Chrono Break...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Chrono Break...

Post by JMEaT »

Isn't going to happen. SquareEnix dropped the trademark in the US. Doesn't look like we will see Chrono Trigger 3 any time soon Image

http://www.gameforms.com/news/?1086

http://rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2004/011304a.html
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

... good?

I still think they shouldn't have sequeled Chrono Trigger. It's a game that stands well enough on its own. And, especially if you're going to do a sequel, make it feel like the original. Chrono Cross was such a departure (plot tie-ins aside) that it just wasn't as cohesive or cool. Image

... actually what would be pretty cool is if they redid Chrono Trigger in 3D, much like the rumor was going around that they'd do to Final Fantasy VII.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

CT and FF7 3D would r0xor. I didn't think CC deserved to be included in the Chrono series. The game was OK, but they didn't do justice to the original.
Protoman
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Protoman »

Aack! I was just thinking about what Chrono Break would be like, having just beaten Chronotrigger for the second time...
Stupid
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Stupid »

"GameCube RPG Baten Kaitos." <---- If this game is anywhere near as good as Xenosaga is, it may well be worth buying a gamecube just to play it.
Also, just because they dropped the trademark for ChronoBreak doesn't mean they won't make a sequel. They may just be waiting for the eminently soon release of the PS3 before they make another CT Sequel. Last time I thought they really should have waited to make Chrono Cross on the PS2. Currently, that game is at my #3 on my all-time favorite RPGs list. With voiceovers, the game could have come close to beating out FFX, although FFX was one hell of a good game story-wise. Maybe the SquareEnix developers are fearing making another mistake in that area. However, they do seem to be making the same mistake they made with Dragon Warrior 7, and making Dragon Warrior 8 for the PS2 when there's pretty much no doubt that the PS3 and it's abilities will probably be out before DW8 comes out. That is a VERY large case of a problem in D@7, IMO, as it came out after the PS2 was released, and could have been made quite a bit better, like DW8 is appearing to be (though they were probably just rushing the release to try to please the massive Japanese Dragon Quest fanbase.)