hiring new employees

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re: hiring new employees

Post by CUDA »

Top Gun wrote:So your "expectations are too high" that employees not sleep in the customers' cars. Wow. :lol:
Ya I thought the same thing :P

I guess he felt he was on break and it was ok :roll:
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Spidey wrote:I started my work career as a paper boy’s helper, yes…helper.

I did a lot of things, from scrap collection to dishwashing…all before I finished High School.

I did have an apprenticeship lined up, but got bumped for affirmative action, but I think my experience of going thru about 5 or 6 crap jobs after school was about typical, before finding a “good” job…then I started my own business when the opportunity came along. (not in my field of schooling either, which was electronics)
I was kind of the same way. flipped burgers at 2 joint and delivered the newspaper @ 3am, 3 jobs all at the same time. graduated from High school, joined the military, 32 years later in management.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Spidey wrote:I did a lot of things, from scrap collection to dishwashing…all before I finished High School.
CUDA wrote:I was kind of the same way. flipped burgers at 2 joint and delivered the newspaper @ 3am, 3 jobs all at the same time. graduated from High school, joined the military, 32 years later in management.
Just for the sake of pointing out, you guys are talking about a different employee than I am. We all did crappy jobs in high school, and a lot of people who didn't graduate high school or didn't go to college are still doing them. The employee I'm talking about is the guy in his early 20's with a Bachelors degree or maybe even 8 years of school under his belt. I can't blame someone with that amount invested in themselves to hold out for a their dream job. I mean, flipping burgers 30 hours a week won't pay off 80k in student loan debt especially if you are living on your own. That time is better spent sending out resumes, networking, and going on countless interviews.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I used those first crappy jobs to pay for my electronics education.

But I have to admit…I never spent 80k on that education.