Sarah Palin

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re:

Post by Lothar »

Jesus Freak wrote:
TechPro wrote:
Spidey wrote:Palin is hated for one reason, she is a threat to Obamas election.

Nuff Said.
Ditto that. Choosing her was a gutsy choice and a huge curve ball that the Obama camp hadn't planned for. Made them scramble.
Really? The polls disagree. I will agree it was a purely political decision, though.
The polls agreed when she was first picked. It went from an Obama blowout to a close race almost overnight.

Obama has regained something of a lead, partly due to the dishonest smears like the ones tunnelcat keeps posting straight off of Daily Kos/Democratic Underground, partly due to Palin doing poorly in the Couric interview, and partly due to the economy going weird on us. But don't be surprised when the race turns out to be very close...
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

I would be surprised if it didn't, but the closer Obama can bring this big gap to e-day, the harder it becomes for the numbers to fully converge for McCain.

I disagree that part of it is the \"Daily Kos/Democratic Underground.\" Both sides have their share of dedicated/only-purpose mud-slingers on the internet. But the conservatives have an edge in the talk radio arena that is simply un-matched. We have no Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, Bill O'reilly, and Michael Savage equivalents, when it comes to ratings. You guys pretty much own the entire AM dial.

I'd say 95% is the Economy, like it or not Republicans are viewed as the anti-regulation party. Fair or un-fair, and no matter how many democrats may be involved, they will take the hit for a regulatory mess.

4% is Couric, and 1% is its just a democratic year. :wink:
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Dakatsu »

tunnelcat wrote:"The heels go on, the gloves come off" (Palin stump line). Can you say 'dominatrix' kiddies! :P
I say "Dominatrix", but I don't know if 15yo counts as a kiddie.

Eh, I prefer my dominatrixes with boots over heels, undecided about the gloves, but boots are a must (although dominas can be hot without any special outfit). I also don't really care for heels, much rather prefer flat soled sandals and flip flops, shows off the toes better. Not only is she bad at winning my moral values, she is bad at winning my sexual tastes too. Double fail!

At least she has Rich Lowry :P
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Dakatsu »

Oops, quoted myself instead of edited myself :P
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

A 15yo talking about \"sexual taste\" is a lot like Barack Obama talking about foreign policy. Dominatrix = Psycho ★■◆●, Dakatsu. Not hot.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Dakatsu »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:A 15yo talking about "sexual taste" is a lot like Barack Obama talking about foreign policy. Dominatrix = Psycho *****, Dakatsu. Not hot.
Just because I'm 15 (and a virgin) doesn't mean I haven't figured out what I would like. I also like psycho bitches, especially with whips and forms of restraint, very hot to me :P

It was probably in bad taste to talk about Palin in that way in the first place (well, it wasn't about her, but you get the point).
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

woodchip wrote:
Jesus Freak wrote:
TechPro wrote:
Spidey wrote:Palin is hated for one reason, she is a threat to Obamas election.

Nuff Said.
Ditto that. Choosing her was a gutsy choice and a huge curve ball that the Obama camp hadn't planned for. Made them scramble.
Really? The polls disagree. I will agree it was a purely political decision, though.
Polls may change now that Palin is on the attack. See what happens in a couple of days.
(CBS) In a sign that the race for president has returned to about where it was before the first presidential debate, the Obama-Biden ticket leads the McCain-Palin ticket 47 percent to 43 percent among registered voters in a new CBS News poll.

The Obama-Biden ticket led by a wider margin, nine percentage points, in a CBS News poll released last Wednesday, before Joe Biden and Sarah Palin faced off in the vice presidential debate. Obama-Biden led by five percentage points on Sept. 25.