Which Car should we buy?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Car to buy this weekend?

Subaru Impreza WRX STi
24%
BMW 325xi
28%
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR
11%
Mazda RX-8
37%

Total votes: 46
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Beowulf, how about #4: People who think the Z-4 is drop-dead sexy and would do almost anything to get one. :)
BfDiDDy
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by BfDiDDy »

Wasn't all that impressed with the RX-8, 1.3 liter rotary engine with no mod capabilities. Nice car, but not for 30k. Checking out the Evo again tonight...
BfDiDDy
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by BfDiDDy »

BTW, the WRX sti does a 13.2 qm, and the Evo MR does a 13.4 qm. :)
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

the WRX is calling you Diddy. answer the call. :)
Sligar
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sligar »

Go with the EVO all the way. My dad just got one of these, what a monster car! I have a WRX (non-STI) and the handling blows the WRX away IMO. Sure, the EVO is not quite as fast as the STI out of the box, but the handling is superior to just about anything on the road, right up there with high buck 911s. Its easy to upgrade a car to more power, but not so easy to upgrade a car to have perfectly balanced, well sorted out handling. So, quick comparo to the other choices:

RX-8 - handling is very good, maybe as good as the EVO in the fun to drive dept. But power is nowhere near the EVO, and the EVO has really nice recaro seats, 4wd, super high tech traction control etc. You won't be able to hot rod this one to EVO power levels easily.

WRX STI - a great car, but the handling is not quite up to the level of the EVO. Has more power, but that is easily corrected.

BMW - ??? I dunno about this one. I bet the EVO is cheaper!

In addition to the above, you also have the fact that there is a 10 year warrantee on the thing! That's hard to beat, especially with a performance car like this one. The drivetrain and so forth are really solid; in england they have a version of the EVO that has 350hp from the factory, so the american version with 280 has a lot of upgrade headroom.
Scratch
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Scratch »

Sligar wrote:Go with the EVO all the way. My dad just got one of these, what a monster car! I have a WRX (non-STI) and the handling blows the WRX away IMO. Sure, the EVO is not quite as fast as the STI out of the box, but the handling is superior to just about anything on the road, right up there with high buck 911s. Its easy to upgrade a car to more power, but not so easy to upgrade a car to have perfectly balanced, well sorted out handling. So, quick comparo to the other choices:

RX-8 - handling is very good, maybe as good as the EVO in the fun to drive dept. But power is nowhere near the EVO, and the EVO has really nice recaro seats, 4wd, super high tech traction control etc. You won't be able to hot rod this one to EVO power levels easily.

WRX STI - a great car, but the handling is not quite up to the level of the EVO. Has more power, but that is easily corrected.

BMW - ??? I dunno about this one. I bet the EVO is cheaper!

In addition to the above, you also have the fact that there is a 10 year warrantee on the thing! That's hard to beat, especially with a performance car like this one. The drivetrain and so forth are really solid; in england they have a version of the EVO that has 350hp from the factory, so the american version with 280 has a lot of upgrade headroom.
Every see the FQ-400 evo?? 400 bhp out of a 2 liter...simply amazing.