Trump wins

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Trump wins

Post by Spidey »

tunnelcat wrote:Well, Trump did say he would come to Iowa and buy a farm in his concession speach. Hopefully, he already bought the farm! :P
Yea, he'll buy a farm....

...and build condos. :lol:
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Or a really nice golf course :D
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Golf courses are on the way out.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:Golf courses are on the way out.
something that should bring the Donald back down to visit us in Delaware(Business Chancery Court) in a year or two.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

So what bankruptcy would that be for the "successful businessman"? 5? 6?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Top Gun wrote:So what bankruptcy would that be for the "successful businessman"? 5? 6?
well, he's been in court here in Delaware at least twice that I know of.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Business bankruptcies are not a gauge of personal success or failure, in fact multiple bankruptcies can mean that you have tenacity...or are working the system. :wink:

Businesses fail, that is a fact of life, in fact most new businesses fail within the first seven years.

No, I’m not defending Trump per se. You are just using the wrong metric for personal success.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:Business bankruptcies are not a gauge of personal success or failure, in fact multiple bankruptcies can mean that you have tenacity...or are working the system. :wink:
oh, I think the latter is clearly the case. He's never playing with much of his own money any more, learning from that initial bankruptcy in NY.

also, I'm not using it as a metric for personal success, so much as business judgement and the fact he plays VERY fast and loose with other people's money, which is exactly the charge many folks make about the political class.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

How Trump will handle his Dem. opponents:

http://nypost.com/2016/02/01/dont-mess- ... -elephant/
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

I don't think he's going to make it to the 'Dem opponents' stage of the process by current trajectory. Last nights vulgar tirade won't help that trajectory, either.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Slick, they been saying that since last Junes immigration statements

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

yeah, Woody, but stuff gets far more real when the votes start to be cast. Witness Iowa. Mr. Trump better be prepared for little hardball, and put his big boy pants on now, or risk a true public humiliation.
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

The only reason Trump lost Iowa was because of those Evangelical voters that went for Cruz. I think Cruz only appeals to Evangelicals and their numbers are not enough to win the nomination. Besides, I think Trump may be secretly happy he lost Iowa and beat the Iowa jinx. :wink:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/0 ... 82148.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Well Trump wins big in NH. Will be interesting to see how he does in SC where there is a more diverse population. Surprisingly Kasich is now rising in the polls. To bad the Dems forced Webb out of the race or maybe he would of started to see some traction. Hillary is finished.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Kasich is the last hope for sanity from the GOP. He's toast, therefore. As for Hillary, she sent out a memo last night that was absolutely bizarre. If one reads it a certain way, she almost seems to be writing off South Carolina and Nevada, or at least WAY downplaying expectations there and promising the bit push in March. Your assessment might just be right, Woody, but far too early to bury her.

amusing sidelight, I note with some little amusement that suddenly, Ted Nugent has decided that Jewish Americans are behind gun control.

well, off to buy groceries for the family and start to pack. Heading south until early next week, not likely to be online past today for a few days.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Try doing some Bone fishing if you get far enough south.

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Have any of you ever seen a politician get so utterly eviscerated as Rubio did on Saturday? I think I saw the soul drift from his body before my own eyes.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Try doing some Bone fishing if you get far enough south.
nah, too cold in VA and South Carolina, where I'm heading.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Vander wrote:Have any of you ever seen a politician get so utterly eviscerated as Rubio did on Saturday? I think I saw the soul drift from his body before my own eyes.
his age showed, his lack of intellect showed, nothing much more.
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

callmeslick wrote:Kasich is the last hope for sanity from the GOP. He's toast, therefore. As for Hillary, she sent out a memo last night that was absolutely bizarre. If one reads it a certain way, she almost seems to be writing off South Carolina and Nevada, or at least WAY downplaying expectations there and promising the bit push in March. Your assessment might just be right, Woody, but far too early to bury her.......
Really? Kasich is now sounding more dangerous than Trump. And what he proposes is on top of his wanting to cut corporate taxes to the bone. Since the Republican machine doesn't much like Kasich, hopefully he WILL be toast. :roll:

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/127755/ ... egulations
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.