Liberals Fail to block a Black Woman from State Dept. Lead

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

KlubMarcus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Liberals Fail to block a Black Woman from State Dept. Lead

Post by KlubMarcus »

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/ ... guest.html
But if we look at the key players here on the Democrat side, we have Robert Byrd, Barbara Boxer, Ted Kennedy, and the media -- and I'd like to analyze for you here the role of each, because as the world notes the 60th anniversary of the Holocaust the Democrats are revisiting blocking the schoolhouse door. That is precisely what is happening here. On the very day the world marks the 60th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz, the Democrats, led by a former clansman, relive the symbol of blocking a "negress" from the schoolhouse. That is a word Robert Byrd would have used back in his KKK days when he was on his good behavior. Now, let's see if I have this right. The liberals in the Senate allowed Robert Byrd to reenact keeping the "negress" out of the schoolhouse on the Senate floor for, what was it, an hour? Sensitivity, PC, political tin ear, all of the above. Let's take a look at the individual players. We just did Robert Byrd. This is a man, ladies and gentlemen, former member of the Klan who is reenacting the great work of George Wallace and Lester Maddox and all the others, who stood in front of the schoolhouse door and refused to allow blacks to enter.
:lol: That's why Democraps keep losing election after election at the local, state, and national levels. :P

It also looks like Bush nominee Alberto Gonzales is going to be the next Attorney General. Alberto grew up in Texas. 8) Looks like the "evil white folks" are on the Liberal/Democrat side of the aisle, eh?
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

yes, all liberals are klan members and nazis. now try to be the black man trying to have sex with one of GW's daughters and see how far you get.

;-0
KlubMarcus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by KlubMarcus »

TheCops wrote:yes, all liberals are klan members and nazis. now try to be the black man trying to have sex with one of GW's daughters and see how far you get. ;-0
Try to have sex with GWB's daughters, period. ;) Let's see how far you get before the Secret Service pounds you into the pavement.

Your reply is just plain B.S. without any facts. So let me give you a good example that involves adults who are beyond college, are close to Bush personally and professionally, and are of different races.

Colin Powell is pretty close to Bush. His son, Micheal Powell who is currently heading up the FCC, is married to a white lady for years. If I remember correctly, never divorced, no abortions, I think they have two kids now.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

my replies are always partial BS... and you are kind of funny using rush limbaugh as a source. makes you wonder why the NAACP has such strong opposition to the bush administration. but hey, take your whacks there justice master.
KlubMarcus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by KlubMarcus »

TheCops wrote:my replies are always partial BS...
Note to self: The Cops is a jokester. ;)
and you are kind of funny using rush limbaugh as a source. makes you wonder why the NAACP has such strong opposition to the bush administration. but hey, take your whacks there justice master.
Rush is funny, his program airs parodies all the time. :P You, as a partial BS'er, should realize that!

BTW, did you just say that the NAACP opposes Bush because of Rush Limbaugh? Wow, I didn't realize the man had such power. :lol: The last time I checked, my side of the political spectrum were dishing out the whacks.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

KlubMarcus wrote:BTW, did you just say that the NAACP opposes Bush because of Rush Limbaugh? Wow, I didn't realize the man had such power.
no.

i'm just spinning the spin that spins because we spin it. personally i think you are funny... in a clown shoe sorta way.

now let's nuke the brown people! lets nuke the brown people!
KlubMarcus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by KlubMarcus »

i'm just spinning the spin that spins because we spin it. personally i think you are funny... in a clown shoe sorta way.

now let's nuke the brown people! lets nuke the brown people!
;) No, no, no! Let's Nuke the anti-American brown people! The good brownies, like me, should be left so we can move to the USA and drive the economy forward. That way we can afford to buy even more weaponry and smash the next batch of bad guys. :lol:

On a side note, a chunk of the Patriot Act was written by a first-generation Vietnamese immigrant who understands the evils of communism. http://www.imdiversity.com/Villages/Asi ... ot_act.asp
January 27, 2003 - Seared into the memory of the architect of the USA Patriot Act is the image of his mother wielding an ax almost as big as herself, chopping to pieces the rickety boat that carried them from Vietnam to Malaysia in 1978.

"My first question was, 'Is she crazy?'" recalls Viet Dinh. "We could be imprisoned or forced back to sea in an even less seaworthy vessel. But it was recognition that nothing could be as bad as going back to Vietnam. It was a leap of faith into our freedom." ...

Dinh says he recognizes that in post-9/11 America, immigrants are afraid that they can be deported for the slightest reason. Failure to comply with certain immigration laws, however must be "willful" to be a "removable offense." But an immigrant, he says, is a kind of "guest" obligated to obey laws, some of which "have not been enforced for 50 years." "We are letting you know that we are enforcing them now, Dinh says. "We are not here to play 'gotcha.'"

What about racial profiling? It's "wrong ... immoral and illegal" to target any person for disparate treatment simply because of their race, ethnicity or religion, Dinh says. When asked why most investigative efforts have concentrated on men of a certain age, from certain countries, Dinh shrugs. "These are not our criteria. They are al Qaeda's. These are the countries they have cells in, the age groups they recruit from." ...
:wink:
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

TheCops wrote: i'm just spinning the spin that spins because we spin it.
Careful you don't fall down from being too dizzy.
Instead of TheCops...how about TheTops?
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

OUCH he linked directly to rush

looks like spawn of woodchip!
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

Birdseye wrote:looks like spawn of woodchip!
he can no longer produce spawn because while he was naked fixing his garbage disposal a cat latched on to his sack.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Birdseye wrote:OUCH he linked directly to rush

looks like spawn of woodchip!
Spawn of woodchip? He makes woodchip look like Mike Al-Moore! (No offense :P)

KlubMarcus, putting together a coherent thought or two before posting in this forum would serve you in good stead.
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

The whole "attempt" to block Rices confirmation as sec. of State was symbolic and the participating democrats knew it. You people just love drubbing on liberals so much that you cant see pure symbolism if it sat on your nose and crapped in your eye.
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

It wasn't *symbolism* as much as political theater and an effort to keep the fundraising gravytrain rolling.
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

Well, to us who thought she did a piss poor job it is better than just handing the keys over
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Birdseye wrote:Well, to us who thought she did a piss poor job it is better than just handing the keys over
So Bird, you are saying its better to potentially affect how the Sec. of State can present americas position on the world stage just to vent? That seems pretty small minded to me.
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

No, I'm saying protest a nomination you don't agree with if you have valid reasons (obviously a subjective evaluation).

The republican jerk session in here would like to call it grandstanding or political theatre but for people like me, it is the last shred of sanity left... to just let Rice in unprotested would be crazy.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Hard questions are fine. Bashing the administration by trying to re-live the pre presidential debates is grand standing. Most of what I heard from Kerry/Boxer/Kennedy was 55 minutes of what they thought wrong with how things are handled and 5 minutes of real questions.
Heaven forbid those three ever got real power.
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

So better to toss out valid converns and grievences and just let Rice have the keys to the car without letting her know that there are people both in congress and the general public that vehemently disagree with her stance, policies, and manner of doing her previous job?

And from what I saw of the questioning, the best acting job there was was none other than Rice herself sidestepping most of the important issues. You want the democrats to let her in without adressing their concerns, I'd say the way her confimration vote went showed you that they did just that.
KlubMarcus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by KlubMarcus »

Avder wrote:The whole "attempt" to block Rices confirmation as sec. of State was symbolic and the participating democrats knew it.
The Democrapic Party, symbolism over substance. :wink: Hey, you read it confirmed right here on DescentBB.