Where can I get one

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Where can I get one

Post by BUBBALOU »

STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

welcome to last month... Old...
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

How about the (almost) next best thing?
Admiral Thrawn
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Admiral Thrawn »

Yea, old, but it's fun seeing it again. since we're on the subject, I would LOVE to see the design team for this create a transformers movie with the same quality as this commercial. Seeing a realistic Optimus like that would just completely kick ass!
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

Admiral Thrawn wrote:Yea, old, but it's fun seeing it again. since we're on the subject, I would LOVE to see the design team for this create a transformers movie with the same quality as this commercial. Seeing a realistic Optimus like that would just completely kick ***!
Coming soon to a theater near you :)
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

I used to belong to the Official Transformers Fanclub back in the 80s. Currently I'm a member on Don Murphy's BB where I give him feedback on certain things regarding the Transformers, G1 more specifically, which is what the movie will be based on.

Lot of people over there that have no clue about stuff and post some really stupid threads regarding TF stuff. Hmmm...kinda like here sometimes ;) Having Steven Spielberg onboard as Exec. Producer should be interesting :)

One of the bigger obstacles so far has been and will be negotiations for rights to use the trademark vehicle modes for the initial cast (Might be a three picture deal). VW has been stubborn about using the original VW Beetle design for Bumblebee. I haven't heard much about a compromise using the new model or whether or not other manufacturing companies have been in negotiations at this time. That whole issue could turn out to be interesting. Would dictate whether or not Murphy and Co. might have to resort to alt. modes.

So far the only non-traditional issue that has come up is that Megatron will not be a gun as he was in G1 but rather a tank. Hasbro factored into this decision because they can't make a toy gun action figure (As the original Megatron figure was). Other things along these lines are bound to come up later as well.

I just hope that John Rogers writes a better movie then Catwoman was...I REALLY REALLY do. Better not get my hopes up TOO much :P
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

hmm, i wondered why you wern't beating up fusion in the powerrangers thread tyranny. now i know.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

I didn't beat him up because the thread was boring. You can't even compare the two. Transformers and GI Joe were hallmarks that most 20somethings grew up on here in the states. Power Rangers didn't come out here until I was like 14, I didn't really care about them.

At that time I had already gotten into Comics and started collecting action figures sets such as most X-MEN figures. I also became a big comic book card collector at the time, most Marvel cards. The reason being that I wanted to become a comic book artist, or atleast work in the industry in some fashion.

Transformers was a big part of inspiring that though. All my creativity stems from what I saw when I was 4-10 years old and the transformer action figures my parents used to buy for me. I've already said one of the very first movies I ever saw in the theater was the original animated Transformers Movie. So of course 20 years after I first got introduced to Transformers I'm going to be interested when I hear that they're making a live action movie.

Just because it was a long time ago doesn't mean you forget the things that inspired you.

btw, I know you were poking fun. :P
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Not to mention Transformers were cool, Power rangers...NOT.