Holocaust Redux?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Holocaust Redux?

Post by Nightshade »

--- letter to Kofi Annan --

May 18, 2006

The Honorable Kofi Annan
Secretary General of the United Nations
United Nations
New York, NY 10017

Dear Secretary General Annan:

I am writing you on a matter of grave concern regarding a new Iranian “National Uniform Law” that was discussed in the Iranian Parliament, the Majlis, on Monday. The law was drafted two years ago and held up in the Iranian Parliament. It has now been revived and pushed forward by President Ahmadinejad.

According to an editorial that was to appear in Friday’s National Post, by Amir Taheri, a well known and well respected analyst on Iranian affairs, a consensus has developed regarding color badges to be worn by non-Moslems: yellow for Jews, red for Christians, blue for Zoroastrians and other colors for other religions. This would make religious minorities immediately identifiable and allow Moslems to avoid contact with non-Moslems.

If this is true, it would move Iran even closer to the Nazi ideology of the 1930s which also began with yellow badges and ended with the Holocaust that led to the murder of six million Jews and millions of other innocent civilians.

Given President Ahmadinejad’s record of labeling the Holocaust a myth and calling for the obliteration of the State of Israel, we must urgently take action. Now is the time for the United Nations and the international community to launch an immediate investigation, to seek clarification from the Iranians themselves on whether or not the new “National Uniform Law” would single out non-Moslems and require them to wear a color-coded identification patch. If that is not their intention, then let President Ahmadinejad tell the world it is not so.

Sincerely,

Rabbi Marvin Hier
Founder and Dean
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

I don't know this guy from a hole in the wall but it seems that he's trying to play the holocaust card to scare people.

here's some info on this rabbi's orginization. just so you know where he's coming from. http://www.ihr.org/other/swcpower.html
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

heh!

That http://www.ihr.org/ is basically an organizaion that says Israel shouldn't exist.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

where
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

LOL

Not only that, but there are articles on that site that suggest history's view of hitler was distorted and full of lies. Hitler wasn't such a bad guy, he remade Germany into a powerful nation!

Geez Ferno. You shave your head yet?
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

heh. ya know, things would progress better without the bomb-throwing.

The article that I think you're referring to is a link to a BBC news article. I guess that makes them nazis too.

now I'm wondering... why did you ask if i've shaven my head yet. are you accusing me of being a nazi? because if so, that is not only disgusting, but you're also accusing me of being an anti-semite; which is a complete falsehood.

if you want to debate, debate. but as it stands, this discussion is tainted.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

I'm surprised this isnt getting more attention.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

yellow for Jews, red for Christians, blue for Zoroastrians and other colors for other religions
So athiests wouldn't need a badge... cool!
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Re:

Post by fliptw »

another report

that has ihr site is something else.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

another story on it

some quips i found interesting in the story.

The prime minister couldn't vouch for the accuracy of the newspaper report, but he added that Iran was capable of such actions and compared them to Nazi practices.
And Iranian politicians - including a Jewish legislator in Tehran - were infuriated by the Post report, which they called false.

\"Such a plan has never been proposed or discussed in parliament,\" Motamed told the Associated Press.

\"Such news, which appeared abroad, is an insult to religious minorities here.\"
Another Iranian legislator said the newspaper has distorted a bill that he presented to parliament, which calls for more conservative clothing for Muslims.

\"It's a sheer lie. The rumours about this are worthless,\" Emad Afroogh said.
\"Please tell them (the West) to check the details of the bill. There is no mention of religious minorities and their clothing in the bill.\"
so here we have harper, our own PM, quoting something he doesn't know is true or not, but uses the 'capable of' argument to try and scare us (Canada).

I'm capable of knocking over a liquor store. does that mean I'm going to do it?

And it seems people from Iran are wondering just where we are getting our facts from.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

To: Rabbi Marvin Hier,

Re: color badges to be worn by non-Moslems in Iran

Dear Sir,

Please ensure you have your facts correct, and your sources verified before making highly inflamatory and unsubstantiated allegations to my office.

Additionally, make sure your brain is engaged before putting your mouth in gear.

Yours, with annoyance,

Kofi Annan,
SecGen
United Nations.

CC: GWB
MW: 324-887/8