I love Canada even more now

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: I love Canada even more now

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote: Even less than nothing when Woody tosses in LEAVING A NATION WE INVADED, in the process. It's utterly transparent Obama-hate, pulling hair-brained comparisons out the ass. As usual.
Except what I cited was how ISIS will be coming across the Mexican boarder and our law enforcement agencies are on high alert:
Agents across a number of Homeland Security, Justice and Defense agencies have all been placed on alert and instructed to aggressively work all possible leads and sources concerning this imminent terrorist threat.
So how in the world is my pointing this out showing hate for Obama? Perhaps you should stop being so defensive for your bad choice in presidents.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:
callmeslick wrote:
Jeff250 wrote:To be fair, I believe that Hitler is an appropriate reference given the topic at hand.
except for the fact that there is ZERO credible correlation between Chamberlain/Hitler, and Obama belittling ISIS as the B team. None.....
Except for the now documented fact that both men were naively wrong about the threat and it's potential to spread dangerously across a continent.
I repeat, we left a region WE INVADED. Not quite any equation there, at all.
That is such a lame attempt at an argument that it can't even be classified as a weak one. It is null...non sequitur ...ridiculous.

'How' the US got into the region has no bearing at all on judging Obama's policy decisions...on the use of the troops in light of the threat he was faced with once he took over!
In fact, if anything, I might be being a little unfair to Chamberlain in the comparison!

Obama, in his judgement, not Bush's, declared ISIS a junior varsity team..he, not Bush, decided to rapidly pull the troops out of the region.
The results were predictably negative and counter to his predictions.

His naivete is quite appropriately compared to Chamberlain's and your attempts to play a word game to deflect that for him is laughable. Why not suggest they wore different sweaters in the winter months therefore the comparison is unjust? That makes about as much sense as the one you propped up.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Will Robinson wrote:..he, not Bush, decided to rapidly pull the troops out of the region, following the will of the vast majority of American citizens.
Fixed it for you.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Once again I am amazed at the stupidity of American diplomacy. The United States is trying to apply economic sanctions against Russia, as against some sort of Belgium. Now Canada has stated that they "will defend the Arctic in arms in their hands." Morons with persistence imbeciles continue to throw the yeast in the village toilet (may be it not good comparison, but the meaning is clear :) ). You have to be totally blind not to see that after the American warships began to visit the Black Sea, now as soon as possible, a new Russian Black Sea fleet, which is already enhanced with two new submarines? Canada only hinted about the possibility of an armed aggression against Russia in the Arctic, and was immediately formed a new kind of Russian armed forces - "Russian Arctic armed forces" who have been continuing to grow and have already held several military exercises in the Arctic zone. The only thing I'm afraid that the American submarine or a spy plane, which "accidentally" have crept into the territory of Russia, did not become a victim of some sort of error Russian military. Despite the fact that Russian military qualified enough to avoid such mistakes, and yet the possibility of such an accident is kept the more, the more American troops are trying to play with the Russian troops. Then begins an irreversible process, when the United States crosses the point of no return.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

A good leader is someone who has the wisdom and courage to walk against the direction the political wind blows.

Whatever degree of the population was in favor of leaving Iraq they certainly aren't all in favor of the result of his decision, nor was this terrible result offered as the alternative to keeping forces there.

You may not be smart enough to think of that but your limitations are your problem.
Z..
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Z.. »

December 14th, 2008. That's the date you dolts, yes Will, even you seem to be included in that since you are so "brilliant" yet forget the little details like facts. For much of the war, the US did not operate with an agreement giving immunity to the soldiers, but Iraq wouldn't give that guarantee again, so Bush signed a legally binding document for us to leave. Obama upheld it. I'm sure that if Obama has left the full contingent of American troops in Iraq and not pulled them out, you guys would totally be on board with his foreign policy. I'm sure you would not have found anything to complain about right?

ISIS hasn't spread across a continent, they control an area the size of Maine. Stop making them out to be more than they are. Serious threat? For sure, but they're not a regiment of Supermans and James Bonds.

We can't keep having these same debates if you guys are going to act like retards. I don't know how grown men, who seem to have soooo much information, continue to gloss over these things. They aren't small details.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:
callmeslick wrote: Even less than nothing when Woody tosses in LEAVING A NATION WE INVADED, in the process. It's utterly transparent Obama-hate, pulling hair-brained comparisons out the ass. As usual.
Except what I cited was how ISIS will be coming across the Mexican boarder and our law enforcement agencies are on high alert
Hooray! Now we have probable cause to invade Mexico, and probably Canada. :P

You know sigma, I don't know why America even cares about what Russia's doing. We've already got a bunch of ISIS fundamentalist nutcases that want OUR heads at all costs and that should keep us plenty busy for years to come since killing them is like swatting hornets. The more you kill, more come out to sting. We can't afford 2 fronts of military aggression anyway. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Z, you are relying on Obama-spin.
The Iraqi's were willing to give immunity to our troops in negotiations with Obama but he blew the deal up by refusing to give them the numbers of troops that would stay in country.
Obama didn't want a status of forces agreement or he would have had one.

You guys don't get to have it both ways...saying he took them out on purpose because he was allegedly doing what Americans wanted....and that he had no choice but remove them because of some previous administrations deal. Lol!
Z..
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Z.. »

Yeah, it's true. Reality does have a liberal bias, so understanding the true facts would equate to Obama spin. I don't care that his following his predecessor's agreement and the will of the American people (at the same time) bothers some ★■◆●ing twat like yourself. None of this ★■◆●ing matters. Had he left troops in and negotiated another SOFA, you'd be saying the exact opposite right now. So ★■◆● off man. Go blow foil or something.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

What a pleasant person Z. No wonder you were banned before.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Will Robinson wrote:A good leader is someone who has the wisdom and courage to walk against the direction the political wind blows.
Yeah, and as soon as the president does some like implement much needed changes to health care or even something as small as bringing a POW home from Afghanistan you guys completely loose your ★■◆●. ★■◆●ing hypocrites. Everything you morons say proves Z.. right.
woodchip wrote:What a pleasant person Z. No wonder you were banned before.
Yeah all those facts are pretty unpleasant to your sheltered worldview. He should probably be banned.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

If you guys keep this up, I might actually just lock this entire subforum for a week.