Behemoth's official top 20 pilots of d3

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Now if we just had a list of the 10 WORST pilots, then *I* would have a chance for my 15 minutes of fame! :)

Kilarin
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Kilarin wrote:Now if we just had a list of the 10 WORST pilots, then *I* would have a chance for my 15 minutes of fame! :)

Kilarin
Nope, I don't think you would be on that list either, believe me I've played enough multiplayer to see just how pathetic some people can get and even if I have never actually seen you fly I can be pretty confident that you are better then some of the morons I have flown against in the last 6 years.
Robo
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Robo »

I just asked in-game if I was Chefkoch in diguise, which was fun.
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Krom wrote:I don't think you would be on that list either
Oh, trust me. I'd like to blame it all on my lousy dialup, but the truth is, if I had DSL I would just stink REAL FAST. :)

I LOVE descent, and I do wander through multi-player every so often (although not recently) but it's mainly just to improve everyone elses scores. :)

Kilarin
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

punisher wrote:Also, you're forgetting so many awesome pilots. My homey Rook will wipe the floor with half your list. And what about Hemp? I could go on and on...
Umm the list that featured pilots that actually PLAY?
Rook either flies under many aliaii or hes gone cause i havent seen him in ages, And as far as i know hemp doesnt play anymore either.. I could be wrong though.
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

Bet51987 wrote:The only games I see at night (EST) are Subway, Varicose, Skybox, Stadium, Ascent, and sometimes Indika. I play them all except Indika because I find that too boring. The rest you guys listed I rarely or nvr see played.

Off topic, but tonight I played Koolbear. :) A real name I see on the DBB.

Bettina
There you go, the elite pilots aren't typically found in those levels, other than Indika. Indika is one of the few boating levels that the top players like.
Dont forget NYSA, minerva, or kataclysmica.
NYSA and Minerva weren't very heavily played back when I was active, and Kata was awesome for 1v1's, but wasn't played much with larger numbers of pilots. I guess that's the problem with not really starting until 2003.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Clayman wrote:
Dont forget NYSA, minerva, or kataclysmica.
NYSA and Minerva weren't very heavily played back when I was active, and Kata was awesome for 1v1's, but wasn't played much with larger numbers of pilots. I guess that's the problem with not really starting until 2003.
Well, i used to see a ton of people in koors when i started years back also.
Getalife
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Getalife »

I haven't played in a long time (does that make me an oldbie or a newbie?), but it seems like I remember beating a few people on those lists, and I never thought of myself in the top 20. Especially back in the D3 heyday, when there were so many good pilots.

But one reason a Top xx list is so tough to do is how different people match up. There were people who owned me, but who were owned by somebody else I could beat. See what I mean?

Of course, some of the people on that list were unbeatable, at least by me. I mean, a couple of those guys, you felt awesome if you just managed to kill them a time or 2, while enduring the pounding you got.

But I do seem to remember kicking Sandman's tail a few times............. :D
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I'm obviously the best all around D3 pilot. You're all too n00b to comprehend my greatness. :(
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

hahaha =) thanks for indika man descent wouldnt have been the same without it.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Yeah, everyone would have played SLW instead. ;)

*edit, thanks though. I appreciate it.
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

You've got my vote!

My list:

1. Vander
2. Vander
3. Vander

(learning republican tactics from Lothar)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Birdseye wrote:You've got my vote!

My list:

1. Vander
2. Vander
3. Vander

x2
Works for meeee! :D :P
JazzyJet
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by JazzyJet »

...... Who's Behemoth?
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Hahaha I'm bored, Lets make a funner list.
Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Pun »

JazzyJet wrote:...... Who's Behemoth?
I have no idea. :P
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

WarAdvocat wrote:stadium/phoenix/vauss-only pilots,
What are inferring? :lol:
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Dedman wrote:
WarAdvocat wrote:stadium/phoenix/vauss-only pilots,
What are inferring? :lol:
He means that there will always be a select many pilots who arent as diverse as others.

Example those who live, sleep and will eventually die in veins.. not going to name names but you usually know what weapon they sleep with at night.
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

The tough thing between Ryu and I is that back when he was actually active, I wasn't very good and I was still playing on an old computer that was getting me about 75 fps.

About a year after he retired I finally started to hit my stride in D3 (200+ fps on a new computer didn't hurt either :) )

How he and I would do against eachother in our primes, I don't know. I practiced with Wakeman a lot more than I ever did with Ryu.

Wakeman was a pretty awesome pilot. I remember when we would play in team games he would normally get a slightly higher score than me, and I would get a slightly higher efficiency.

In 1 on 1 Wakeman learned my style so well after awhile that he started to almost always beat me. That bastard :)
Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Pun »

Behemoth wrote:
punisher wrote:Also, you're forgetting so many awesome pilots. My homey Rook will wipe the floor with half your list. And what about Hemp? I could go on and on...
Rook either flies under many aliaii or hes gone cause i havent seen him in ages, And as far as i know hemp doesnt play anymore either.. I could be wrong though.
Umm, at least 13 of the 20 pilots on your list dont play anymore or play very very little.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

punisher wrote:
Behemoth wrote:
Umm, at least 13 of the 20 pilots on your list dont play anymore or play very very little.
The first list yes, The second list was for people who play everyday, the ones i actually SEE in the servers.
Sarge
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Sarge »

Birdseye wrote:You've got my vote!

My list:

1. Vander
2. Vander
3. Vander

Roffle-Mayo!
Admiral Thrawn
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Admiral Thrawn »

I definitely dont' fit in the list of top fighters, but I'm quite sure I've been among the most evil to grace the game
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Xeon should be on that list.

Even if only for perseverance: he's the only guy to get two pilots through to DemiGod status before PXO folded.

He might have been laggy for you yanks - but he was devastating at low ping.
Sarge
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Sarge »

Mobius wrote:Xeon should be on that list.

Even if only for perseverance: he's the only guy to get two pilots through to DemiGod status before PXO folded.

There was only TWO ways to achieve DemiGod on PXO...

Either your name was Birdseye or you were a h4¤0rïÑ cheatin MF!
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Sarge wrote:

hahaha!
{Hawk}Liquid
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by {Hawk}Liquid »

How does he consider himself a top 20 pilot. He doesn't even get an efficancy of 50% till he tweaks his connection. What a joke. Just like when he pretended to be in [D3K]. :\
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

{Hawk}Liquid wrote:How does he consider himself a top 20 pilot. He doesn't even get an efficancy of 50% till he tweaks his connection. What a joke. Just like when he pretended to be in [D3K]. :\
Dude, you're posts are irrelevant here, Go play socal 2 or whatever you call it and leave descent alone.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

*yawhn*

fight fight fight fight fight fight
Sarge
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Sarge »

Behemoth wrote:
Sarge wrote:

hahaha!
I should'a added a large-grin smiley on the end of that post...

SORRREEEEEE!

Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

what was really funny was after he got demigod status and there was a big 'showdown' between me and him that ended 10-2.

Many people thought I was going to get 'smoked' and that I was going to struggle playing p2p because xeon was used to lag and I was not. Funny that people forgot I had played D1 and D2 on kali on a 28.8 modem for longer than d3 had even been out. Talk about crap connections. All the whining about connects in d3... sheesh, we had it BAD in d1/d2 days.

/ end fond egotistical recollection
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

People were thinking Xeon was going to smoke Birds? hahahaha, thats rich, Xeon only beat on noobs, he had a glass jaw vs any decent player.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Birdseye wrote:what was really funny was after he got demigod status and there was a big 'showdown' between me and him that ended 10-2.

Many people thought I was going to get 'smoked' and that I was going to struggle playing p2p because xeon was used to lag and I was not. Funny that people forgot I had played D1 and D2 on kali on a 28.8 modem for longer than d3 had even been out. Talk about crap connections. All the whining about connects in d3... sheesh, we had it BAD in d1/d2 days.

The sad thing is, they have whined about my connection only when i do good.. hell i hadn't even heard of "tweaking" you're connection till People like javed, and shadowfox mentioned it to me.

When i actually think about it if i tweaked my connect to be skippier that would only make me more of a target... just plain common sense.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

yea those were the 'good ol days' huh bri. ;)
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

Xeon was the best Descenter Down Under.

That population consists of Xeon and Mobius, however. :oops:
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

Birdseye wrote:what was really funny was after he got demigod status and there was a big 'showdown' between me and him that ended 10-2.

haha you modest bastard.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Money! wrote:

haha you modest bastard.
Modest in that he let him have 10-2 instead of 10-0 =)
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Mobius wrote:He might have been laggy for you yanks - but he was devastating at low ping.
If I remember correctly I did play countless games with you, Rijruna, G2, and Xeon back then. But he all ways lagged like hell at my end, making him much harder to kill. Of course playing on 56k at the time and on the other side of world didn't help much either.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Did Xeon duel in p2p every time or something? That's the only way lag is going to hurt you.

There are a few other Descent players in the southern hemisphere... personally I mostly play D1/2, but rijruna is another notable name.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I think he did p2p alot, or when I played him.