I'm making a model airplane!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

I'm making a model airplane!

Post by snoopy »

Actually, eight of us students are making an airplane.

Anyone have any experience with aircraft, especially models, that have any suggestions? I'm the person working on the airscrew/powerplant. I'm pretty sure we will be limited to one engine/muffler/fuel pressurization scheme, so mostly what I'm going to be researching is pusher/puller configurations on the prop, variable/fixed pitch options on the prop, and obviously the different profiles and diameters (and pitches if fixed) for the props. If any of you guys have resources, or know of good prop resources, please lemme know- I'm trying to build as wide of a knowledge base as possible about prop power as I can before I make any decisions about what to use. I think the first thing we have on the plate is fund raising, so I have a bit of time to try to find stuff out b/f any decisions need to be made, but I'm da prop man!
*JBOMB*
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *JBOMB* »

knowledge base = rcuniverse.com

:)
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

I competed in that same contest back in 1994. We took 9th place. If there are any apecific questions you may have that I can answer, I will be happy to do so. PM me if you want.