I’m a free man

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

I’m a free man

Post by Dedman »

Well, I finally finished grad school. This last Saturday I graduated from Georgia State University. I received a Masters of Business Administration with a concentration in entrepreneurship. It has been a long road and I am glad to be finished. I can finally relax a bit and spend more time with my family. That is until I start my own business.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

Grats Deadman...thimking of going back to study also this year. Does this mean you n mrs ded will be increasing the brood????
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Dedman »

Flabby Chick wrote:Grats Deadman...thimking of going back to study also this year. Does this mean you n mrs ded will be increasing the brood????
As a matter of fact, it does.
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

Congrats Dedman !!!
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

MBA = license to print money?

Good on ya mate!
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Congrats, but I find it funny they award MBAs with a concentration in Entrepeneurship... get yer ass outta school and start entrepeneuring! :P
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Congratulations. =)
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

An MBA.. Nice.. Maybe one for me in five years ;)

Currently I'm stacking up Masters Degrees... And best of all, being a student!
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Dedman »

DCrazy wrote:Congrats, but I find it funny they award MBAs with a concentration in Entrepeneurship... get yer ass outta school and start entrepeneuring! :P
It does sound funny at first. However, if you think about it, it's the purest form of an MBA. In entrepreneurship, you have to consider and administer the entire business not just marketing, or finance, or accounting, or economics. You have to be able to understand it all and be able to use it in a holistic way.

The farther I got into the program, the more I realized that I couldn't stand those other disciplines. If I had gotten a concentration in one of the more traditional areas I could really only use it working at a big corporation. I have been (and still am) a cog in a wheel. I am done with that.

When Mrs. Dedman and I get back from our cruise, I am going to start my own business. In a couple of years, I hope to be able to quit my job and work my business, or better stated, have my business work for me full time.
Tricord wrote:Currently I'm stacking up Masters Degrees... And best of all, being a student!
I briefly (about a nanosecond) thought about getting into a PhD program. I can't stand school though. I never could. To me, school is a means to an end. I am extremely glad I am out.
Genghis
DBB Newbie
DBB Newbie

Post by Genghis »

So what's the business you're gonna start? Is it a longtime dream or a new idea? Is it a passion or a moneymaker or both?
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Something very similar to this: http://www.flatfoamflyers.com/
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

Nice Ded. Lemme know when you get up and running with it- I'm interested in getting into electrics, and I understand that foamies are very forgiving. (I don't have any equipment, though, so it may take a bit for me to get up and running... gotta live on a budget these days.)