Iran is going to be hit hard...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

Foil, does a lame-duck president with no political future left have anything to lose? No...it's clear that Iraq is going to be left in shambles to whoever wins in 2008.

Attacking Iran will be a good thing, I just hope that each person on this board that is all for it is at the front of the draft line. Woodchip, you'll be over there won't you? TB, you too right? Bet, they will need plenty of support, are you planning on going? Oh you're not? Then shut the hell up, how do you people enjoy being so cavalier with other people's lives? Because you can sit on your ice cold tea and watch the war on CNN and not worry about a thing. How the hell can another country be attacked when half the money going to the 'troops' is going to private security forces? That's right...the money that Rep Boehner cried over doesn't even go fully to the troops...it goes to Blackwater, KBR, and everywhere else but the front line.

And since when do we listen to politican's words anyways? Remember when Bush said that Bin Laden would be found at any cost? Yeah..that lasted about a year...then he came out and said he could care less about the guy who actually killed 3000+ of our fellow countrymen. As for you people, go f.uck yourselves...you might enjoy that more than another made for tv war.
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Skyalmian »

Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Zuruck, Please don't bring the language you use on the other board to this one. I wanted to reply to your post but I'm afraid it will invite more of it.

Bee
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Skyalmian wrote:
Bet51987 wrote:I need more proof than an antiwar web site. According to Al-Jazeera...he said just that, quoting the ayatollah.
Well, I found more saying the same thing Anti-War.com did (the dates on these are much earlier, too). Lookie here, here, here, here. :twisted: Mwahaha.
Not even remotely close. :twisted:

Check out these from the evil one himself...

Bee
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Re:

Post by Grendel »

Testiculese wrote:
I wouldn't mind some cruisemissiles [from every country in the world, not just the US] headed toward any place that is making WMD's however.
I think that would be a more fair statement.
And that was the last thing anyone ever heard from earth again.. :roll:
ImageImage
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Sorry, every nutjob stupid-religious country that openly advocates destruction of those who don't act like them.

In my overly terse way, I was trying to propose that every country in the world should be on this guy's ass, not just 'the west'. It's not our job to be the only 'policeman'.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

Agreed Testi.

I love watching people post fuzzy little comments about how we were really cruel to the naughty enemy during world war two--or any other war for that matter.

If someone has a big stick and he's waving it at you, then you jolly well better go and take it off him, 'cause he's eventually going to hit you with it. And if he's hiding something behind his back, which turns out to be nothing...hit him anyway.
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by TechPro »

Flabby Chick wrote:If someone has a big stick and he's waving it at you, then you jolly well better go and take it off him, 'cause he's eventually going to hit you with it. And if he's hiding something behind his back, which turns out to be nothing...hit him anyway.
That's the kind of thing I was trying describe as how so many governments (including my government) seem to think. ... and a lot of countries see America as one running around with really big sticks hitting anyone who even swings a trig. ... so to speak.

Mind you, that's not how I think, it's just how a lot of countries seem to behave.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re:

Post by Ferno »

Bet51987 wrote:

Bee
There's been allegations of mistranslations of what he has said.

you can google that for yourself.

Bee, you really should watch this.

Testiculese wrote:Sorry, every nutjob stupid-religious country that openly advocates destruction of those who don't act like them.
Just like Cheney advocating war with Iran.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

For me to even listen to your argument, Bet, you have to do away with this concept of \"evil.\" It is pleasant and pacifying to live in an imaginary comic book world with the \"good guys\" on one side and the vile \"evildoers\" on the other. Unfortunately, the world is a lot more complicated than that. To use such a term demonstrates an incapacity to appreciate the subtleties and nuances of the conflict we are in.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ummm, Zuruck, I already served my time in the late 60's. How about you?
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Kyo, she's right tho'. That leader, and all of his followers, the rest in Iraq, etc. are evil. They kill (or want to kill) for the sake of killing. They are the most brutal torturers after the Chinese/Japanese.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Ferno wrote:
Bet51987 wrote:

Bee
There's been allegations of mistranslations of what he has said.

you can google that for yourself.

Bee, you really should watch this.
I watched the video and saw an actor telling the audience not to rely on what you see and hear on TV because its all an illusion put there by the media. (I saw the movie "Network" too)

I saw the video of Brian Williams asking Muhammad Ahmadinejad about his holocaust remark and watched him skirt the issue.

I saw Ahmadinejad chanting "Death to Israel" over and over and over but I don't hear Israel returning that kind of hate.

So again, which part should I not believe and why should I not be afraid of them having nuclear weapons.

Bee
Ferno

Re:

Post by Ferno »

Bet51987 wrote: So again, which part should I not believe and why should I not be afraid of them having nuclear weapons.

Bee
um, the entire thing?

cmon, are you really going to take the words of some translator (that we don't know is actually translating properly and I suspect is filling people's heads with crap) as gospel?

It's like going into a stranger's house because he offered you candy.
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Ferno wrote:cmon, are you really going to take the words of some translator (that we don't know is actually translating properly and I suspect is filling people's heads with crap) as gospel?
But someone who NEVER believes what the read is wrong almost as often as someone who always believes what they read. :)