When Islam Acts Like a Conquering Army

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Nobody's disagreeing with that, all I've been saying the whole time is that the fundamentals of Islam DO teach violence and contempt for unbelievers and for them to mature you would actually have to REMOVE parts of the Koran. Which I seriously doubt is gonna happen.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Okay.

You're saying that since it's in the Qu'ran, that's why it's being taught. But look at all the horrible violence and commandments in the Bible that remain, were never removed, and yet are no longer taught in most places in the world. The same is true of Islam. I bet if you attended religious services at the mosque nearest your house you wouldn't hear a single word about killing infidels or gaining 72 virgins in the afterlife.

Why? Because, just like Christians, Muslims are growing out of that crap. It's only in areas of the world where there exists a perceived threat to a way of life (occupied and threatened areas in the Middle East, and similar places undergoing economic hardship) that fundamentalism takes root; while this does sometimes happen even in the United States (see: many Baptist congregations), it's much rarer.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Re:

Post by Heretic »

null0010 wrote:But Leviticus is just as important as the 10 commandments. If it weren't, it would not be included in the Bible. It was dictated by God to Moses at Mount Sinai, just like the 10 commandments.
All of the ten commandments were mention in the New Testament. Again Leviticus and the old law was for the Nation of Israel not the Christians. Leviticus it is believed that it was written by several authors long after Moses. It was written during or after the Babylonian Exile of the sixth century. This widely accepted by modern scholars and some Jews and Christians
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

null0010 wrote:(see: many Baptist congregations)
Please name me 1 Baptist Congregation that has blown anyone up.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

CUDA wrote:
null0010 wrote:(see: many Baptist congregations)
Please name me 1 Baptist Congregation that has blown anyone up.
Just because someone's fundamentalist doesn't mean they're automatically a terrorist. Furthermore, the rule of law in the United States us much stronger than in many Middle Eastern countries, leading to (of course) less violence. I imagine there would be more violence if people thought they could get away with it. We already have some Christians committing violent acts because of their beliefs in this country even with a strong rule of law. Though...

Here's an example of Baptist terrorism, since you asked so nicely.

Here's a wiki page with some more general information on Christian terrorism.

And there's always the Westboro Baptists, though they are at least not committing any direct violence.
Mjolnir
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mjolnir »

Let us also not forget about the Christian militia that was planning to ambush cops with IEDs here on our own home front.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Fundamentalism in and of it self means nothing. If a christian becomes a terrorist, he actually becomes the polar opposite of a fundamentalist, because he has deviated from the fundamentals of Christianity.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

flip wrote:Fundamentalism in and of it self means nothing. If a christian becomes a terrorist, he actually becomes the polar opposite of a fundamentalist, because he has deviated from the fundamentals of Christianity.
Sounds like you're saying he's no true Christian.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Yes exactly. If someone says their Christian they must adhere to the fundamentals of that religion. Same goes for all other religions.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

flip wrote:Yes exactly. If someone says their Christian they must adhere to the fundamentals of that religion. Same goes for all other religions.
So would it be safe to say that you are a fundamentalist?
Mjolnir
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mjolnir »

Wouldn't the fundamentals be in the Old Testament? As Jesus said himself he did not come to change/challenge the law but uphold it?
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I've already posted what the bible has to say about that,since it is the bible we are talking about opinions don't matter, just the text.
Paul says in Galatians, which I posted just one page back, that the law of ordinances (not to be confused with immorality) and animal sacrifice was a temporary way to forgive sin until this promise from the very beginning was fulfilled:

Genesis 3:15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
The law of circumcision was put in place so that man could be forgiven. But that law could not bring us to full redemption because we are all imperfect. As long as you could live perfectly you were alright but no one could. SO, It was a placeholder until Jesus came and died. It had already been determined that we are all sinners and imperfect, so now just by having faith in him can you be forgiven. You no longer have to follow those strict rituals. And over and beyond that, now that someone perfect has died in all of our places, he sent the Holy Spirit so that not only can we be forgiven, but now we can also take on his nature. It seems like you 2 are confusing murder and stealing with circumcision and ritual.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Funds are collected in the form of donations in various church establishments in the name of evangelical work. Some of this money is spent in true philanthropic work of spreading education and healthcare. However, it has been suspected for a long time that a part of this fund gets diverted for buying arms for the Baptist terrorists of the North-East.
T.N. Seshan, gave voice to this suspicion in a television panel discussion on Doordarshan as early as in 1993
It is suspected that the funds come from Islamic sources such as the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) of Pakistan, the Gulf states etc. and Christian sources such as the Baptist Church in southern USA and the Presbyterian Church of the UK.
WOW with such concrete evidence such as this I dont know how I can refute it. :roll:
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Here's some additional information for you, CUDA.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Heretic »

Nice to see you go out of the way to attack Christians and totally defend the Islamist. :lol:
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

null0010 wrote:Here's some additional information for you, CUDA.
Constitution of The National Liberation Front Of Tripura
this is proof of Baptist terrorism how??? I admittedly skimmed the whole article and never found ANY mention of Baptists OR Christians
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

I really shouldn't have to do this searching for you.

http://www.hvk.org/articles/0703/107.html
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

null0010 wrote:I really shouldn't have to do this searching for you.

http://www.hvk.org/articles/0703/107.html
Your accusations. your burden of proof :)

I'm at work and that site is blocked so i'll look at it later.

― Theodore Roosevelt
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

null0010 wrote:
CUDA wrote:Image
Mjolnir
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mjolnir »

Is that supposed to represent a stalemate?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

For me, at the moment, it represents \"broken links\".
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Sometimes I wonder why Cracked bills itself as a comedy site when it his articles like this.
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Necropost?
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Avder »

ThunderBunny wrote:Necropost?
For once, CopyBunny, we agree.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Spidey »

null0010 wrote:Sometimes I wonder why Cracked bills itself as a comedy site when it his articles like this.
I already knew all of that….whoopdeeedooo.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

ThunderBunny wrote:Necropost?
I thought it would be stupid to start a new thread.
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Heretic »