Day of Silence

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

behemoth wrote:Hope your grandmother gets better dak
Absolutely! Praying for you both.
Pandora
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Pandora »

Behemoth wrote:Hope your grandmother gets better dak
same from me! I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

Thanks you guys :)

She's doing much better, apparently a doctor prescribed her too many medications, and they almost killed her :x
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

that's why they call it a \"Practice\". :roll: Trust me, I've been down that road. Glad to hear she's doing better.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Dakatsu wrote:Thanks you guys :)

She's doing much better, apparently a doctor prescribed her too many medications, and they almost killed her :x
Good to hear she's ok Dakatsu. If I were you I would list her name, address, tel. number, insurance account numbers, primary care physician name and number, next of kin names and numbers, medications, their dosages and when taken, allergys to meds, and any other important medical data... on a single page word document.

Type her meds in column form in bold type.Keep one document in her purse, give one to a few close family members, and update it whenever her meds change.

You can't believe how easy it makes everything work if you can simply hand that document to an EMT or other medical person in an emergency. When the EMT has to talk to the hospital from the ambulance he will have all the data available to him. Don't get fancy...a hard copy is best.

Bettina
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Dakatsu wrote:apparently a doctor prescribed her too many medications, and they almost killed he
I've had that happen to a couple of relatives of mine. <sigh>
Bettina wrote:You can't believe how easy it makes everything work if you can simply hand that document to an EMT or other medical person in an emergency. When the EMT has to talk to the hospital from the ambulance he will have all the data available to him. Don't get fancy...a hard copy is best.
Fantastic advice! Thanks!
Pandora
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Pandora »

Kilarin wrote:I've had that happen to a couple of relatives of mine. <sigh>
same here.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

Luckily my mom had a list of the medications she took, and luckily I was able to find the medications themselves in her house :) I'll relay that idea to my mom :)