Mormon yes Wright no

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re: Mormon yes Wright no

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote:If you recall, her issues were around all healthcare access for poor women.
IF I remember correctly while she did address women's health concerns a goodly portion of her opening statement had to do with contraception. maybe her choice in wording was poor and she meant to say hormone replacement, but being she is a Law student I would tend to believe that contraceptives is EXACTLY what she intended to say and mean, because she also said birth control. and I am familiar with PCOS as my daughter has it. she is 24 and does not take contraceptives as a treatment, and she never had that topic of treatment brought up by her Dr. :roll:

And any wagers that her speech turns into an abortion rights speech :mrgreen:
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote: On the other hand, I am pointing out that abortion rights are but a very, very small part of women's concerns and it is those collective concerns that Fluke will be addressing. If you recall, her issues were around all healthcare access for poor women.
So Fluke will be also talking about economics and how millions of single mothers are now having a hard time supporting their families due to the piss poor leadership of Obama?
CobGobbler
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by CobGobbler »

woodchip wrote:
callmeslick wrote: On the other hand, I am pointing out that abortion rights are but a very, very small part of women's concerns and it is those collective concerns that Fluke will be addressing. If you recall, her issues were around all healthcare access for poor women.
So Fluke will be also talking about economics and how millions of single mothers are now having a hard time supporting their families due to the piss poor leadership of Obama?
No she's going to talk about how the GOP fought the strengthening of the 1963 Equal Pay Act with this year's legislation.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:

as if it suddenly became difficult? What a foolish comment.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:And any wagers that her speech turns into an abortion rights speech :mrgreen:

abortion is NOT contraception. A fact some seem to miss altogether. And, yes, I'll take the wager that abortion will NOT be the
bulk of her message.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:
woodchip wrote:

as if it suddenly became difficult? What a foolish comment.
No, but it certainly did not become easier under Obama's watch. Please try to sign up for a reading comprehension class this fall.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote:
CUDA wrote:And any wagers that her speech turns into an abortion rights speech :mrgreen:

abortion is NOT contraception. A fact some seem to miss altogether. And, yes, I'll take the wager that abortion will NOT be the
bulk of her message.
not wanting to address my other comments?
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:

bulk of her message.
Perhaps not abortion but reproductive rights will be.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:No, but it certainly did not become easier under Obama's watch. Please try to sign up for a reading comprehension class this fall.

um, but it DID actually become marginally easier, or a bit less difficult, however one wishes to view it. Programs such as educational support for single mothers, job programs targetting single mothers and available funds for daycare program subsidies have made it so, all initiatives of the Obama administration. Perhaps, rather than tossing about moronic aspersions about my reading, you might take your ideological blinders off and follow current events more closely.
That single mothers, or poor youth in general, have a difficult row to hoe is patently obvious. It's been that way for years. That an economic crash brought about by foolish deregulation and lack of governmental oversight made life harder for poor people is dead obvious. To blame Obama for anything other than honestly trying to address such problems, despite a GOP contingent in Congress that votes no on virtually anything he suggests(a plan stated publicly by Mitch McConnell), and a Senate minority who has prevented nearly 60% of his appointees from entering the administration, for purely partisan gain, doesn't reflect negatively on Obama. Perhaps, if you didn't have blinders on your eyes and your head up your ***, you might be able to see that, or at least find a nuanced view of reality.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Perhaps not abortion but reproductive rights will be.
wasn't what he wagered, now was it?
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:not wanting to address my other comments?
the only part I didn't address it the hormone replacement/PCOS thing, and basing your argument on one person's course of treatment doesn't really warrent much by way of addressing.
George Orwell---"1984"