Idea for increased Descent public interest...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Who's up for an exciting, thrilling and above all, sexy, Descent movie?

I am, in fact, I'd watch it at the theater 10 times at least
51%
I'm not, that's the lamest thing I've ever heard... a Descent movie... pfff
49%

Total votes: 53
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

How about we use actual ppl from chat in the movie. We have all the type casting covered from what we have in the community :P

Like, jbomb, he could play the dimwhitted guidebot :P
*JBOMB*
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *JBOMB* »

I would be willing to audition for dimwhitted guidbot. Please talk to my agent.
Kd527
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Kd527 »

lol. I think the guide-bot is kinda neat after he absorbs Sierra Taurus's brain data.;)
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

i'd watch it only because i'm a huge movie head. i can almost guarantee i wouldnt like it though. i never got into the descent storyline, i just played multi.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Prior to D3, there really was no storyline. D1 was "You're a mercenary hired to kill virus-infected robots. Kill them." D2 was "You thought you were going home but instead you got teleported to kill more robots. Then you got teleported to some nether region."

D3 was "You were actually teleported to our own solar system, and you were rescued by a walking Barbie doll with short-cropped hair. You, as part-time Days of our Lives star George Del Hoyo, find out that your boss, David Warner, has been involved in killing scientists that the new company you're working for was in contact with. Then you have to endure 15 levels of key hunting and guided missile puzzles..... but for justice!".
Sage
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sage »

laf my fking as of @ DCRAZY
Vlider
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vlider »

push aside vertigo 1 and make him ingus's wingmen then then we're on to something.
Ford Prefect
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Ford Prefect »

How about a scene where our hero rounds a corner and is splashed by 3 balls of fusion. At this point the camera pans across his angry face, matrix style. He throws his fist in the air and with the intensity of something from lord of the rings he exlaims: "This is why skybox is buwelsht!"
ROFL- I'd love to see that. :D
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Descent really doesn't have enough to go off. The storyline started in 1994 for D1 was pretty lame and a little clunky when you get into it.

One of the more amusing bits is that the PTMC, which is apparently this almost all-powerful goliath of a company, is actually a mining company, of all things. At first it's not so bad, but by Descent 3 one would start to wonder how something like that has so much leverage.

Not to mention that they're hiring mercenaries, for some reason, to do their work. Hmm.

It starts to get a little weird really. As though the D1 introduction was concocted as something of a joke. But anyway...