A gay president, and the Irony of Prop 8.

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Will this Country ever see a gay president?

Yes.
29%
No.
71%

Total votes: 24
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

MD-1118 wrote:"as long as it doesn't interfere with you and yours appreciably" equates to "as long as they aren't directly harming others" in my book
My issue wasn't actually with the "appreciably" point, but with "You and yours" as opposed to "others" in general. I think we should protect people from harm, even if they aren't us or ours. Which I assume is actually what you meant.
MD-1118
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by MD-1118 »

Kilarin wrote:
MD-1118 wrote:"as long as it doesn't interfere with you and yours appreciably" equates to "as long as they aren't directly harming others" in my book
My issue wasn't actually with the "appreciably" point, but with "You and yours" as opposed to "others" in general. I think we should protect people from harm, even if they aren't us or ours. Which I assume is actually what you meant.
Pretty much. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's all-inclusive, since there's no way any one person could reasonably be expected to keep track of every single person in the world, but protecting others from harm falls under the "respect others" category in my opinion.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Oh i just had to bump this thread for this one!
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Seen it. Absolute trash.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

It was awesome. :D

Bee
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

shaktazuki wrote: Peace out, bros. You don't have to agree - but in the name of intellectual honesty you should engage the actual argument instead of acting like mocking idiots.
you will never get that on this board. and fortunately some of the worse anti Christian offenders have since moved on. I've found that those that vocally oppose a faith are much less tolerant that those that are of a faith.

Unless your Muslim :P
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Bettina wrote:I've found that those that vocally oppose a faith are much less tolerant that those that are of a faith
Often, but there are certainly plenty of exceptions. Rudeness exists in plenty on both sides of the theism line. There is less excuse on the theist side, in my opinion, so I blame us more.