I wouldn't mind..

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

FunkyStickman
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by FunkyStickman »

I saw plans for this car a year or two ago, but it didn't look exactly like this, as it was still in the design phase. I like the general idea, and there's tons of possibilities.
roid wrote:Can any of your rev-heads tell me:
100mph max speed for a 1,900 kg (4,185 pounds) 80 horsepower car. How is that, good? bad?
That's fairly decent. Top-end speed is mostly determined by gearing, horsepower, and aerodynamics. Weight is only an issue when doing acceleration tests. However, 100MPH out of 80 HP is pretty good, I'm guessing it's got a very low Coefficient of Drag. My car makes 100HP and can do about 105 before the speed governor stops it, but getting the last 10 MPH takes a while. I'd imagine it couldn't go much faster without a struggle. Also, wind resistance isn't linear, so it would take much more than a 10% power increase to make a 10% speed increase. That's why 100HP can go 100MPH, but it takes over 1000HP to go 300MPH.

And as for everybody else who decided arguing about global warming would be a good idea... thanks for crapping on this thread.
ccb056 wrote:oceans cannot increase the amount of water vapor in the air with the same magnitude that hydrogen power can
For that, my friend, you get the "Tinfoil Hat Award". A more idiotic statement would be hard to think of.
ccb056 wrote:Once you explain that to me, I will then be able to show you why you are wrong.
*SIGH* Can't we all just get along?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

there ya go. ;)
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

FunkyStickman wrote:I saw plans for this car a year or two ago, but it didn't look exactly like this, as it was still in the design phase. I like the general idea, and there's tons of possibilities.
roid wrote:Can any of your rev-heads tell me:
100mph max speed for a 1,900 kg (4,185 pounds) 80 horsepower car. How is that, good? bad?
That's fairly decent. Top-end speed is mostly determined by gearing, horsepower, and aerodynamics. Weight is only an issue when doing acceleration tests. However, 100MPH out of 80 HP is pretty good, I'm guessing it's got a very low Coefficient of Drag. My car makes 100HP and can do about 105 before the speed governor stops it, but getting the last 10 MPH takes a while. I'd imagine it couldn't go much faster without a struggle. Also, wind resistance isn't linear, so it would take much more than a 10% power increase to make a 10% speed increase. That's why 100HP can go 100MPH, but it takes over 1000HP to go 300MPH.
the thing looks like a brick, i wouldn't expect it to have good aerodynamics. it is weirdnessss