How islamophobia really affects people.

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by roid »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:
TheCope wrote:To be real about it... posting on the DBB.net isn't really doing anything about anything.
I absolutely agree with TheCope, we should do something. Which is why I propose that we Descenters band together, go over there and nab Osama Bin Ladin, then divide the $50,000,000 dollar reward up amongst ourselves! We'll demand it in Gold.

We'll also demand $1,000,000 dollars a head for any of his cronies.

Who's with me? Foil, you're the most level-headed, you take point. Maybe they'll listen to reason and we won't have to waste our (Barry's) ammo (at best we can convince them that they can't really understand the Koran for themselves). Ferno, you'll be in charge of the white flag, just in case. If we get caught in a stand-off, Lothar or Drakona (or both--God help the opposing side) can wear them down with some 5-page equivalent verbal treatises. Will can wield the chain-gun or demolitions, his choice. Finally, in case of negotiations, Roid can represent humanity. ;)
Soooo.... does that mean i'm representing US, or THEM?

I wasn't paying attention to the dehumanizing propaganda dammit :lol:, someone give me a TV tuned to FOX, STAT!
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Funny, I just read the in Ottawa Citizen this morning that Bin Laden is alive and well and that his rumors of his sickness was wrong.

edit: http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/sto ... 485d99aceb
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

so, if he's alive merlin.. why haven't they caught him yet? you haven't answered that yet.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

'cause Americans are heading the search?
'cause Americans don't want to catch him?

You act as if he's the enemy of the state. WE are.
Ferno

Re:

Post by Ferno »

Testiculese wrote:You act as if he's the enemy of the state. WE are.
au contraire'. If one examines the events in a chronological order, they will see that first there's a healthy OBL, a sick OBL, an OBL that doesn't even look like OBL, and then finally audio tapes. The latter half happening every time the administration is in hot water.

From what i've seen, when OBL was still alive he always made a video appearance at random times. Now an audio tape surfaces about a few days to a week after the US administration says something like: "OBL to make new threat soon".

Coincidence? yea, right. the dude is worm food.

Don't worry testi, I can see who the enemy of the state actually is. they're basically wasting our time by claiming a new threat every so often.

oh and merlin? I still want an answer to my question. I want to see what your reason is.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I’m missing something here,

Vast right wing conspiracy to hide the fact that Osama Bomb Laden is dead, and we all know FOX is part of said conspiracy, right?

So why did FOX print that story?
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re:

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Ferno wrote:so, if he's alive merlin.. why haven't they caught him yet? you haven't answered that yet.
Because the US can't find him. He's probably in Pakistan where the US don't want to wage war on since they have nuclear capabilities. And I'm sure they wouldn't give 2 craps about using them.

I also read in the same paper this morning that 2 planes leaving London bound for Montreal and Toronto (Air Canada) were targeted for terrorists attacks in 2006.

In the end, it really doesn't matter if he is dead or alive. His followers will do his bidding because they believe he is right and we are wrong. Until we either kill every single last one of them or make them see the light of day, we will have terrorism from the Bin Laden group.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Spidey wrote:I’m missing something here,

Vast right wing conspiracy to hide the fact that Osama Bomb Laden is dead, and we all know FOX is part of said conspiracy, right?

So why did FOX print that story?
SHHHHHH its another consipracy. just like the World trade center, the Government was actually behind that, they had explosives hidden in the building to bring it down, we all know there is no way a plane could do it. :roll:
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheCope »

Do you know any Muslims? Any of you on this DBB?

They are human beings. They don't care about the Super Bowl, they generally prefer real Football.

Have you ever had a handshake with a Somali? Do you work around these humans? Do you ever look at yourselves?

Life isn't: 1) they are trying to take my guns 2) bible quotes 3) ignoring genocide and slavery in your great nation that was settled by terrorists.

Have you ever hung out with anyone that didn't play descent? Do you know people that don't agree with you? Bring it. Lets see the photos of you with your 1 black friend, your 1 Muslim friend.

You are just a bunch of clownbags. <--- family friendly

You can have my John Mellonspank free CD I got for going to a baseball game. Do you know that the world moves on without you?

\"This is our country\" - blubbering rhetoric.
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

TheCope wrote:Do you know any Muslims? Any of you on this DBB?
Yep. I also know quite a few Hindu's, one of whom got beaten up after 9/11 because some jerk thought he looked Arabic.
TheCope wrote:Have you ever had a handshake with a Somali?
Nope. We don't get a lot of green card programmers from Somalia for some reason.
TheCope wrote:Life isn't: 1) they are trying to take my guns
It's certainly not the CENTER of my life, but it IS an important issue. I don't own a gun. But they'll take my crossbow when they pry it from my cold dead fingers!!! :lol:

But what is your point other than to point out that rednecks are often gunphiles and islamophobes? I've spoken to tree hugging gun hating liberals who wanted us to nuke the entire middle east. And I'm certain there are card carrying NRA members who oppose the mistreatment of Muslims.
TheCope wrote:2) bible quotes
But they can be an important part of your life.
TheCope wrote:3) ignoring genocide and slavery in your great nation that was settled by terrorists.
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. I THINK I'm with you here.
TheCope wrote:Have you ever hung out with anyone that didn't play descent?
I have to come HERE to meet descent players since most of my "real life" friends don't even know what descent is. I would assume that it is the same for most folks here.
TheCope wrote:Do you know people that don't agree with you?
Uhm, that would be everyone I know. :)
TheCope wrote:Bring it. Lets see the photos of you with your 1 black friend, your 1 Muslim friend.
What would that prove? I don't even know the nationality (let alone color) of most people on this board. Should it matter? I CERTAINLY wouldn't try to guess the ethnicity and religion of their friends. Not even by their politics. I've known Caucasian people who spewed racist garbage all day long, and yet had good friends from the very ethnicities they so often disparaged. Some kind of strange disconnect there.
TheCope wrote:You are just a bunch of clownbags.

That's not a bad description. But it does seem odd that you would try to lump us all into one pigeon hole when we are a rather diverse group. When we have a political discussion, there are opinions expressed from all over the political spectrum. And in the religious debates we seem to be short of religious folks other than Christians, but we have a very wide variety of Christians, as well as a good selection of Agnostics and Atheists.

We all seem to have in common that we like descent, and that we enjoy talking to, debating, and learning from each other. I don't see that as a bad thing.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

TheCope wrote:Do you know any Muslims? Any of you on this DBB?
Yeah I had one that when he worked for me I gave him a nice baked ham for Thanksgiving.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

And nice reply Kilarin. Well put.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re:

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Do you know any Muslims? Any of you on this DBB?
My wife's best friend is a Pakistani Muslim.
They are human beings. They don't care about the Super Bowl, they generally prefer real Football.
She loves Hockey
Have you ever had a handshake with a Somali? Do you work around these humans? Do you ever look at yourselves?
I used to work with one daily and he worked hard. Very well like dindividual

Life isn't: 1) they are trying to take my guns 2) bible quotes 3) ignoring genocide and slavery in your great nation that was settled by terrorists.
Have you ever hung out with anyone that didn't play descent? Do you know people that don't agree with you? Bring it. Lets see the photos of you with your 1 black friend, your 1 Muslim friend.
My HS had more mixed people than any other I knew of. So yes I've had friends of many ethnic origins.

My friends other than thos on Kali or DBB don't have any clue what Descent is.
Ferno

Re:

Post by Ferno »

CDN_Merlin wrote:Because the US can't find him. He's probably in Pakistan where the US don't want to wage war on since they have nuclear capabilities. And I'm sure they wouldn't give 2 craps about using them.

I also read in the same paper this morning that 2 planes leaving London bound for Montreal and Toronto (Air Canada) were targeted for terrorists attacks in 2006.

In the end, it really doesn't matter if he is dead or alive. His followers will do his bidding because they believe he is right and we are wrong. Until we either kill every single last one of them or make them see the light of day, we will have terrorism from the Bin Laden group.
LOL. After reading this, I'd say that you're the one who fell for a whopper man. :)
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Uh Oh…somebody hit a nerve. :P
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

Is bin Laden dead??
I think Ferno could be right, but reliable info is hard to come by.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osama_bin_ ... _his_death

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Videos_of_Osama_bin_Laden

a lot of (purported) recent audio here. So has there been any forensics that can validate whether the speaker is likely to be OBL or not?

If he were alive, why not put out a bona fide, easy-to-authenticate video? Then again, if you were this wanted, might it not be to your advantage to keep them guessing?

3 April 2008
a recent news report

23 June 2002
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 12,00.html

Is (or was) bin Laden in Waziristan??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3532841.stm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waziristan

from newsday

If he were still alive, doesn’t look to be a cakewalk for even the Pakistanis, let alone any westerners, to just walk in there and find him.