Trump's long list of failures...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Trump's long list of failures...

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:At least Trump’s investors have a choice, where is my choice when the government plays “fast and loose” with my money.

Want some examples…

The Challenger launch, that was definitely a bad decision on the part of NASA and killed people to boot.
really? You're going to WHINE ABOUT A FAILED ROCKET LAUNCH? What would you have us do, scrap the program? Mistakes get made. People screw up. Get over it, it happens EASILY as often in private industry. The key point is your first line which once again confused the very different fundamentals between governance and other economic situations.
Want another…
after the first one, I'm not really sure.
The ACA is paying for health care thru private insurance, way more expensive than paying for it directly…what do I have to say about it…and to add insult to injury, if you don’t take their blood money…you can get penalties.
if it paid directly, you'd have Medicare for all. One candidate is suggesting exactly that....and it sure isn't Trump.
And I have NEVER conflated the Federal budget to a home or business budget, only the fundamental things all of them have in common.
if you think so, you're rather confused, sad to say.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

No! I’m not whining about the failed launch, my point is that it was an avoidable error, and that is a proven fact. But go ahead and twist, that seems to be the only way you can deal with things.

And of course things happen just as easily in private industry, I’m pretty sure that was part of the points being made here.

And if you don’t think all budgets have some fundamental things in common, you are the confused one.

And JFTR…the Shuttle program has been scrapped.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:No! I’m not whining about the failed launch, my point is that it .was an avoidable error, and that is a proven fact.
so was Orbital's blast off the pad down at Wallops Island last year, but ★■◆● happens. THAT is a proven fact. Has ZERO to do with any negatives around government. It's tragic, and very human errors involved.

no, there is very little commonality between government budgeting priorities and operation and personal finances, or to corporate finances. The goal of government is not profit, the credit is not extended at commercial rates, nothing is the same at all.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

There you go again, I never said anything about priorities and profits, let me say it again.

ALL BUDGETS SHARE SOME FUNDAMENTAL LAWS.

The most obvious is…if a budget takes in less than is owed you have a deficit as a result.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

callmeslick wrote: One cannot have a high failure rate, for instance, with saber rattling, or someone's kids get killed in a stupid war.

yes, that was the point that I was building up to -- the decision-making process.