran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Verran »

Remember, it's Batman 'Begins'. The bat mobile and other items are going to be prelude versions as Bruce progresses towards becoming the caped crusader. The bat mobile in the pics could be dragster he's reforming into the very first version, etc. Christian Bale is one of my fav. actors.. I have a good feeling about this rendition.