Cops win a reverse discrimination lawsuit!

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

KlubMarcus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Cops win a reverse discrimination lawsuit!

Post by KlubMarcus »

http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/1/21/123644.shtml
... The Associated Press wire story on the case follows:

A former Inglewood, Calif., police officer who was fired for punching a black teenager and slamming him against a patrol car in an incident that was captured on videotape was awarded $1.6 million Tuesday by the jury in a discrimination lawsuit he and his partner brought against the city.

The jury voted 11-1 in favor of the verdict for Jeremy Morse, said defense attorney Gregory Smith. He said the jury was unanimous in awarding $810,000 to Morse's partner, Bijan Darvish, who had been disciplined in connection with the 2002 incident.

"This is not the first time police officers have been trapped in race situations where they suffered unfairly," Smith said in a phone interview after the verdict was read. "This will have an impact in police departments across the country."

Morse, 27, said he was very happy with the verdict. He had previously faced a charge of assault, but a judge dismissed it in February 2004 after two juries deadlocked. A jury acquitted Darvish of filing a false report. ...
Ha Ha Ha, stupid CA liberals. :lol: Police are supposed to rough up criminals who resist arrest.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

haha you're a texan
KlubMarcus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by KlubMarcus »

roid wrote: haha you're a texan
;) No state income tax, deductable state sales tax, more square feet for the dollar, number one in executions, concealed weapons permits, strong property and business protection laws, anti-frivolous lawsuit reforms. It's good to be a Texan. 8)
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

cool.
my country is surrounded by water and lots of muslims. it's neat.

it's gotta suck to have your nuts grabbed, this is a win for police with grabable nuts everywhere.
KlubMarcus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by KlubMarcus »

roid wrote:cool. my country is surrounded by water and lots of muslims. it's neat.
One day you or your children will have to patrol your waters with gunboats to prevent illegal immigration by people fleeing their inferior nations. It will be like the US Navy/Coast Guard going on patrol at our waters near Mexico, Cuba, and the rest of the Carribean. Oh wait, I'm sorry. Australian coastal patrols are already doing that! :lol:
it's gotta suck to have your nuts grabbed, this is a win for police with grabable nuts everywhere.
Yes, and big wins with lots of zeroe$ for Officer Jeremy Morse and Officer Bijan Darvish. :P The only way this would have turned out better is if Officer Morse and/or Darvish shot that perp and then won their suits!
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I don't see how they awarded him 1.6 million. Good for him to get it, of course. Will he invest and retire, or will he become a news drama story as he reclaims his job only to get shot dead on the streets (on something unrelated) a week later?
Robo
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Robo »

Ever heard of Hitler, Marcus? And if I gave you a pin would you know what to do with it?

[spoiler]Edit: Wow, I only had to look at two of your latest topics in the E&C to determine your a narrow minded over-patriotic arsehole. Hitler was a guy who thought that all the other people of the world were inferior, just like you think other countries are inferior. And the pin is for releasing some of that patriotic pressure that has built up inside that donkey-kong head of yours.

First you think it's wrong for France to try and fight harder to defeat AIDS, now you start calling other countries inferior. Jesus...

</Rant> Pardon my behaviour Birds/Lothar. It's been a long day. [/spoiler]
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

This is amazing. Add this anomaly to the list of topics we can reach concensus on: Marcus is an extremist nutjob and nobody likes him.

I feel proud to see both conservatives and liberals standing together on this subject. *sniff*
Robo
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Robo »

I'm neither, I'm British.
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

Good! I was sick of Woodchip monopolizing the rightwing whacko department. God bless capitalism.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

he's making woodchip look like hillary.

oh ho ho ho ho. ah ha ha ha ha.

;-0
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

TheCops wrote:he's making woodchip look like hillary.;-0
I feel a fainting spell coming on.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

KlubMarcus wrote:
roid wrote:cool. my country is surrounded by water and lots of muslims. it's neat.
One day you or your children will have to patrol your waters with gunboats to prevent illegal immigration by people fleeing their inferior nations. It will be like the US Navy/Coast Guard going on patrol at our waters near Mexico, Cuba, and the rest of the Carribean. Oh wait, I'm sorry. Australian coastal patrols are already doing that! :lol:
you are saying that USA is an "inferior" nation?

australian immigration policys are a heavily debated subject here at home. most people see them as harsh and inhumanitarian.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

KlubMarcus claims that he has immigrated from a foreign country... some thread (i don't keep track, maybe "pull tabs and loose women from 1952").

he slams politicians (i agree, just include your own opportunistic whores as well, horse blockers).

and just prove you are not one of the 7 people who post here in disguise. i ain't gonna track you down with your ip addy like some "personal liberty advocate" that just uses the internet to find your private info anyway... umm, dat der would be a violation of your personal information.

*waves flag*
KlubMarcus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by KlubMarcus »

Robo wrote:Ever heard of Hitler, Marcus? And if I gave you a pin would you know what to do with it?
:) Yes, I've heard of Hitler. He's the evil guy that almost ran over you sissy Brits if America didn't bail you out, again

:wink: BTW Robo, Cubans inflate inner tubes and paddle across open seas to US shores in order to flee his inferior nation and his inferior government. You can pine about sensibilities all day long, but it won't change the facts. The USA is superior. As long as smart hard-working people keep coming here, America will always be ahead.
KlubMarcus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by KlubMarcus »

roid wrote: you are saying that USA is an "inferior" nation?
No, but you seem to be. ;) I said that the USA is sorrounded by inferior nations where the people want to flee to the USA for a better life.
australian immigration policys are a heavily debated subject here at home. most people see them as harsh and inhumanitarian.
When you pick players for Team Anarchy, don't you want the best players to join your side? Or do you want players that have low skills, turn against you, or don't do anything? The same considerations apply to your country, too. That is why immigration policy is tough. You can't let everyone in and you have to screen the ones you do let in.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

KlubMarcus wrote:...He's the evil guy that almost ran over you sissy Brits if America didn't bail you out, again. :wink:

Even with the "wink wink" that just doesn't register on the funny scale. The Brits are one of the toughest bunches of people this planet has ever known and if you looked into their part in WWII and Americas late entry to the fray you wouldn't make such a joke.
KlubMarcus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by KlubMarcus »

TheCops wrote: and just prove you are not one of the 7 people who post here in disguise. i ain't gonna track you down with your ip addy like some "personal liberty advocate" that just uses the internet to find your private info anyway... umm, dat der would be a violation of your personal information. *waves flag*
Don't be a kook conspiracy theorist TheCops. We wouldn't want you to shame yourself on a fool's errand.

But hey, if you notice anyone hijacking my Login, feel free to contact me.
KlubMarcus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by KlubMarcus »

Will Robinson wrote: Even with the "wink wink" that just doesn't register on the funny scale. The Brits are one of the toughest bunches of people this planet has ever known and if you looked into their part in WWII and Americas late entry to the fray you wouldn't make such a joke.
Then Robo should've known better than to make a comparison between me and Hitler because if he knew his own country's history he would know that the USA saved Britain from Hitler's regime. It was an easy shot and it was just sitting there, I had to take it. He was asking for it.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

KlubMarcus wrote:..Then Robo should've known better than to make a comparison between me and Hitler because if he knew his own country's history he would know that the USA saved Britain from Hitler's regime....
Maybe he knows his history better than you think.
We didn't save Great Britian from Hitlers advances, the Brit's and the French resistance were poised to repel the Germans from France when we joined in. We certainly shortened the war considerably and sealed Hitlers doom but we didn't win the war like the calvary coming to the rescue in a John Wayne movie...
KlubMarcus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by KlubMarcus »

Will Robinson wrote: Maybe he knows his history better than you think. We didn't save Great Britian from Hitlers advances, the Brit's and the French resistance were poised to repel the Germans from France when we joined in.
And how do you come to that conclusion? Do you know what the USA was doing prior to our formal declaration of war against the Axis powers in terms of military, political, and economic assistance? Do you really think a bunch of resistance fighters without a fully functioning economy and massive natural resources can stop the WW2 German military? Do you think an island nation like Britain within range of bombers and U-Boats could actually carry on the fight alone? Do you think the French Resistance could prevail when part of the French military/populace served side by side with the Germans?
We certainly shortened the war considerably and sealed Hitlers doom but we didn't win the war like the calvary coming to the rescue in a John Wayne movie...
Shortening the fight and sealing the enemy's defeat, hmmmmm.... sounds like a successful Cavalry rescue mission.