Cracker Jacks

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

its has to be about color. you couldn't possibly disagree with his politics and policies. the mans a living god being compared to the likes of Washington and Lincoln on a daily basis :roll:
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Bee the social activist wrote:I don't know who "they" are but the hatred toward Obama is very real and it's not just about liberal vs conservative. It's about color which makes him a very protected president.

Bee
The idea that it's about color, to me seems absolutely ridiculous. I think there is some racism showing its ugly head, but I don't believe for a second that it is at the heart of any significant resistance to the current administration. That, to me, is absolutely absurd. I think people like you just can't understand how people would disagree with your political messiah, so when racism gets in there you load the blame on it. No, I don't think it's about color, even if that is a factor in some people's minds.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

The degree of racism behind anti-Obama policy protests is minuscule and nothing compared to the racism behind black voters voting as a block in favor of the democrats who demagogue the race issue.

No one uses race as a voter-motivator and political weapon more than the democrats and Obama....but that doesn't count does it? I guess that must be the good kind of racism :roll:
Stroodles
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Stroodles »

Bee, racism plays such a small part in the equation it isn't worth mentioning. People are against Obama more vehemently due to his policies, not his race. You need to learn to stop dismissing disagreement as 'rascism' and adress the real issue.
Amg! It's on every post and it WON'T GO AWAY!!
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re:

Post by Ferno »

Will Robinson wrote:Ferno I think you are swimming sideways in this because originally you seemed to be saying Bush=not worthy of Peace Prize... and then swerved into Bono's Contributions>Bush.

1-Bono lifts a microphone and says some politically charged things to spur people to help people.
he started four organizations to send aid to africa. I don't know about you but that probably takes just a little more effort than lifting a microphone.
2-Bush signs executive order and makes a few calls to spur some action to help people.

In both cases the logistics of their efforts are just doing what they do in a days work anyway. Which is heavier the Presidents pen or the Rock Stars microphone....OK...Bono wins by lifting .78 lbs more mass to deliver his words....but the chicks are hotter in his dressing room...so it's a tie for second place and the people of Africa are the big winners.
dude you're missing the point that effort should be considered as part of the prize.

look at the people who were awarded the prize before Bush. Nelson Mandela, held captive for 27 years and became a leader from inside prison walls. Kofi Annan, for the myriad of tasks he accomplished. And Martti Ahtisaari for working three decades to resolve international conflicts.

Oh one other thing? Bush did not win the peace prize. Now if anyone's interested, they can find out who did win by going to the nobel site.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Ferno wrote:...

Oh one other thing? Bush did not win the peace prize. Now if anyone's interested, they can find out who did win by going to the nobel site.
Uh...yea...I pointed that out to you over a week ago!
You're the one who who seems to be arguing that Bono was a more deserving recipient than Bush!?!? In a thread about Obama being a non-deserving recipient...

Personally I'm confident that I wouldn't award it to either Bono or Bush and certainly not Obama. If you need me to say Bono should be in first place over the other two I'll gladly say so but now that the committee has devalued the prize quicker than Obama could devalue the dollar who really cares about the prize now? CrackerJacks called and wants Woody and everyone else to know they feel they offer a better prize in every box.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by snoopy »

Bet51987 wrote:I don't know who "they" are but the hatred toward Obama is very real and it's not just about liberal vs conservative. It's about color which makes him a very protected president.

Bee
*jumping on the disagreement train*

I think it'd be safe to say that I have just about equal parts dislike for Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, and Obama.

Clearly, I dislike Bill because he's White, Hillary because she's a woman, and Obama because he's Black. Nevermind their similar political baby-killing stances.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

To be fair, there is no reason that you guys can't hate him for his race and his politics. One does not exclude the other. :P
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

this is true and I'm sure some people do. but to say that the ONLY reason the rest \"hate\" him is because he's black is a racist statement in and of itself
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Ferno

Re:

Post by Ferno »

Will Robinson wrote:Uh...yea...I pointed that out to you over a week ago!
that was directed to the other participants who thought otherwise. nothing to get wound up over.
You're the one who who seems to be arguing that Bono was a more deserving recipient than Bush!?!? In a thread about Obama being a non-deserving recipient...

Personally I'm confident that I wouldn't award it to either Bono or Bush and certainly not Obama. If you need me to say Bono should be in first place over the other two I'll gladly say so but now that the committee has devalued the prize quicker than Obama could devalue the dollar who really cares about the prize now? CrackerJacks called and wants Woody and everyone else to know they feel they offer a better prize in every box.
other than the the swipe at obama, i'm with you on this one.

handing the prize out like it's a trinket is imo reprehensible and I can hear alfred turning over in his grave.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

So instead of Bono or Bush getting a Nobel prize, our much esteemed hero Algore got one instead.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

Bet51987 wrote:
I don't know who "they" are but the hatred toward Obama is very real and it's not just about liberal vs conservative. It's about color which makes him a very protected president.

Bee
Obama is a very protected president because race baiters like yourself, Jesse Jackson and Rev Al Sharpton keep beating the race drum. Yet were were you and your racist demogogues when Condolleza Rice was having racist cartoons drawn about her?:

http://www.amptoons.com/blog/archives/2 ... ezza-rice/

Did you defend her on your liberal forums you frequent? Don't remember you speaking out here so much.

On the Daily KOS, there was this headline:

"Uncle Tom Powell Stumps for Massah Bush
by Soj
Uncle Tom Powell Stumps for Massah Bush
Mon Apr 12, 2004 at 03:31:55 PM PDT

Yes suh! Yes suh! Right away suh!

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/4/12/183155/559

Did you post (you have linked the Daily KOS so I know you visit there) anything against the racist verbage? Or is it OK when Republican black folk get treated derogatorily by liberals? I think Bee you better get your head screwed on straight before you become just another mind numbed robot who'll let others tell it how to respond and when.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Liberals are allowed to be racist, they’re the “good” guys.
Ferno

Re:

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote:So instead of Bono or Bush getting a Nobel prize, our much esteemed hero Algore got one instead.
I LOL'd when I saw he got one.

so stupid
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

The problem is not that you recognize there are racists Bee, the problem is that huge brush you want to paint all dissenters with.

It’s kind of a spineless dodge, IMHO.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Did you know that a \"score\" is 20? ;)
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

A little Krauthammer, for good measure -
SPIEGEL: Mr. Krauthammer, did the Nobel Commitee in Oslo honor or doom the Obama presidency by awarding him the Peace Prize?

Charles Krauthammer: It is so comical. Absurd. Any prize that goes to Kellogg and Briand, Le Duc Tho and Arafat, and Rigoberta Menchú, and ends up with Obama, tells you all you need to know. For Obama it's not very good because it reaffirms the stereotypes about him as the empty celebrity.

SPIEGEL: Why does it?

Krauthammer: He is a man of perpetual promise. There used to be a cruel joke that said Brazil is the country of the future, and always will be; Obama is the Brazil of today's politicians. He has obviously achieved nothing. And in the American context, to be the hero of five Norwegian leftists, is not exactly politically positive.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/wor ... 01,00.html
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Re:

Post by SilverFJ »

Bet51987 wrote:
Spidey wrote:It’s kind of a spineless dodge, IMHO.
I'm learning. When good places like factcheck.org, or any other factchecking sites that I've linked to, get thrown back in my face then all I have left is mud like the stuff Woodchip posts. So, since mud is this forum's normal substance, I throw that back.

Bee
It isn't mud he's throwing, it's thick, gloppy reality. It just tends to stick like mud.

There are people out there who hate Obama and his policy because he is not the same color and creed as they are. They are called racists. They do exist, unfortunately, and they probably always will.

On the other hand, there are people who disagree with, even hate Obama and/or his policies because of what they and his administration consist of, regardless of what color he is. These people are typically referred to as free thinkers or more likely, Republicans. (Not to throw partisanship into the necessary mix, but a stereotype is okay once in a while. :P )

It's when you freely paint the latter as "racist" without bothering to make the distinction where trouble's run into, and it's a crutch that a lot of leftists hobble on.
woodchip wrote:So instead of Bono or Bush getting a Nobel prize, our much esteemed hero Algore got one instead.
Don't be so sarcastic. What would we do about manbearpig without him?

SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Even if you don't like O'Reilly this illustrates the point...

flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I may be totally off base I see it like this. There's gonna be more wheeling and dealing going on in the UN than we can imagine. There's gonna be hollering, fist pounding and spit flying. Bunching up like little gangs all with demands. Hell somebody may get punched in the mouth. Now they go and give Obama the Nobel Peace Prize and chairmanship. Now I wonder just how easy it's gonna be for him to get in there and play hardball with these guys while they plan the economic structure of the world? All this after he's been patted on the back and huckleberried into submission.