Another ban falls

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Another ban falls

Post by callmeslick »

Will Robinson wrote:
callmeslick wrote:
Will Robinson wrote: 1) given good cause for that defensiveness by way of pursuing extreme regulation instead of just sensible regulation.
please provide examples that have been put forth by anyone in power. Ever.
Are you seriously, in good faith, trying to propose no one on the left has pushed for unreasonable gun control measures?!?
I am saying it has NEVER made it NEAR to being even proposed as legislation. EVER. Show me one bill that has even made it to a committee stage in which unreasonable measures were proposed.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:
callmeslick wrote:
Will Robinson wrote: 1) given good cause for that defensiveness by way of pursuing extreme regulation instead of just sensible regulation.
Are you seriously, in good faith, trying to propose no one on the left has pushed for unreasonable gun control measures?!?
I am saying it has NEVER made it NEAR to being even proposed as legislation. EVER. Show me one bill that has even made it to a committee stage in which unreasonable measures were proposed.
Well outright bans have been passed and blanket outlawing of right to keep and bear have been passed...seems pretty extreme to me...and subsequently overturned by the higher courts so I find your claims to be outright bullshiz.

But let's get to the context of the discussion in which you offered your false statement. Let's even accept it for a moment...

If the extreme regulation is beaten back by the opposition before being enacted into law then, according to your logic, citing the extreme legislation attempt as cause for the opposition to react....to suspect it will recur... is somehow invalidated?!?

You are a most illogical person....or a most dishonest participant in the debate....
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:
callmeslick wrote:
Federal or state level :wink:
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

CUDA wrote:
callmeslick wrote:sure, guns make neat stuff like this easy!
http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/us-ho ... h-shooting

he goes to jail for life, and aren't we all so much safer? Guns, FTW!!!
tell me you're not basing your whole argument off of one or two stupid people. tell me please that you have actual statistics that prove that you are not safer if you own a gun.
I guess the moral of the story is, don't shoot someone until they are actually coming through your door, not just pounding on it in the middle of the night like a crazed maniac.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

CUDA wrote:I see you missed this little quailifier
WOW! You really can't read can you!?
vision wrote:(Note: The ranged weapon category includes things other than guns, but I looked through dozens of linked articles and could not find a single US killer that did not use a firearm.)