Proud New Dad...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

Well, after hours of hard work and toil, I'm finished. Now the finished product is a piece of art...well...sort of. It looks and plays much better than before...so here we go:

Sorry for the glare off of the pickups, but those are gold and crappy.

After so much damn sanding, that fricken paint on the headstock was on there so well, I sanded it by hand too, that took a lot of cigarettes and weed.

After sanding, I cut tape to make my design. This was kind of fun.

It doesn't look like much. But I primed the wood, then applied a coat of white high gloss paint, then taped up the design to what I wanted, then applied a high gloss black paint.

Here I just put on the first coat of oil. In case anyone is wondering, boiled linseed oil works the best. Smoothest feel and no tackiness.

A finishing touch, strobe tuning the guitar and getting the action, saddles, intonation all set up. On a side note, I apologize for no pictures during the replacement of the pickups. I smoked a bunch a weed and forgot to take pictures while working. It was also 4 in the morning on Saturday night.

Ahh, the finished product. Oiled neck, new headstock, Seymour Duncan '59 in the bridge, Seth Lover in the neck. As for hearing me play, well, I don't have a computer at home so come to Chicago and watch a gig. :)
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

hey,
nice work. you were born in the wrong time.

:P
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

Missed a spot. :P