Wow....

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Sllik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Wow....

Post by Sllik »

I was having an overwhelming pang of nostalgia today and started searching for something Descent-related to remind me of my 'glory' days when I happened upon this board. I must say that it's interesting and gratifying to me that, even now, the remnants of the Descent community are still around. Even now, the missing Interplay site fills me with sadness.

I have not the slightest clue if any of you remember me after all this time, and I forgive you if you don't. =P I started out playing the original Descent via KaliDOS, and in later days, I maintained the old Kali gallery up until not long after Descent 3 was released.

I played many games growing up, from Commodore 64 days to current, and in my heart, nothing to this day compares to the days of Descent 2. I desperately wish someone could come out with a Descent 4 that had the exact same flavor and playstyle of Descent 2, but I know it's a dream that will perhaps never become reality.

In any event, regardless, I salute you all and am glad you're still here in whatever capacity is viable. Safe journeys, pilots.

- sLLiK
Agent4054
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Agent4054 »

Funny you should mention this. I myself stumbled(well, more like re-stumbled) upon the dbb a day or two ago after a 2-year hiatus. I still remember most everyone here (Cougar, Vertigo, Vertigo99, pATCheS, Mr Perfect prominently). But yes, it is good to know the Descent community is still there. And as crazy as ever :P...

I still play Descent1/2 on and off, but have mostly lost my apparent 'skillz' since i picked up UT.

but cool. i'm gonna try to frequent this board more often. good peeps here. a nice break from the unreal forums ><
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Welcome!
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Your wishes may be fulfilled: http://coredecision.highoctane.biz/index.php
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

we'll see
Sllik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sllik »

Noticed that a few ago, went there, and I'm already deeply embroiled in my own personal fantasies! In my mind's eye, I'm flying around with 6 DEGREES OF FREEDOM again!!

*passes out cold from sheer unbridled glee*
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

WElcome back Sllik. I remember your web site. Used to visit it often.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Wondered what happend to you bro. You had a new design to your website that was up for the longest time and then suddenly nothing. Hell, I had only been on kali for a little over a year or so when my sister and I tried sending you updated pictures for the kali gallery.

Welcome back man. It's been 5 or 6 years but welcome back! :P
Sllik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sllik »

Yeah, much has changed with the world since last I emerged from the sludge to make my presence known, at least in this form. I've got a bit of work to do methinks, and I've got to finish off another couple of projects first before I can start this one, but let's just say I'm going to be working on a surprise for everyone if life cooperates with me. =)
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Kind of miss www.sllik.com/kalig but we still remember http://www.oc-creative.com/KaliG/index.asp

Welcome back.. and kali is still alive and kicking
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

lol, just funny looking at ye old picture. Was taken during my sophomore year in High School. rofl.

Looking through these pictures reminded me that last time I was on Kali I just happend to bump into Thundercat of all people. hadn't seen him since '99. Just had a kid, and is apparently expecting or 'working' on another one.

Great stuff. I still think that LAN picture of Xciter and sfuzzi is hilarious for some reason. lol (Sorry Jim, but you look like the little kid, Harold Wormser?, from the Revenge of the Nerds movies ;) )
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Welcome back.