An interesting movie is coming out...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

An interesting movie is coming out...

Post by Nightshade »

Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Sounds pretty close to Christianity's history. I think the only religion that isn't based off murder is Buddhism and Atmos. ;)
Shadowfury333
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Shadowfury333 »

Testiculese wrote:Sounds pretty close to Christianity's history. I think the only religion that isn't based off murder is Buddhism and Atmos. ;)
We're not based off of murder. Jesus never asked us to murder. Christianity was simply abused by totalitarian rulers (aka royalty) in order to further their non-religious imperialistic goals between the 12th and 15th centuries(approximately). Unlike the Islamic rulers of the middle east today, the european despots of the past were not interested in spreading Canon law, they were merely interested in personal gain.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Oh, well not entirely, no. But despots aren't responsible for burning witches and stoning blasphemers, right here in the States.

Those despots and kings, who were quite heavily Christian/Catholic, were responsible for wiping out entire civilizations to claim gold for Christianity (and of course, themselves). How do you like that? Greed, Christianity and totalitarianism hand in hand. Like I said, I don't really see much of a difference(sans greed), especially when the current whacko's over there are living in about the same timeframe as the 14th century whackos.

We just have to wait until they make it into the 20th century before they clean themselves up a bit. Only a few centuries to go!
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Testiculese wrote:Oh, well not entirely, no. But despots aren't responsible for burning witches and stoning blasphemers, right here in the States.
Again, Jesus never commanded us to to do this. On the contrary, He rebuked Peter when Peter attacked a person with a sword when the solders came for Jesus.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

LOL.

I smell a turd. :)
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

when Christians murder, they're going against Jesus' commandments.

when Muslims murder, they're following in Mohammed's footsteps.